Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default looking for WW friends

Hello everyone. I am a WW member who joined in January 2001 and lost 35 lbs and got to lifetime in August of 2001. But I find now that losing the weight was alot easier then the maintaining. I find now I have lost my motivation and don't know how to get it back. I find at our meetings there isn't as much support once your goal is reached. I have gained five pounds back and know it has to stop at that. How do you keep motivated. I like reading all your threads and find that helps. I find it is like and extra meeting. And its nice to talk to people who have the same challenges.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #2  

First of all, congratulations on your loss. Losing weight takes great determination and commitment.

Maintenance also requires commitment, but maybe not as great an effort as you would think. I lost 25 lbs. over two years ago, and I'll tell you what works for me.

First of all, the group of people who keep coming back to this thread week after week. You're right - it is like an extra meeting. Some weeks, it's my only meeting.

Knowing that other people have lost weight, are keeping it off and managing to live a normal life, complete with treats, dinners out, holiday celebrations etc., helps me to keep things in perspective. All of these things are a normal part of life; it's when you treat every day like a celebration that the trouble starts.

The other thing that I am doing differently this time is getting regular exercise. It took me a long time to find something that I like, but once I did, I haven't looked back.

You're certainly welcome to join our rag-tag fleet as we manoeuvre through the mine fields of maintenance. The more, the merrier!!
Closed Thread