Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #202 Bale of Turtles Facing Facts!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #2  

Well the last few days i have struggled with my depression and it really has an adverse effect on my eating healthy. I have not given up though and am still determined to make this work. I did do some dancing around with the kids for exercise and man was my heart pumping after a few minutes. Hope everyone is staying positive and working hard toward their goals.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday... best wishes for a very Happy Fourth of July to everyone! We will have some company over tomorrow and then heading to Lake Michigan on Saturday to take my mom to the beach for the day. Sunday will be yard work, etc. I most likely will not make it to W/I on Saturday as we need to leave early in the morning for travel.

I am struggling with my eating right now also and have not been exercising at all this week other then yard work. I will get back at it though.

Off next week for vacation, will be at home doing things around the house as DH vacation request was revoked due to "business needs"... talk about pissed off! Oh boy was he mad! It did not make me very happy either as we had made some plans... but my house is in desperate need of a very good cleaning so I will be working on that.

Keep at it everyone... even the gains, depressions, pain, etc can not keep us turtles down for long!

Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-03-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #4  
Chick

Turtles, I hear you all. I'm having a tough time too doing everything right and gaining three pounds. I think it's the weather and too much salt and exercising well again for the first time in a long time.

Have a great fourth and we'll all be on the right track soo.

However, we can do this we are doing this and we will do this!!! : to us all.
Judy
Old 07-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Happy July 4th to all of you! Hope you are having a great holiday.

I did my w/i today & was down 1.8# - but remember last week I had that big gain, so I still am up.

Tomorrow I am having a few cousins and friends (all female) to trailer for a "ladies day" so that should be fun. Judy - I am making your veggie pie & sure everyone will like it as much as myself. We are also having lean burgers.
And some munchie type stuff & of course, some "cocktails" - overall should be a good day. The weather is suppose to be great so we should get in a swim & big walk.

Anyway, have a great time!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I have had a total meltdown with food and attitude. See Cherry--it can happen to all of us. However, today I am working on baby steps and promise myself that I can overcome this.

Sending : to all of us. We seem to need it right now.

to Bandit for knocking off some of the gained weight. Weigh to go!
Love, Judy
Old 07-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #7  

Hi turtles:

Had a great weekend - the weather was wonderful & everyone had fun.

Judy - your veggie pie was quite a hit - everyone loved it!
Sorry to hear about your meltdown but as you know we have all been there.
Heres to you getting back on track.

Hope everone is enjoying themselves.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, so glad the veggie pie worked out well. and many thanks for the words of encouragement.
Love, Judy
Old 07-09-2008, 06:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Wednesday! I am struggling too... eating things that I normally would not touch! Not sure what is happening but I fear some of it is emotional as the whole neck/back thing is kind of getting to me and DH has much stress at work right now and the pours over into our home life.... oh well, I will just keep at it!

I cleaned my whole kitchen yesterday, ugh! Washed walls and everything, the only thing I did not get to was the inside of the cabinets... I worked for over six hours on everything else and then had to get out into the yard to get the grass mowed before the storms came through last evening. I will work on the cabinets some time this week along with going through the closets, etc.

It is nice to not be at work this week... but since I need that darned old paycheck it is back to work on Monday

Bandit: Sounds like fun at the trailer! Girls weekend, what a dream!

Judy: I am struggling too... badly right now. Sigh, all's we can do it get back at it I guess.

I will check in again soon!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #10  

Princess - sounds like you are working hard at home. Have to get back to work to relax abit. Sometimes that is the way it seems. There is always stuff to do when you have a house. But, good for you for tackling such a big job - must make you feel good with all that done!

Yes we had a nice girls weekend - even got a campfire going!

Judy,Cherry, Ladybug - hope you are all doing well.

It has been very hot/humid up here the last few days & a few storms around us, but we just got rain. But as I said before - I don't like to complain about the heat because at least it is not freezing rain - that will be back soon enough.

Have a great OP turtle day!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #11  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I made myself go to WW's today. The news was as I feared. Last week I exercised great and kept on Flex perfectly all week and gained three pounds. I was so frustrated I said, "What the heck" and ate myself into oblivion. So as a consequence I'm up a total of 5.8# Egads!!!! Not good. I know I'm being rebellious, reacting to emotions about my family that need to be addressed in healthier manner, and am just sick and tired of dieting. And yes, this is a healthy lifestyle change but there's a kid inside me saying why aren't banana splits in my lifestyle?????? It isn't fair. Well something happened a bit ago and I need to write it down and get rid of it and I promise I will do that tomorrow. I'll write it and burn it and get rid of it creeping into my thinking.

Now I have to get and stay on track. Princess, I hear you and I'm there too.
W hat I know is that we all have the wherewithall to get on top of these feelings and be proud of ourselves on Labor DAy weekend. Day by day, hour by hour, meal by meal I can do this and I am doing it!

Bandit, thanks for your encouragement and cheerful posts. They help a lot.
Princess, you're doing a lot and I'm sending you to help you accomplish what you want to accomplish at home. Economic times are tough right now. My new son in law is having trouble finding a job, so that makes things tense for my dd. Send some goodvibes via cyber space that things work out for them.

In the meantime I bless my lucky stars that I've got the Turtles to vent to and encourage and support as the circumstances change. Here's that we all do a little better this week and can report back that we've got a
: : and a :hugs: to us all.
Judy
Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #12  

Good morning, turtles:

Judy - I hear what you are saying. I also have "emotional triggers" so fully understand how you feel. I think it is good you are in the mindsent of
"let it go" - sounds easy, but is difficult to do. Hope you find your inner strentgh I know you have.

Princess - hope your back is feeling better.

Seems we have a few turtles MIA - hoping they are good & find their way back.

In meantime - I have had a pretty good week foodwise so hoping for some kind of weight loss this week. Will w/i Sat a.m. since I am going to trailer tonight after work & staying up there for tomorrow - it is suppose to be great pool weather.

Have a great OP day!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, thanks so much for your thoughtful post. It makes me know that I can do this. Good luck for a : tomorrow and enjoy your time at the pool and trailer this weekend.

Thank goodness today and even last night have been much better. My eating is closer to being on track and as Ikeep this up I'll lose weight this week.

Princess, here's : that you feel better and enjoy your week off at home. I remember when I was working that I couldn't wait for a long weekend or a vacation break to clean out closets. I know that sounds so lame, but don't you just get to a point where you see so much that has to be done and you wonder how you can get to it? (I love having found flylady.net because she helps me keep my house in order and WW and the Turtles help me get my eating in order)

Bandit and Princess and Chrily and Cherry and Ladybug and Slugbug--here's such an insightful thought that may help turn things around: My WW friend saw this in Dr. Oz's book: Make believe you're traveling to Thinville. You have to cross a bridge to get there. Well, you miss the turn and fail to pick up the bridge. Now your GPS is not going to yell at you and tell you you're stupid for missing the turn!!!! It is going to tell you to make the next available U turn and get to the bridge to your destination!!! It will not make you drive over a cliff because of a mistake. There's a wonderful lesson there, buddies, so let's all lighten our individual guilt when we're not perfect and keep on making those U turns to get to goal.

God Bless!
Judy
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #14  

Judy - Thanks for that encouraging thought. While i have not bee posting i am still reading posts. I had a change in my depression meds so i am working with those changes.

Princess - Hope you are feeling better.

Bandit -Hoping your WI goes well on Saturday. Update us on that.

Well i am maintaing my weight at 227.4 but i really want to make the changes that i need to Take care of myself. It is not easy but no one said it would be. I did get up this morning, put on exercise outfit, and did 1 mile walk away the pounds!!!! It has been months since i have motivated myself enough to do that. So feeling good about that decision.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #15  
Chick

okay, okay, Cherry--you get the picture. Good for you for getting in the walk! Weigh to go. You can do this--and so can we all.

Have a great weekend, everybody!
Judy