Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #1  

Default Thank you to everyone who shares their goal pics!!

I was just checking out goal/mini-goal thread, like I do whenever I need a little extra incentive.

I want to thank everyone who puts themselves out there and shares their pics -- especially the "before" pics -- which I would think are very emotional pics to look at for most.

I also noticed something -- many before pics show people in "comfy" clothes a lot of times. The after pics seem to show such an increase in confidence -- bigger smiles, awesome new clothes and quite often really cute new hair cuts -- I'm amazed at the increase in self-confidence you can pick up just from compariing two pics.

Thanks again for those of you who share your journey with the rest of us, you are so appreciated

Last edited by shelby897; 06-29-2008 at 10:02 AM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Agreed!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #3  
Meg

You're very welcome, Shelby, and it won't be long until your photos are here too. It's really is so fun to look at all the befores and afters!

You made two really perceptive comments, the first being how emotional it is to look at old pictures. You're so right and funny, it happened to me again this week because I was sorting through old photos to be scanned. I get tears in my eyes when I look at the old me and all those awful feelings of sadness and despair sweep over me like it was yesterday. I was so miserable being trapped in my body but just didn't see any way out. I had tried and failed at weight loss SO many times and it just didn't seem possible. And the old pictures put me right back in those emotions.

However, if ever there's a reason to hang on and try one last time, I'm it!!

Your second comment about clothes and self-confidence is right on the money too. A lot of us just try to be invisible when we're bigger and it's so liberating to leave all the weight and baggage and be free to be yourself. Instead of worrying about being noticed because I was the biggest one in a room or a group, wow, now I don't mind being noticed because it's for the right reasons! And the clothes ... all I can say is that it's absolutely embarrassing how many clothes I have now.

Can't wait for your photos, Shelby! You too, Twynn, you're really close!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Those before and after photos are what really keep me going during the rough patches.
I know that all of these wonderful maintainers have been through the same struggles that I am going through, and they somehow got past it. So I know I can do it!

Last edited by fiberlover; 06-29-2008 at 10:43 AM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks for showing that you care that we put our pic's out there for everyone to see. My before pic reminds me of a very painful and sick time in my life. After reading this thread I went back and viewed my pic's. That little stab still occurs when I remember the person I used to be.

With wt. loss I definitely gained some self-confidence. It helped showed me that I could conquer my demons. That my challenges are not insurmountable.

We look forward to seeing your goal pic's too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #6  
Dog Lover

S/C/G: 69kg/89kg/84kg/69kg

Height: 180 cm

I second what Shelby said! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! I'm new here, and just looking at all your before and after pics gave me such an inspirational boost today, it's unbelievable! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Alpinkatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/265/180

Height: 5'8"

Shelby, you are so right! The before and after pics help me realize others have done it so can I!
sgibson1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

LOL - you are so right Shelby.
I spent the morning putting together my picture collage in anticipation of these last .2 leaving my body soon. I had tears in my eyes trying to pick my before pictures. There weren't very many to choose from since I avoided having my picture taken at all costs.

And Meg is so right as well, I have become an absolute clothes horse. It is like I am making up for lost time

You will reach your goal! Just take it a day at a time, and if they day gets tough, minute by minute works too!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote