Old 06-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Halloween Goal -costume time!

Wow I can’t believe the month of June is already gone. I did so good last month, I’m a bit disappointed that I did so bad this month. I only lost 1 pound in the month of June, but I really slacked off this month. I think it was because, after the “Great Crash of May” and my June goals got deleted, I didn’t bother to put them back up, So I had no one to be accountable to. Thus, I slacked off.

So here it is, about to be July. The middle of the year.
The bet time of the year is just 4 months away. Halloween.

Last year I spent $200 on my costume. I get crazy about Halloween costumes the way other people get crazy about their Christmas light decoration on their house. Last year it was a coin toss between a pirate and a vampire. My best friend pointed out to me that I almost always was a vampire for Halloween so I went for the Pirate costume. Oh the dress was so pretty and I was so happy they had great costumes in my size! (they had stuff there up to size 24). I still wasn’t happy about the way I looked, which was confirmed last month when my Best friend showed me the pictures she took of us during Halloween. I was standing next to my DF and I looked horrible. (to me)

So this year I’m going back to the city and back to the costume shop to get the super fancy, old-fashioned vampire dress that I wanted last year. But this year I want to look better. So my goal is to lose 20 pounds by Halloween. That’s 5 pounds a month. BUT! I go costume shopping in the middle of September (you must if you want first pick on costumes) so I hope to lose the 20 pounds by then. That averages out to around 2 pounds a week. I hope I can do it! I’ll keep myself accountable on this thread. If anyone else has a Halloween goal or anything, feel free to post right along with me. ^.^

Last edited by Sakai; 06-30-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

I always wanted to be some kind of fairy ... more so like a "dark/evil" fairy or soemthing... but I always feel to chunky to pull it off and look good .. I mean fairies are little and dainty right?...lol .. my husband thinks its dumb but I would really like to be able to dress up and go along with my kids ... they would get a kick out of it I'm sure ....

Last year I did infact be a dark fairy .. but I had no money or time to buy myself a costume ( I decided at the last minute ) so I took some black clothes I had and some wiccan / alternative jewlry I had from my younger days .. and I made wings out of hangers and black nylons and sewed them to the back of my sweater ..went over board on the makeup and some deep red lipstick once given to me but never worn and called it good LOL..

I think I looked ridiculous but my kids insisted I looked "cool" and convinced me to stay that way... I got lots of "wow you made those ! "

my husbands look priceless .... and when I asked him to take a few pictures of me .. I jsut felt so dumb and didn't smile in any of them ..to make matters worse .. I looked alot bigger in those pictures than what I felt that night!! big eye opener!

so my goal for this year would be to get that store bought awesome fairy costume and wear it and look good and have some good pictures !!!!

my goal date is around october 8th .. so we will see!!! If I make it I will post some fairy pics
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #3  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

yes yes yes
being comfortable by halloween has been a goal of mine from the get go and I think it's doable to try and reach my goal of 130 or at least 135 by then.
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #4  
Less is more.

Hi onesullengurl..moralitylikeart
glad to see you joined the thread ^.^
Today is the 1st and so I'm off to a okay start. I'm well under my calories, but my day just started, (I work the night shift) I'm not going to the gym today because I can't pay membership until thrusday.
obviously the 4th of july is on friday but we're throwing the part on Thrusday so that my younger brothers can be with us. I'm going to try and make healthy stuff for the party.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

This thread gave me an idea... I have a dress that I wear to a Renaissance Festival every fall. Last time, it was very difficult to zip up even with a girdle and a helpful husband. I was truly afraid that I would bust my zipper so I wore a cape over it. Unfortunately, much of my weight gain was since then, but I just pulled it out and tried it on. I was able to zip it sans girdle by myself! It's still a little snug, but I hope it will be really comfy, if not somewhat loose, by the next festival .
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Today is the first time since I started my "diet" that I've really had a problem with being hungry .... I was doing really really good .... maybe not eating the best things everyday but mainly at keeping my appetite at bay .. and eating smaller amounts ... it also happens to be the week before TOM which is my first one since starting also ! ... man I did not realize how hard it would be ... I can't stop I keep going back tot he kitchen .. and getting a little handful of this a little handful of that ( trying so hard to be good by eating little handfuls ...) I know for a fact I have got to be WAY over my calories event hough I never kept track today ... I had a bad dinner tonight ( hotdog and beans and greek pasta salad ) I've been snacking ever since after dinner ... but at least it was all healthy stuff! right?

today I've had

walnuts - ( this will be the one that kills me ) ... about 20 halves/pieces
sliced almonds - about 1/2 cup
lots of spinach! ( like 3 -4 bowls of spinach ) why am I craving spinach so much?
romaine - about 1-2 cups
cottage cheese ( about 1 1/2 cups total )
blueberries ( so many I don't even know) Id guess about 1-2 cups!!!
grapes ( about 10? )
multi grain cheerios - 1/4th Cup
lentil soup - 1 cup
milk ( about a cup )
water - lots!
yogurt ( yoplait light ) x1
hot dog x1
beans - about 3/4th cup
greek pasta salad - a whole frekin pound .. it was so good ...
a fat free chocolate pudding snack cup

o well tomorrow is a new day! ( hopefully haha )

Last edited by onesullengurl; 07-01-2008 at 11:58 PM.
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #7  
Less is more.

my only slip today was snacking on a bag of M&M's at work. but I only had 4 and then I forced my DF to keep the bag away from me. For lunch I had a salad and a fruit cut. (with 1/4 cup each of mango, kiwi and strawberrys.) for dinner I had Spaggetti and homemade sauce with a glass of Cranberry acai juice. coming to about 1240 cals today. well under my calorie limit of 1600.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

yoyoma....that is so AWESOME that you can zip your outfit up without the girdle!!! Way to go!!!

I don't really have an outfit picked out this year for halloween. I'm not going to have my girls this year so my bf and i are planning on going to Six Flags!! I am so excited about that. But maybe i can find something comfortable to wear for running around the park. I've always wanted to go to Six Flags on Halloween. But i think this is an awesome thread. If i were to dress up for halloween though, i'd like to wear something short and skimpy and sexy. (Not that my bf would let me out of the house like that though!!!) lol!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #9  
Less is more.

wow sorry for not logging in this past week. I've been super busy.
I finally got my gym membership payed, and started going back to the gym. It was my night off so I got up a 3:30 this morning to hit the gym. I started slow again, because it's been about 2 weeks from the last time I was at the gym. I did 40 minutes on the treadmil at about 4.5 miles per hour.

My Df finally hooked up the Wii Fit a few days ago and I'm freakin addicted to the thing. the games are so fun and the yoga is great! I may not be burning much but at least I'm off my butt. the step game gets me winded lol
Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #10  
im someones booby baby ;)

S/C/G: 214/208/152

Height: 5'8

Talking

Hey guys! So before I looked in the challenge section, I decided that halloween would be a goal for me. Then I saw this challenge and was pretty stoked! I'm hoping to be somewhere in the range of 178-183 by Halloween day. So, that means I need to lose around 1-2 lbs a week.

I've joined challenges before and always wound up dropping out, so I'm def. hoping I am able to stick to this this time.

It's a little bit of a stressful time right now, just started school, my dh just got out of the military, so we're both looking for jobs...but I'm hoping to join a gym by next month, and that until then getting out with my dog will give me some sort of stress release and just good ole cardio!

I'm excited to be going along with the rest of you ladies for the next few months! Good luck
Crystal0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #11  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Count me in I love Halloween. I'm hoping to be out of the 200's by then.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #12  
Yogasaurus

S/C/G: 180/120/115

Height: 5' 5"

DH and I went to the Hawthorne Hotel Halloween Party in Salem, Mass last year, and it was AMAZING! Fun and cheery and spooky, all at the same time. I was a fairy, and my DH a Scotsman. I NEED to go again this year! There were people of all ages, shapes and sizes dancing their hearts out and looking great in a variety of costumes, so I KNOW that all of you gals are going to be amazing this year at Haloween! Bring on the sexy pirate vampires!
Circebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #13  
Less is more.

lol Cricebee. That sounds like super fun. It would be awsome to have something like that around here.

Today it's super muggy outside, it wants to rain but it just wont. >_< I sweated so much at the gym today my shirt got soaked. thats the first time that's ever happened to me. I blame it on the weather as I don't think I worked too hard today. ^_^ I dropped the 3 pounds I gained so now I'm back to 247.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #14  

Mind my jumping in? I would love to lose 15-20 lbs also by halloween.
bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #15  
Less is more.

Join right in bluemommy!
I didn't go to the gym today. I was super tired and slow at work and got in trouble for it 0.o
So I decided to sleep in. I got an extra hour of sleep (far better than my 5 and half hours I've been getting this week.) I'm still going to spend some time on my wii fit. Do some streches and maybe relax a little more so that I'm not so stressed, which I think is the main reason I'm so tired and can't seem to get a good night's sleep.

I also slipped today by eating breakfast right before bed. I was hungry, had the worst headache in the world, and was upset about my warning at work. Good news is that I didn't over eat and didn't have anything sugery, which I normally do when my DF and I go eat somewhere.