Old 06-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #1  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Stabilization

So, there are a few of us on stabilization right now, and even more with questions about it, so I thought I would start a specific thread. I'm about to go on to week two of stabilization, but I pretty much screwed up week one. I just have too much going on in my life, and made some bad dinner choices. Now, this week, I'm leaving on vacation in a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if week two will go any better :/. But, I have to just keep on keeping on.
Noah Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #2  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting the stabilization thread..it will be great to direct my stabilization questions here. So far so good for me on day 1..I got my "new" starch today
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #3  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

I'm on stabilization too. I am on week 5 so I've added back in just about everything. It hasn't been too bad. I was getting confused so I did me a little check list in a note book. It goes something like this:

1b 1b 1b (3 breads)
1f 1f (2 fruits, some days it's 1 fruit)
1v 1v (2 veggies)
1m (1 milk)
1ft (1 fat)
1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p (9 proteins)

I just cross them off after each meal. It really helps me keep up with what I've eaten. I'll do this until I get used to it.

Just wanted to share.

This truly is a lifestyle change and I know I can do it. I surely don't want to lose the respect I've gotten from others or all of the cute clothes at a size 8 -10 I've been buying.
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

This is my first week to I had angel food cake today with strawberries on top. I took a vanilla cream and mix it with half of a diet strawberry soda it made it real creamy it was good. I just hope I don't start craving straches again thats my biggest worry right now. but I know it is part of our stabilzation process. having three starches aweek my mom has already went through it and is on maintance she has maintained her weight for 6 months. She has done pretty good but ever once and awhile I have to remind her she can't have pasta potaoes and beans at one meal. Melanie
losingforhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #5  
Bringin' Sexy Back

I am on week 1 of the first stabilization menu. I too was/am a little worried about the starches..but I am only choosing starches that I can be strong with no animal crackers/angel food/pasta for me. I just don't think I could stop at 1 serving. I am sticking to the english muffins/baked potato/sweet potato/pitas, those are safer for me
Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #6  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I'm on stabilization too. I am on week 5 so I've added back in just about everything. It hasn't been too bad. I was getting confused so I did me a little check list in a note book. It goes something like this:

1b 1b 1b (3 breads)
1f 1f (2 fruits, some days it's 1 fruit)
1v 1v (2 veggies)
1m (1 milk)
1ft (1 fat)
1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p 1p (9 proteins)

I just cross them off after each meal. It really helps me keep up with what I've eaten. I'll do this until I get used to it.

Just wanted to share.

This truly is a lifestyle change and I know I can do it. I surely don't want to lose the respect I've gotten from others or all of the cute clothes at a size 8 -10 I've been buying.
Thanks for the tip, that does sound confusing.

I know what you mean about gaining respect and the wonderful feeling of trying on clothes now. I love my size 10!
Old 07-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #7  
Roller Derby Queen

Well, I've almost finished week 2, but, it's been a wash since I've been on vacation. I tried to be good, and the extra choices helped, but we'll see how it ends up.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

I have made it through the first week I had my first potaoes in a year this week only a small one but it was good. I sprayed it with ICBINB it was good. I start week 2 tomorrow. Happy 4th of July. Melanie
losingforhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #9  
Pat

How are ya'll doing? I went on vacation this week and did not really make good choices. The thing is, I know what I have to do now that I am back home. I don't think it will be difficult. I really did not enjoy eating the way we ate on vacation. I thought the food was too rich and I missed most of my good veggies and fruits. I am looking forward to getting back to eating the way I know I should. Good luck on your 2nd and 3rd weeks.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #10  
Roller Derby Queen

I gained 2 pounds on my vacation, but I'm with you, Pat. I got home, and got back with it. I've lost a pound of it so far, just from the water I've been drinking. Hopefully by WI on Tuesday, I'll be back where I started.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #11  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Default week 4

I'm on week 4 and I had a terrrible 4th of July. My struggle with the whole program has been alcohol. I'm not an excessive drinker, but to have a glass of wine be forbidden makes me want it even more. With lots of family over, we were drinking mimosa's by 11am and it was all down hill from there. I've been really good with the food choices, but I've noticed that I have let down my guard a bit. The only other thing I did off program was a piece of choc raspberry cake. I have gained 2 lbs back since stabilization and I am going to change my ticker this week if I haven't dropped them off, it's so discouraging.
cargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #12  
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
I'm on week 4 and I had a terrrible 4th of July. My struggle with the whole program has been alcohol. I'm not an excessive drinker, but to have a glass of wine be forbidden makes me want it even more. With lots of family over, we were drinking mimosa's by 11am and it was all down hill from there. I've been really good with the food choices, but I've noticed that I have let down my guard a bit. The only other thing I did off program was a piece of choc raspberry cake. I have gained 2 lbs back since stabilization and I am going to change my ticker this week if I haven't dropped them off, it's so discouraging.
I know what you mean. I think alcohol (wine and martinis) was my down fall on my vacation too. It is probably water weight you gained and you will lose it quickly. I think the scale will fluctuate a little so don't be too discouraged.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #13  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
You've probably got 2 lbs of water weight - should come off with extra water & a couple of days of eating on program. The problem with alcohol (aside from the water retention) is that it makes it all too easy to eat off program as well. I do like the occasional wine cooler, tho - made with cheap lambrusco or sangria & diet Sprite or 7Up.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #14  
Pat

I finished stabilization and am now on maintenance. I told the girls how much I would miss them. I also told them how much I have learned doing this program. That is one of the great benefits I believe. I knew how to lose before but it seems this program really gave me the tools I need to keep the weight off and to make good choices.

They gave me a 1200 calorie diet to follow. There are alot of choices. The diet tells me exactly how much to eat of each choice per day. It makes it easy actually. BTW corn, carrots, beets, artichokes and a few other vegetables are added back but you can only have them 2 times a week. Which is fine with me. There are also some free things like coffee, tea, ketchup, pickles, SF gelatin, and other things. It seems like a great variety of foods which should make it easy....portion control is what it is all about!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #15  
Roller Derby Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post

Which is fine with me. There are also some free things like coffee, tea, ketchup, pickles, SF gelatin, and other things. It seems like a great variety of foods which should make it easy....portion control is what it is all about!
Pickles!!!

Ugh, I'm on week 3, with the dairy, and I seem to be lactose intolerant. Bleh. They said to try drinking milk instead of eating yogurt, and if that didn't help, to just cut out the dairy altogether.