Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat 6/23-6/29

Hope everyone is having a good Monday morning.

So I am trying to figure out my eating plan for the weekend. It's my boyfriend's birthday, which basically means a weekend full of eating and drinking. On Friday I am taking him to Fogo de Chao: I'm thinking 350 calories worth of meat and 150 calories for salad bar. Is that enough to budget? Not sure what we are doing on his actual birthday on Saturday, but I know I need to save up lots of calories for alcohol OY! Sunday is dinner with the parents, not sure where yet. It's hard to know how many calories to save for all of these big events.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #2  
I will do this.

[BCookie[/B] My advice to you is not to worry so much and get a good workout in each day you know you are gonna consume more calories than usual and drink a lot of water! And enjoy yourself!!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
This might be a doable amount... if you're not much of a meat eater. I've only been there for business lunches, but man, do those servers with the spits of meat hover around. It's always pretty much a wasted experience for me, I'm not too big on meat. Even the chicken they had was wrapped in bacon.

The side dishes can be a bit dangerous, too, warm cheese bread, fried bananas, crispy polenta and mashed potatoes.

I think Taylor86 gave some great advice, get in some good workouts and don't worry about it too much. Remember, a single meal isn't going to destroy all your hardwork.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

George Carlin died last evening.
I just saw him a few weeks ago.....
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #5  
Living the Laguna life...

Cookie,
I would stick to the salad bar - it's REALLY good! And they have good meats and cheeses for protein. It's also waaay cheaper to just do salad bar. Then you can have a little of the sides to share, and it's not too much damage! My coworkers used to always tease me because I would go to Fogo just for the salad bar!!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #6  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hi again ladies
i'm here this is my last week at curves and its not gonna be a fun one TOM came the morning of my daughters birthday yesterday.
i think i finally went back under 170 again only to spend yesterday miserable and pigging out on cake and ice cream.
come friday i will have numbers to share to see if working out 3x a week for 4 weeks and trying to eat sensible was worth it.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #7  
I will do this.

Got a workout in again today. The eliptical still had my legs sore from last time (but I did go faster 5.3 and level 2!) so I only got 20 minutes in on it and finished my last 10 on the bike. I can't wait until I can do my hardcore cardio for more than 30 minutes but right now at 30 I am covered in sweat and ready to take a shower. I do get an hour in with the trainer twice a week but I can do weights longer than cardio.

My eating these last few days have been great. Today is day 4 with lower sodium in my diet and doing well.

My dad is having a bbq on thursday and he is making ribs...my favorite but I am going to bring chicken breast and a few shrimp for him to bbq for me because I know that's a better choice - plus that means I can have a glass or 2 of wine!
Old 06-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #8  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, i hope everyone have a good start for a good week.

i've been on my treadmil for 5 days. The 1st 3 day were so fine, and i enjoy walking/jogging. But now the problem appears. I've always have weak knees and ankles, and after 5 days of walking in the treadmil (not very long, normally i'll walk about 30 minutes, when i'm on the mood, maybe 45 minutes, but that's about it), they start to hurt so badly. After sitting 1-2 hours, knees and ankles will be ok, but as soon as i start to stand up and walk, the whole hip, knee, ankle just start to ache like crazy I hope this is just the pain that everyone gets when they start a new exercise.

from eating healthier food, i think my stomach is becoming unaccept for unhealthy food. Like, i can eat 2 big bowls of veggies but when it's oily food or a hamburger, it's hard to finish one. Today, I had a serving of an oily ramen (not instant, chinese style) but i can't finish it, and i felt full the rest of my day (which is a terrible feeling with the stomach just feel so full). So, lesson learnt. Won't go there and eat that stuff again.

Anyways, have fun everyone my 1st time join a weekly chat and i complain already

Last edited by Annita; 06-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #9  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies! Hope your Mondays are going well! Mine's great, I'm out of work for the summer (I work in a Middle School) so my days are spent hanging out with my little ones and they are both napping right now...so I have a moment of peace.

I went to a nearby produce stand today and got some fresh tomatoes, cukes, sweet potatoes, squash, a cantaloupe, and a watermelon... I also wanted plums, fresh peppers, and fresh green beans but I figured I had spent enough already. I've decided that next year I MUST have a garden...this stuff beats the heck out of the produce I've been getting at the grocery store! I wonder, is it too late to start a small garden??
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #10  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Unhappy I'm a 20-something newb

Hey chicks! I just joined yesterday, and I'm finding this place to be very motivational. I've been struggling with my weight for about 4 years now and I've slowly got myself to almost 100 pounds over weight. I've tried countless times to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan but I can only seem to do it for 2 months. I go into it all hardcore and I do really good, but then I think I burn out after 2 months and want to quit because I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted to. Then I go through a couple months worth of bingeing until I feel guilty and motivated enough to try again. It's like a vicious circle only each time I gain back even more than I lost and I'm getting scared. But even THAT doesn't seem to be enough motivation for me to stick with it. Even now, I'm thinking of excuses to not go to the gym....I'm afraid that my "aha" moment will never come and I'll just keep gaining more and more weight....I just dunno what to do.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

So, yea...I feel like a big loser for not being here in months. LOL! My life pretty much went crazy after my husband left. He is now scheduled for leave in September, so thats exciting. It also means that I've got to crack down on my weightloss. I'm down a lot but I still have about 30lbs I'd like to get rid of. Even if it's not completely gone by the time he comes home in Sept. I still have 6 months after that to work on it as well. Any ideas for jumpstarting my fitness and diet again???
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #12  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Hello ladies
Hope you are all having a great Monday so far. I took a break over the weekend with workout, started again today. It feels so good to push myself and sweat...and I'm going to really stick to it now...since I have been taking kind of break. (used to do at least 45 minutes daily but since starting 30-day Shred, only have been doing 30 minute daily. I'm going to add the 30 minute on top of what I've been doing, not taking away what I've been doing.

As far as eating goes, I've been paying way much attention to fruit and veggies and I can def tell..since my BM is way more consistent.

I also lost 3 lbs since last Monday and I'm finally within Overweight range with BMI, not Obese anymore! Yay! =)
Also, I reached 180's!

I will be back on later...and check in.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 06-23-2008 at 03:32 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #13  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
Hey chicks! I just joined yesterday, and I'm finding this place to be very motivational. I've been struggling with my weight for about 4 years now and I've slowly got myself to almost 100 pounds over weight. I've tried countless times to stick to a healthy eating and exercise plan but I can only seem to do it for 2 months. I go into it all hardcore and I do really good, but then I think I burn out after 2 months and want to quit because I didn't lose as much weight as I wanted to. Then I go through a couple months worth of bingeing until I feel guilty and motivated enough to try again. It's like a vicious circle only each time I gain back even more than I lost and I'm getting scared. But even THAT doesn't seem to be enough motivation for me to stick with it. Even now, I'm thinking of excuses to not go to the gym....I'm afraid that my "aha" moment will never come and I'll just keep gaining more and more weight....I just dunno what to do.
I've been on here for almost 3 months and it really is a great place. When I'm feeling down, the ladies help me out to move on, and when I'm seeing loss, they are there to celebrate with me, too. I also get a lot of helpful advice. I used to be like you, do it all hardcore and then burn out after 2 months and get back to what I used to be... What you need to remember is that this is not a "diet" but a life style change. If you remember that and stick with the changes, you will see the weight change and the body get more fit...and healthier as time goes by. Look at the long term, not short term, which will result in what's been happening. Good luck and

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewChristy View Post
I've decided that next year I MUST have a garden...this stuff beats the heck out of the produce I've been getting at the grocery store! I wonder, is it too late to start a small garden??
I went to a farmers market over the weekend and decided that next place I move into must have a yard so i can have a garden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post

My eating these last few days have been great. Today is day 4 with lower sodium in my diet and doing well.
That's great, Taylor! I have problem with sodium in-take too...although I've been trying to watch it by eating lots of whole food lately, like fruits and veggies. I can really tell the difference in how my body is feeling, though. It looks like you are doing great with both eating and exercising! Yay!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #14  
I will do this.

Tara Way to go with the weight loss! You are doing so well! And thanks for the encouragement - it really means a lot! (That does for all of you out there, too! )
Old 06-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #15  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragettingthin View Post
I also lost 3 lbs since last Monday and I'm finally within Overweight range with BMI, not Obese anymore! Yay! =)
That is so fabulous!!! I can't wait to reach that point...you go girl!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote