UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:22 AM   #1  

Default UK Newbie on Xenical

Hi everyone,
Long story short.
2003 i weighed 280lbs. I lost 140lbs for my wedding last year and got married just under at 138 I was so pleased and was it was the best i'd ever looked in my life. I did it with slim fast plus a personal trainer for the last 4 months in the run up to our big day.
Over the past 14 months i have put on 40lbs
I am now back to being clinically obese at 181 and 5'5'' hence my doctor putting me on Xenical last week. I have been dieting hard back on slim fast for 4 weeks and going to the gym 3-4 times a week with no joy.
I don't know if it has any relevance what-so-ever but i saw more and more weight creepy on after i gave up smoking which was weird because i was roughly (ok i may of been cheating at the weekends) sticking to 1500 cals a day.
No wi am desperate to get some of this weight off.
I feel horrible in myself even though most of my old (stretchy) skirts and stuff still fit. All my trousers are far too tight to wear now.
I have gone from a size 10/12 to a 14/16
Anyways hopefully i will start making progress. I started taking Xenical on Sat and have lost a pound since then. I am limiting my meal fat allowance to 20g per meal (6g for breakie as i only have slim fast and a mocha) and 50g total for the day.
I have already seen the orange oil but it no other side effects. To be honest seeing that encourages me as i can see the tablets are obv working. To be frank i have no problem having ''orange poops'' if it means this weight comes off LOL
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
NEMMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

they way to look at it....
if you did it once, u can do it agen....
ok, its always going to be hard but at least u know it *IS* achievable....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #3  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Welcome! And of course you can do it again!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hi! I dont want to discourage you at all because clearly you can do this, you've done it before! But I'd really recommend doing it be reducing calories and not by supplements or anything like that. The slower you lose this weight the easier it's going to be to maintain in the long run.

Best of luck losing the weight though, and welcome to the board!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Just to claify to the above poster, Xenical does require you to follow a low-fat, reduced calorie diet. It is not a supplement but an approved prescription only drug which has been proven in clinical trials. Without the restricted diet it will not do anything other than make you sick with gastric distress.

Its not a quick fix but does prevent the absorption of a small proportion of the fat consumed (about 30%). On a low fat diet this is only about 130-150 calories a day but in conjunction with reduced calorie intake can produce quicker and/or more consistent weightloss. I've lost 63lbs in the last 11 months on it but its me that's done the hard work not the Xenical.

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 07-01-2008 at 11:50 AM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #6  

Hi Ladies and thanks for your welcomes
I have to be honest i was kinda worried about taking pills too but i figure better to go to the doctors and get proper care and advice rather than try all the crappy things you can buy over the counter.
It really is a last resort, i have tried losing on my own but like i said in my OP since i stopped smoking i've found it nigh on impossible to lose weight.
I am on a 1500 cal/no more than 50g of fat diet so its not like i am pigging out. Plus i am excercising 3 times a week. It's not like i'm not trying my hardest, i'm just hoping the xenical with give me the bump start i need.

Last edited by NEMMIE; 07-01-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMMIE View Post
I am on a 1500 cal/no more than 50g of fat diet so its not like i am pigging out. Plus i am excercising 3 times a week. It's not like i'm not trying my hardest, i'm just hoping the xenical with give me the bump start i need.
Sounds like your doing the right things to me. Stick with it and I'm sure you will see results.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:21 AM   #8  
Burning it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
Just to claify to the above poster, Xenical does require you to follow a low-fat, reduced calorie diet. It is not a supplement but an approved prescription only drug which has been proven in clinical trials. Without the restricted diet it will not do anything other than make you sick with gastric distress.

Kitty
Actually I was referring to slim fast "Maker of several meal replacement options to aid weight loss"
I have no concerns against any form of medication as I'm sure people have properly been medically advised.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #9  
Silver Surfer

Welcome, NEMMIE.

I think you might be a bit like me, I can drop the weight pretty good when I have some event coming up.

Or at least that's how it used to be.

Leading a more sedate lifestyle now and need to work at it a bit more these days.

Maybe you should plan some special event that will give you the incentive you need to lose the weight again.

Last edited by Etta; 07-02-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #10  

Thanks ladies.
Just had a very horrible moment.
I went upstairs to do a summer clear away in my wardrobeand a ton of my clothes did not fit. Some 16 trousers did not fit. I just stood there looking at myself in the mirror crying.
I'm so scared that these 2 stones willnot come off.
I feel like i try so hard, and it seems to get me no where.
I know i have only just started my Xenical and i need to give it time.
I really hate myself for letting these 40lbs get back on
Old 07-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #11  
Burning it away

Nemmie, I have gone through alot trying to lose 40lbs I've lost, gained, lost nearly hit my goal and then re gained it all. If theres anything I've learnt, it's that losing weight is a learning curve and you cannot let the blue get to you and keep you down. If you want this (and I can tell you do) then you will not give up and you WILL get there! You can do it, but you need to stay posative
Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 AM   #12  

Thanks Spoz for you kind inspiring words.
Unfortunately today i feel even worse.
It's my TOM and usually i feel bloated but never gain.
Well guess what, the pound i lost is back on and i am back up to 181 again.
SIGH i feel like i can't do anymore. I worked out every day this week so hard yet nothing. I don't know what to do, at a total loss.
The only thing i can think of is switch the gym for 3 x 1 hour aerobic classes to jolt my body and to take my calories down to 1000 a day. I really don't want to reduce my calories any more but i'm starting to think its the only way.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:27 AM   #13  
Burning it away

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMMIE View Post
Thanks Spoz for you kind inspiring words.
Unfortunately today i feel even worse.
It's my TOM and usually i feel bloated but never gain.
Well guess what, the pound i lost is back on and i am back up to 181 again.
SIGH i feel like i can't do anymore. I worked out every day this week so hard yet nothing. I don't know what to do, at a total loss.
The only thing i can think of is switch the gym for 3 x 1 hour aerobic classes to jolt my body and to take my calories down to 1000 a day. I really don't want to reduce my calories any more but i'm starting to think its the only way.
No. LEss than 1200 is going to make you gain weight. Weight loss is a long journey and the best way to go is slow and steady. Give it a few weeks, and stay to plan and I promise that you will see results!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #14  
Silver Surfer

NEMMIE,

You can do this. Just don't look for a result at the end of every session, give it time. Include a weigh-in goal, plan to weigh yourself in a few weeks rather than weekly. Pick a date like maybe three months away and aim to lose a certain amount by then. Use that as a goal. And one more important thing I learned and am now just putting back into practise, don't beat yourself up for slipping, just admit to yourself that you slipped and get right back on the horse. Don't wait till next Monday to start over, begin again right now.
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #15  

Hi again everyone!
Well things are still not going great. I've lost another 3 lbs, down to 178 now which i suppose is better than nothing.
I just wish i could get a consistant 2 lbs a week. I would be over the moon with that.
I switched to doing 3 cardio classes a week. 2 body conditioning and a body attack. In all 3 i sweat like you've never seen before. When i come out my hair is soaking! Sorry if TMI but thats how hard i work out.
The only thing thats keeping me going right now is my measurement. When i started (2nd June) I was
190lbs
Waist 38''
Belly Button 43''
Hips 45''

As of today that has all come down to
178lbs (-12lbs)
Waist 33'' (-5'')
Belly button ''38.5'' (-4.5'')
Hips 42 (-3'')

When i look at it in black and white it looks ok LOL.
Just hoping to get back into my size 14 jeans before my hols in Oct. I would be happy there. If i could reach 154lbs i would be ecsatic but the way i am going right now i'm not sure that can happen.
Thanks for reading

Last edited by NEMMIE; 07-18-2008 at 07:16 AM.