Old 06-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293.5/279.9/170

Default Keeping It Off

How long have you kept your weight loss off?
Are you in maintenance? Any tips? Are you still using supplements etc?
readytobefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #2  

Hi there. I have kept it off for 15 months. It's not always easy, though. It's actually harder than when I was on the green menu. However, because maintanance is such a critical part of the program, I have managed to do alright! I'm not weighing in anymore, just on my own. I don't take any supplements anymore either. I do take my flax, and vitamins, though. I still drink protein drinks 2 x a day. I get Aria women's protein at my supermarket. It has 80 cals, 1 gm of fat, 4 carbs, 2 gms of sugar, 14 gms of protein. It works for me! I still drink lots of water, never miss a meal, and eat overall very healthy. MRC has been the best and I am so thankful that I found it. I lost 60 lbs in 6 months and never looked back! My tip would be to just take it one meal at a time. Don't look too far ahead and don't worry about whats in the past. If you tackle one meal at a time, before you know it you will have successfully have made it through weeks and months of the program and look and feel great!
CRUISINANLOSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #3  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISINANLOSIN View Post
Hi there. I have kept it off for 15 months. It's not always easy, though. It's actually harder than when I was on the green menu. However, because maintanance is such a critical part of the program, I have managed to do alright! I'm not weighing in anymore, just on my own. I don't take any supplements anymore either. I do take my flax, and vitamins, though. I still drink protein drinks 2 x a day. I get Aria women's protein at my supermarket. It has 80 cals, 1 gm of fat, 4 carbs, 2 gms of sugar, 14 gms of protein. It works for me! I still drink lots of water, never miss a meal, and eat overall very healthy. MRC has been the best and I am so thankful that I found it. I lost 60 lbs in 6 months and never looked back! My tip would be to just take it one meal at a time. Don't look too far ahead and don't worry about whats in the past. If you tackle one meal at a time, before you know it you will have successfully have made it through weeks and months of the program and look and feel great!
Wow - congrats on keeping it off! Thanks for the tips as well. I'm somewhat of a newbie still (on day 18) and I've really been struggling this past week or so with sancking off plan - candy, sweets, cookies. I don't normally crave those things so much - I'm starting to feel like "whats the point?" But thanks for your "one meal at a time" tip - I'll start using it!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Wow - congrats on keeping it off! Thanks for the tips as well. I'm somewhat of a newbie still (on day 18) and I've really been struggling this past week or so with sancking off plan - candy, sweets, cookies. I don't normally crave those things so much - I'm starting to feel like "whats the point?" But thanks for your "one meal at a time" tip - I'll start using it!
Your welcome and thank you! It looks like your off to a great start already! Just keep at it. You WILL get there! When I crave sweets I drink a Crystal Light, or eat a 10 calorie sugar free jello. The jello's not on program, but it hasn't tripped me up. Yes, just get through one meal at a time.
CRUISINANLOSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #5  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISINANLOSIN View Post
I totally agree. I think keeping it off is harder than being on the green menu. I know I can do it though and like your suggestion of take it one meal at a time. Your 15 months of keeping it off is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #6  

I just joined here. I was just cruising to see if MRC finally has a website, which I am glad to know that they do, when I came across this forum & the section on MRC. I've found 3 fat chicks often, but I never knew there was a forum.

I have kept my weight off (for the most part) for four years on July 18. I've gone up and down by about 10 lbs. over those years. I'm currently back up at bit, well past that 10 lb. comfort zone, so I've started the program back up to get those back off and maybe a few more.

Started at 250/ ended 143/ current 165 (estimate). Will weigh on Monday.

Is there an intro thread anywhere?

Last edited by pbolton1; 07-12-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #7  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbolton1 View Post
I just joined here. I was just cruising to see if MRC finally has a website, which I am glad to know that they do, when I came across this forum & the section on MRC. I've found 3 fat chicks often, but I never knew there was a forum.

I have kept my weight off (for the most part) for four years on July 18. I've gone up and down by about 10 lbs. over those years. I'm currently back up at bit, well past that 10 lb. comfort zone, so I've started the program back up to get those back off and maybe a few more.

Started at 250/ ended 143/ current 165 (estimate). Will weigh on Monday.

Is there an intro thread anywhere?
Congrats on keeping so much weight off for so long! That is great. I just started maintenance this month. So far so good....but it's only been a few weeks. It is work but I am going to do it. Just go to Take 22 and jump right in. That is where everyone posts. We will be glad to have you and you will be welcomed with opened arms. Good luck getting the weight off!
ieduc8em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome. It took me a while to find it, but I finally figured out that 22 was the most recent discussion.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote