Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 AM   #1  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Question Dress help!!

OKay so its been about 2 years since I've bought a dress..and I cannot remember how the sizes work. I found this really cute dress from Lane Bryant (I'm looking online..no way to get to the store.). And I wear a size 14 in pants..should I go by that?? They have a dress in a 14/16. I'm so confused!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 06-23-2008 at 05:36 AM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I would say it depends how you are proportioned and the style of the dress. If you've an hourglass figure (bust and hips fairly evenly balanced) then a dress the same size as your pants will work. If you'r larger on top then you may need a bigger size, if you're larger through the hips/thighs then you might find a smaller size fits better providing its not figure hugging.

You could order a couple of sizes and see what fits best and return the other one.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

I stumbled on this great (but dangerous) website called myshape - you feed in your measurements (and they are DETAILED like waist to floor, shoulders, etc) and they pick the style and then the size for the item you select and are amazingly accurate. Free shipping and returns. I've been very happy with what I've got from them, especially when I used the detailed measurements and requested a loose fit...
But, beware, it can be addictive - they make it so easy. Also, you can send a wish list to a friend who can order for you WITHOUT SEEING YOUR SIZE (which I really liked).
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 PM   #4  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I've looked at that Myshape site too and it looks great. I haven't gotten up the energy to take all my measurements, so luckily I'm not able to spend anything there yet. Hehe.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Height: 5'5"

I've found that Lane Bryant sizes are slightly bigger than "regular" store sizes. I wore a 16 from most department store brands, but a LB size 14 was slightly large....

Sorry, probably doesn't help much, does it?
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi BoiseShan,

I just want to let you know I wrote you a private message in case you never check your inbox.

Mamaspank
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Doesn't Lane Bryant have a size chart???
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Please check the size chart..but if your pretty broad shouldered or "hippy" than you may want to go 1 size up just in case. I love the idea of getting 2-3 and returning the ones that dont fit it that is an option.
I tend to be broad shouldered so I usually have to go UP 1 size in a 1 piece outfit than have it belted or altered since my waist is pretty small in comparison.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote