Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Default Think and Lose

Ok, I did a serch on this and I found a lot of great threads but none actually talking about what I wanted to know. Has anyone tried the Think and Lose hypnosis program? It seems to good to be true so I was wondering who has heard of it.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Never heard of it. I have to admit that when I read your post, the first thing I thought of was The Music Man ... "THINK music, men!!!"

Can you provide a link or give more info?

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've used hypnosis tapes and gone to hypnotherapists before, and in college I had to take a treatments and therapies course so I had to do (and receive) progressive relaxation and guided imagery techniques (basically hypnosis "light").

On one had, hynosis and self-hypnosis can be very helpful, and on the other it does nothing on its own. You don't undergo a hypnosis session and you're "cured." Rather it's a tool that can make hard work, maybe a tiny bit less hard. Though there's also a nuisance factor. With CD's it's less of a problem. I have a CD alarm clock that I could slip a hypnosis CD into before going to bed. Actually, I just realized that, because I did hypnosis tapes in the "dark ages" before CDs. I'd start the tape before I went to bed and the "pop" of the machine turning off would wake me up (annoying).

The best way to think of hypnosis is a repeated, and repeated, and repeated pep talk. The "if you can imagine it, you can do it" mentality.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8"

I haven't actually heard of this particular program but I was just commenting to someone recently that I think I must have brainwashed myself or something because my entire attitude toward food and exercise has changed so drastically over the last few months that I'm almost thinking of changing the motto in my signature. I'm just not finding this whole process all that hard at the moment - a lot of dilligence and a lot of work yes but just not that hard any more so I truly do think that any sort of "positive thinking" motivation can most definitely work.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Alot of how we eat is in our minds. And if we can change our attitudes about food and exercise, we'd all be alot healthier.
Brian Wansink's book "Mindless Eating" is a good read on the psychology of how we eat and what affects how we eat.
I think you can benefit from hypnosis and positive self talk, but I don't know anything about this program in particular.

Good luck
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I like Tom Nicoli's CD's for weight loss - although afterwards I can't remember a damn word he said although I think they might be helping my panic attacks and they help me relax before bed....
hmtklein is offline   Reply With Quote