Old 06-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/125

Height: 5'2

Default For meowee

Hi!

I took 500 mg of metformin because I have PCOS but she said that wasn't doing anything so she put me on 100 units of Lantus and humalog. When I was pregnant I had gestational and now this... My A1C came back at 10.5. I have to start being faithful to the insulin becasue my right leg is killing me and I am wondering if it is the diabetes. I hate having to take the insulin... My blood levels have been as high as 308.

I am so frustrated!!!!
jbugs73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey there,
I'm not Meowee, but I just wanted to send you some support. My DH has been fully insulin dependent for over 30 years (he is type 1). Are you seeing an endocrinologist? Please do whatever they tell you that you need to do in an attempt to regulate your diabetes without insulin. It's a very challenging disease, and I hope you can find a good doc or nutritionist who can help you.

Hang in there!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Here I am . . . wow that is quite an insulin dose . . . but hopefully it can be dropped down as the BGL levels drop.

BUT . . . you really have to get your act together and stick to both the insulin plan and the eating plan. Try to mke sure that you keep your carb load balanced as evenly as possible throughout the day.

Just about the best advice I can give you is to try to calm down and just accept the pin-cushion effect for a little while -- unfortunately stress and frustration are really likely to result in high BGL.

We are all here for you, Chickie . . . stay strong . . . it's not a fun disease, but it is controllable and things will look brighter again -- hopefully soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote