WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 09:38 AM   #1  

Default Questions about WW

Hello

I had joined WW 2 summers ago and can't afford it at this time. A friend and I have decided to start this program at home together.

I have a few questions about what has changed.

1~What are the point rages for 150 to 174 pds

I have 20-27 and I was told it has changed.

2~ I was also wondering if the entire program has changed at all....I know you have to count how many fruits and veggies you eat and so on.

If anyone can help we would appreciate it so much and thank you.

Kim and Dee
Old 03-20-2002, 09:48 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

less than 150: 18-23 Points
150-174: 20-25 Points
175-199: 22-27 Points
200-224: 24-29 Points
225-249: 26-31 Points
250-274: 28-33 Points
275-299: 29-34 Points
300-324: 30-35 Points
325-349: 31-36 Points
more than 350: 32-37 Points

With Winning Points the high end was dropped by 2 points however you now can add all the activity points.

The fiber is also capped at what you can count. Say something has 6 grams of fiber well you can only count 4 of those grams for figuring points.

Onions, carrots and a few other veggies are now 1 point per cup (however I didn't get fat eating veggies so I still don't count them unless I over indulge). Fruit has always been counted.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:59 AM   #3  

Thanks Kel

I am excited about doing this. Currently I am in Ontario and in 2 months I am moving to Alberta.

Dee is living with me for the 2 months. You see our boyfriends left this mornign and are going to start working there and we won't see them for 2 months and we want to see if we can lose some weight and get makeovers before we see them again.

Until later....

Kim and Dee
Old 03-20-2002, 11:18 AM   #4  

I have been doing some reading in this forum and I see that WW has really changed.

If someone could help again it would be greatly appreciated.

We plan on doing some exercising. Defienetly walking. At least 40 minutes when we do and that would be an almost brisk walk. Eventually we want to start running, recently I was doing some running and I would run for at least 20 minutes.

Also we are going to do 10-15 minutes of stretching and 20-40 minutes of dancing at home.

If anyone can tell me how this works with the POINT BOOSTER program I would be the happiest dieter ever.....

Thanks again

KIM and DEE
Old 03-20-2002, 11:42 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Do you have a points booster? If not you really need to get one as it is the only 'true' way to get your activity points. I don't have an extra one sorry.

It is based on your current weight/intensity of activity/length of activity. The way I've been told to judge the intensity is

low - you can sing and carry on a conversation
medium - you cannot sing but still talk
high - you need to gasp for breath to carry on any talking

There is a general way to count points and that is 1 point for every 20 minutes of activity. This is a very old way but it does help a bit. Not as accurate as the point finder but ok to use.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:57 PM   #6  

A while back I downloaded a program on the internet that had a POINTS BOOSTER.......It was the neatest program.

I have since had my comp cleaned out and I wasn't able to save it......does anyone know about this program.
I remember it was a man that designed it.

Kim and Dee
Old 03-26-2002, 12:59 PM   #7  

I FOUND THE SHEET I WAS LOOKING FOR
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited......anyone want a great Excel sheet to work with here is the URL....it's the first one on the screen that you want to download.

I saved a few others and I will be starting it Thursday. New weigh in day for me too...I am meeting with a trainer that day.

Let me know if you have any problems with it and if you like it!!!

Because I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Closed Thread