Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Smile Back In Kindergarten #48

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-21-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Some of the last few post from thread #47

Mindee
popping back in to see how every one is doing....

we had some rain earlier but that was it. now that the weekend is coming the weather is suppose to get a little warmer. tommy has to work on Saturday, and money is tight, so who knows what we will be doing!

tommy's cousin's son, who was diagnosed with cancer last August, is the honorary hero for a Harley Davidson Good Friday

Sassy
Morning All!!!

I got some sleep and feel better. I think it was lack of sleep making me feel that way............

So I haven't gotten much accomplished. Aw well. There is always today and tomorrow!!! Not much to say.............lol. Can ya believe that one? lol.

Hi Jules........ Bye Jules.........lol.

Suzy Q -- Ya that Thursday Girl is WAY too darn happy! lol. Don't ya just love my kitty cat for Friday? lol. So if I get huffy will you buy me subway? Sorry........had too. Your too nice cuz my mom would be like, "get over it and get in the kitchen." lol!!! Ok see your other post now. ha ha......Adkins eh? hmmmmm.........lol. I dunno but something about bacon that I just cannot resist. lol. I know its WAY bad for me but I still want it! lol. Kinda like that bad boy in leather that rides that motorcycle.........oh wait......thats my hubby! lmao!!! OMG!! Its MC Hammer! "Can't Touch This...." lol. Okay.......sorry.......guess too MUCH sleep!!! lmao!!! I love cottage cheese. Only the way I like it is fattening so I may as well not even eat it! I like it with some ranch dressing and bacon bits. I know there is the bacon again! lol. I think I need to go to bacon anonymous or something! lmao! UGH a 3rd post?! What r ya turning into me now? lmao! Just kiddin'!

Mindee -- hope you had a good time with the in-laws.........That is nice about them honoring Tommy's cousin.........

Cristina -- We didn't get anymore storms, yet anyways. They called for them on Wed. but we never got anything. Its been nice here lately. The highest its been is in the low 70's and at night it is in the 60's and sometimes in the high 50's! I so wish it'd stay this way! I love having the windows open! Even though DH insists on having the air on when he sleeps! I just close the vents out in the living room and open the windows up. lol. Hope the yard sale goes well!

Hi Sue! Glad your alive! Big

Have a Great Day all, remember its Friday!

Man re-reading this post sounds like I have a very bad case of ADHD!!! lol. (No offense to anybody who has it though, honest!!!)

Okay I went to this website and took a quiz, just seeing if I could possibly have Adult ADHD and here are my results:

Results of your
Attention Deficit Disorder Quiz

You scored a total of 91

It is highly likely that you are presently suffering from adult attention deficit disorder, according to your responses on this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately. < --- I always knew that part. lol.

S C O R I N G K E Y
If you scored...
You may have...
70 & up
50 - 69
35 - 49
25 - 34
0 - 24 Adult ADHD

My DH always has said he thinks I have something like this.........hmmmmmmm...... Okay just wanted to say that I am only making fun of myself here and nobody else.

Katy
Good morning!

Sassy- I've been entertaining myself on that Psychcentral site you shared..very interesting stuff. I scored 21 on the adhd one...then I took the Dr. Phil Personality Quiz and this is what it said:

The Lively Center of Attention

Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

Isn't that sweet? I skipped by the "Do you need therapy" quiz, lol! i also bypassed the "Lust, Love, or Loser" quiz...I just don't wanna know! Let me live in ignorance!

Sue - Hope everything is okay...sounded like you were having some health issues, know that you are being thought of and hang in there!

Mindee -hope you get to see the bikes. We are doing lots on the cheap this summer, so I hear you about the money being tight. Today we go to the zoo, 'cause we renewed the membership there. We may be going there quite a bit! 'Course there's nothing wrong with a day at the park either and that will be happening alot for us this summer as well.

Well, my DD is whining about wanting breakfast or something like that...so I'll have to continue the indies later. I made it to step aerobics this morning and it showed up as 1.20 miles on my pedometer which was about 4500 steps. I'm still getting the hang of the new gizmo. Today's mile should be pretty good as we are going to the zoo.
Ciao!

Francie –

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week went by fast..yay!! Still in the double digits though. (Whenever I say the word digits..it always makes me think of Clueless "Aw Cher he's getting her digits")

I'm having a major allergy attack and theres no meds so I'm suffering horribly bad right now. I'm gonna have to search the suitcases right now. I always keep meds in my suitcase (for when I travel, lol).

Last night I dreamed about werewolves and vampires, lol. I think I'm spending too much time reading those books, LOL!!!

Okay ya..Hope you all have a good friday!!!

Sue
Katy-If 4500 steps equal 1.2 miles I have been seriously mis-counting my steps. I thought 2000= 1 mile, therefore 4000= 2 miles, etc. Now I am confused. Thanks for the well wishes. I am still awaiting a call about my biopsy and I will keep you posted.

Be back later...

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-20-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

*sigh, I hope that helps. I hope I didn't screw up trying to seperate the post and all. I am exhausted and in need of a Payday candy bar from all the stress!

I woke up and did 2 loads of laundry and started weeding. It is basically done now. I do need to go and pick up a pile of branches and do some fine tuning but it looks so much cleaner.

Be back later to chat I have some kids who are not amused w/ my yard work and want to do something that involves $$$$. lol
Old 06-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Just back for a second, this day is crazy. I am glad tomorrow is Saturday! Had a chicken salad for lunch for a change, along w/ some lowfat cottage cheese. Managed to get 2 miles in, it was suppose to be 80 today but doesn't feel like it.
anyway - what are your plans for the weekend?? Chat later when I have more time.
Hope you ladies are having a great Friday!
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #5  
RosieKate

Howdy! Back for a bit...
Sue- I thought the same thing, but I double-checked my calibrations. Right now it says 10,811 steps and 2.90 miles. I put in a 17" stride..so the math works out. I'll play around with it some more, I may need to put in a longer stride. It does seem like it should be more miles. ETA: duh - a longer stride would mean fewer steps in a mile...silly me. I guess that everyone's stride is going to be a different length, so it stands to reason that 10000 steps will mean different mileage.

Susan- Hey I worked in my yard, too. I like to get out there and mess around..it's very satisfying work. So far I am resisting the call to spend $$. DS really wants to go to Hollywood Video and rent some games, but I said NO.

Francie - sorry about the allergy attack, hope you find your meds soon. Our weather here is gorgeous also..finally! The zoo was packed.

HI Cristina, Sassy, Mindee, Clara, Tammy, Jules....hope I'm not forgetting anyone...

Cheers

Last edited by RosieKate; 06-20-2008 at 07:30 PM.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Girlies!

SUSAN...I too love working in the yard! It's good exercise and I hate being couped up all day...sometimes I just gotta get out of the house. 80 degrees hot..WHAT?! Without the humidity here 80's is perfect! It was 84 today and really nice, nice day for the yard sale. Hanging baskets are a great way to dress up the place. I wish I could do some here but with this wind...who knows where they would end up.

FRANCIE...hoping you are feeling better. Hey, it's a day closer to Fonzo coming home!

SASSY...the 70's would be so nice...I'm just glad we finally had a day without any rain.

HIYA SUE, KATY, MINDEE, CLARA, JULES & TAMMY!

Yard sale went well today and going to do it again tomorrow for a few hours. Not sure how long...I don't want to do it another day but V does.

Chase is here for the weekend so going to be a pretty boring weekend...as usual, lol. Nothing special planned. Will try to take him to the pool and fishing at the pond over here, oh and to see a movie tomorrow. Try to keep him occupied for a little while. His momma let him bring the video games but I don't want hime sitting in front of the tv the whole weekend.

Thank you Susan...I am aiming for 100 miles this month. Not sure if I will make it but I am trying. WTG on your walk(s)! You are doing great as well! Sounds like everyone is.

Well, I better get going, left V upstairs with Chase...he's watching the Bee Movie for the 100th time...not sure why he likes it so much. Once or twice is more than enough for me!

Chat tomorrow...take care ladies, have a great evening!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #7  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

like usual, I am popping in here......

I am about to sit down and cuddle with Brandon whenever he comes inside with daddy.

I just wanted to jump in and say that I got a pedometer in the mail, and on it, it says that 875 steps = 1/4 mile, 1750 steps = 1/2 mile, and 3500 steps = 1 mile. But I think it also depends on your stride as well.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Katy- I am not trying to confuse you...I am already confused, but after checking online (several walking sites) I still find most say 10,000 steps is approx. 5 miles. They also say most strides are between 2 ft. and 3 ft. I would hate for you to be under counting your mileage. My ped. only counts steps and I have been converting to miles using the 5 mile figure. But, I also have the added benefit of markers every 1/3 mile in our area. So I do use those markers when I walk the neighborhood and the ped. for other steps. Confused yet? haha...
Anyway, all this is just to say, you might want to check your stride setting again. 17 seems low. Mine is 26 and I am 5'5".

Last edited by suetalks; 06-20-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

my stride is 30 inches, an I am 5'4
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola Chicks!

OMG!!! "When the Children Cry" by White Lion is on Totally 80's!!! Awesome!!! I love this song!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Good Saturday morning. I took a bike ride this morning and managed 2 miles before I needed my coffee. Hope to do more this evening when it cools off.
I have to re-boot my efforts here for weight loss and good health. My blood pressure has gone way up the past month or so. Not hard to understand, but I need to get a grip on it quickly.
Checking in here every day will help, so "Honey's, I'm home!"

bbl......
Old 06-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Hi gals.

Ok - the math geek has been turned on...(get your mind out of the gutter!)

I checked the number's that came with Mindee's pedo against mine and they are pretty close. With my stride, 3500 steps is about .93 mile, so it's close. I'm going to go for my 3 mile loop sometime this week with it on and see what it says. If it's wonky, I'll change to a longer stride and just look at miles.

Here's my calcs: ( Math phobics shut your eyes now)

17" stride= 17x10000/63360 ( inches in a mile) = 2.68 miles
20" stride= 3.15 miles
26"Stride= 4.10 miles

I'm surprised by how much it varies!

I think that when we walk for exercise on a fairly flat surface, our strides are naturally longer, but they are shorter for everyday walking, so I think the stride I'm using is sadly pretty accurate if I am counting for the whole day, which usually includes a trip to the gym and lots of walking around the house. The good news is I reach 10000 steps alot faster than I thought and my goal was to get in 10000 steps a day. The bad news is that 300 miles by Labor day will be even more of a challenge...but maybe I can do it, I have a great neighborhood to walk around in. It's all good, right?

( math geek turned off) Thank you for indulging me in my little fit of mathness.

Last edited by RosieKate; 06-21-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #13  
RosieKate

Just an aside..hope the math stuff doesn't offend, I was crunching numbers for my own amusement more than anything else..not trying to monitor anyone else's miles or imply anyone needs to change anything at all. We're all kicking a$$...just the way it should be! I think everyone is doing great!

Old 06-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Wow...I am also surprised at how much the numbers vary. I am also going to check my ped. against our markers in the neighborhood. And I do agree that the steps while just around the house would not be the stride one uses while on a walk. Geeze...so much to consider, my head might explode. LOL...
Now, here is another thing...the ped. I bought is a step only and it says it "has an automatic Sensitivity Adjuster that compensates for the different walking and jogging styles." (their quote) So...I think I am safe even when I switch from around the house to actually taking a walk.

I found some neat sites to read about walking...I just googled "10,000 steps".....cool.

And Katy...Takes one heck of a lot to offend me. And that was not offensive at all. I like new knowledge!! Thanks.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

I hate math, I feel extreme anxiety reading post this morning. lol jk.
My stride was/is 2.5. I guess, I still haven't used the pedometer. Seems easier to just walk and afterwards get in the car and measure the distance. lol

I do have a question though Katy! Do you think a loop around the park is 1/4 miles?? Not including the woods area , just from the playground over to the dog park and on the back meadow part? Someone in the community center told me it was 1/4 mile - just curious if you used the pedometer on it.

Cristina - I think hanging baskets are out, unless I make em up myself, I saw they were $25 each at the store and I want at least 3 or 4 in front. Usually things die on me anyway. So, I think for color I will put up a clothes line and hang my undies out there. lol ...jk. You KNOW I have had coffee.....enjoy yoru time w/ Chase. VERY sweet of you to take the kids and give Char a break. 80 is hot to me. I remember stepping outside in Little Rock last Oct and it was terrible, humid. I could have died....lol

Sue - Sorry about the high blood pressure!

Katy - No is a thought. lol Even Gab has picked up the whining to get her way. It is my own fault. Today Beck wants to do something and my idea is to tinker outside but she won't want to do that.

Mindee
- Hey missy, what are you and the kids doing today??

Sassy - Cute avatar of the dog!

Francie - Thought of you last night as I gave my cat a bath. He was dang lazy and wasn't cleaning himself and he was a walking dust ball so I went out and bought shampoo for him. As soon as Gab was asleep I tossed him in the sink and he had a fit. Good thing his front paws are declawed, poor thing. He has forgiven me this morning and he looks so nice and fluffy! lol

to Jules, Clara, and Tammy!!

I better get. Gab is gone til tomorrow w/ her father and I have to go entertain a 15 year old now. I am having full swing TOM and I just want to go hide and do something for myself!!!!! *wah...chat later .

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-21-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Closed Thread