Old 06-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default Help!

Note: This maybe TMI for some of you

Ok, so my mom passed away and my only aunt 6 hours away and I don't have any close friends that are girls - except for you all. And I have a question.

Yesterday I discovered a little "pimple" under my left breast so I put some medicine on it but it didn't go away. Today I looked at it and it is large, red and hard with redness around it - I washed the area with soap.

I don't have a sports bra so I workout with a regular bra on with an underwire so I am thinking it maybe a clogged oil gland? (I know, I will get a sports bra)

It is really painful and I don't know what it is.

Any suggestions?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I don't know for sure and I'm definitely not a doctor, but it sounds kind of like boil. They are like nasty uber-pimples. I know they say not to pop pimples or the like, but I've had a couple boils before and had to pop them because they hurt so badly. If it doesn't get better in a few days, maybe you should see a dermatologist or a doctor?
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #3  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Taylor-first, don't worry. It's probably something along the line of a pimple or small boil. You can get those when you sweat and there's moisture and little air. Just make an appointment with your doctor because you may have to go on antibiotic if it's badly infected. Try putting warm compresses on it to see if it draws anything out. Don't wait to call the doctor, infections are not something to fool around with. Hope you feel better soon!
chris313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #4  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

That sounds like a boil, and I had a boil last month that turned into an abscess, and it was basically the grossest thing ever. I would go to the doctor just in case. Mine was on my lower back and hurt a lot too, but a couple days after they put me on antibiotics, it finally drained, and it felt so much better. Warm compresses too, like Chris said, are a good idea.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I agree with other ladies. Go talk to the doctor as soon as possible. I haven't had that around my breast. But since Jessica mentioned abscess... (WARNING: TMI COMING) I had an abscess on my butt almost close to the private area. (I swear I keep it clean, though!) It was just small at first then it was getting bigger and bigger. I didn't go to doctor soon and the "surgery" was so painful.
Hopefully you won't have to go through this...
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #6  
I will do this.

I am going to the dr tomorrow to see whats up. I still stuck to my workout and put some padding and a band-aid on it and washed it with soap afterwards. So we shall see tomorrow!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Taylor sorry to hear about that. As everyone said it is probable a boil or an ingrown hair. Nothing to freak about. Let us know how the doctor goes.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #8  
I will do this.

I went to the dr today and I have bacterial skin infection. He drained it (YUCK) and I was put on antibiotic for a week.