General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:12 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default SAFETY ALERT..30 Million Faulty Tire Valve Stems

I just watched a 'special report' on the local news. There are 30 million faulty tire stem valves on our tires.... Its the rubber tube/stem you use to put air in the tires... The report said that tires with the 'faulty valves' can cause a blow out... I automatically thought it would just cause a slow leak, but that's not the case...
Here is a link (from my local area) with pics. http://www.thebostonchannel.com/inve...94/detail.html

The valves were imported from China and can be on ALL/ANY Tires... I checked mine and had 1 bad one out of 4, it was on a fairly new tire, and the tire dealer replaced the valve no charge. My neighbor was checking his at the same time and had 2 bad out of 4... be safe... check them...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Thank you for sharing this.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Yes, thank you SweetCaroline for posting this.

Here's another article on the subject from Consumers Reports http://blogs.consumerreports.org/saf...alve-stem.html
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote