Old 06-30-2008, 12:07 AM   #1  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Default they don't have my size?!?!

I was shopping at walmart and I saw a shirt that was just way too cute to pass up and especially for TEN BUCKS!! I tried on the XL and it was a bit too big so I wanted to try on the Large... well guess what... it was in the plus size section and they DONT CARRY LARGE!! I felt like i was floating away... I have NEVER had this problem EVER!! It felt FANTASTIC!! Although i went home without the shirt a bit bummed but feeling great that i couldn't find my size in plus size section!!

Anyone else have this after losing weight?
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:50 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Well, not exactly, but I'm thrilled that none of my plus size clothes fit me anymore! Strangely, though, I'm too intimidated to shop in regular departments just yet. I keep saying "in five pounds, I'll get something," but I still chicken out. Anyway, congrats to you! What a major accomplishment!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:05 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i have the problem that size 12 is the most common in the uk, it seemss....
9 times outta 10 they are sold outta 12s....
no matter where u shop!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Strangely, though, I'm too intimidated to shop in regular departments just yet. I keep saying "in five pounds, I'll get something," but I still chicken out.
I just went shopping for the first time after losing 22 lbs. I had an irrational fear that even though I'd lost weight, somehow my size really hadn't changed and I was going to be heart broken. Turns out, I'd actually dropped two sizes and could buy size 6 jeans! Can't tell you how exciting that was for me. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, too. Even those dressing room mirrors were a lot less punishing!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3l5 View Post
i have the problem that size 12 is the most common in the uk, it seemss....
9 times outta 10 they are sold outta 12s....
no matter where u shop!....
UGH here too! I feel your pain ... I don't know if Us/Uk size 12 is the same but here its like size 8-12 are always GONE so everytime I find something its either HUGE or teenyweeny
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #6  
Flabulous

S/C/G: 230/218/160

Height: 5'9"

This happened to me when I lost a lot of weight a few years ago. I kept shopping at Lane Bryant even though I clearly was too small for their clothes. I would see things in the window that I liked, and then get disappointed that they were too big for me.

Now I can't wait to get out of that freakin' store.

Congrats on your loss.
LetsWorkItOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by net knee View Post
I was shopping at walmart and I saw a shirt that was just way too cute to pass up and especially for TEN BUCKS!! I tried on the XL and it was a bit too big so I wanted to try on the Large... well guess what... it was in the plus size section and they DONT CARRY LARGE!! I felt like i was floating away... I have NEVER had this problem EVER!! It felt FANTASTIC!! Although i went home without the shirt a bit bummed but feeling great that i couldn't find my size in plus size section!!

Anyone else have this after losing weight?

not yet, but I can't wait till I do have this "problem"
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I went shopping for a dress to wear to wedding, I automatically went to the large size department, the salesgirl informed me I was in the wrong department. YAHOO!!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

Yep, yep
Couple of weeks ago I took MIL shopping and while she was trying something on I was eyeballing this really cute, summery skirt when the sales lady came over and said "I'm sorry dear, this is the plus size department. I'm afraid we don't have anything that would be small enough to fit you." I nearly hugged her! She probably couldn't figure out why I was grinning like an idiot about not being able to buy the skirt I liked.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #10  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I think I have a curse when it comes to shopping. New York and Company is one of my favorite stores to shop at because they have petite pants which I so badly need (even though they are still a bit too long on me), plus I think they have reasonable prices on most stuff. I have been there probably 10+ times over the past year because I have gone from a size 18 to a size 4-6 and have needed some new clothes for each size I got smaller, so off I went to NY&Co. I think I am cursed because it seems no matter what size I am between an 18 and 4-6, if I found a pair of pants/shorts/skirt there that I really like, they don't have it in my current size! It's a little frustrating I must say. And (not that I'm complaining about having to buy small shirts) they never seem to have a size small in whatever shirt I want to buy.

I don't think shopping is ever going to be fun, no matter what size I am.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

the other day, out of habit, I walked straight to the plus size section at a clothing store. I was browsing and one of the workers came over and said "honey, I don't think you are going to find anything in this section. These will be too big for you". I was just tickled pink!! That felt great!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote