Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up 100lb Club Chat: June 16-22

What's going on in your corner of the world? Please come chat with us.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

Yeah, I know the chat is a little late as we're already on the 19th!

How is everyone?

I have some exciting news...I'm going back to school! I've wanted to do this for years, but it never seemed liked the right time financially or logistically. Well, after discussions with Hubby, we have agreed that now is the time. I've been taking some personality/career inventory tests and I'm seriously considering pursing my teaching degree. I'd like to teach High School science. I know I have a long road ahead of me as I must still work full time and attend school part-time, but I'm terribly excited!

Hope everyone is having great day.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Rhonda,

That is wonderful news! I am so happy to hear it, when do you start?
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda! That's exciting! Congratulations!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #5  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post

I have some exciting news...I'm going back to school! I've wanted to do this for years, but it never seemed liked the right time financially or logistically. Well, after discussions with Hubby, we have agreed that now is the time. I've been taking some personality/career inventory tests and I'm seriously considering pursing my teaching degree. I'd like to teach High School science. I know I have a long road ahead of me as I must still work full time and attend school part-time, but I'm terribly excited!

Wow! That is exciting news! and very timely. I have though about that many times but never had the nerve. With todays economy...never know when you might need to update the old resume. Congratulations on taking care of you!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I think it's great that you will be going back to school and pursuing a dream! The world needs more dedicated teachers who love what they do, especially in science!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

That's such an incredible step for you to take! CONGRATS!!! My favorite high school teacher was my science teacher! She was amazing, the world needs some good teachers!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 329.6/328.8/200

Rhonda it rocks that you are going back to school!! It is worth every moment. I'm almost done with my BA. December I will officially be done.

For those of you that knew of my man troubles. I finally dumped him!! Of course I've been eating like crazy. I was able to fend off one craving today and that was to drink a soda. I wanted one so badly....I'm sure the next few days will be rough. He usually tries to contact me to get me to change my mind. sssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooo not worth it.

I feel like a weight has been lifted but not all the way yet. I think the next several days will be the test.
emeraldjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #9  

YAY for your emeraldjules! Congrats on breaking free and you can stay away from soda! Be strong when he tries to change your mind!!
crazycurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #10  
Former Quitter

Congratulations for finding freedom, Emeraldjules!

TGIF, Friends! What are your weekend plans? I have several household cleaning/decorating projects planned. I also plan on cuddling on the couch with Hubby and watching some scarey movies. Anyone seen 'Orphanage?' I hope its a good scarey movie. I don't like the slice and dice serial killer stuff.

Does anyone do Jazzercise? They just started classes near me and I'm thinking about trying them out. I like aerobic classes, but there haven't been able to find anything close to me.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

It's hot and muggy here, but still nice enough in the evenings to walk.

I'll be doing the usual housework, a trip to the farmer's market, and runing errands this weekend. DH will get back into town, I'll have to pick up DS at one camp and then take him to another, need to see my parents. That's about it for weekend plans!
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

It's been a rough couple weeks. I found out my roommate is moving out. I can't afford a place on my own, so I will have to find a 2nd job, I guess. My sister is getting married on 2 weeks and I have to think up a speech and run around helping her. I'm also lonley as heck. It's not a easy task watching my younger sister get everything I have wanted for the past 10 years. ( I am super happy for her, but it is hard, when ppl remind you )
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #13  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
It's been a rough couple weeks. I found out my roommate is moving out. I can't afford a place on my own, so I will have to find a 2nd job, I guess. My sister is getting married on 2 weeks and I have to think up a speech and run around helping her. I'm also lonley as heck. It's not a easy task watching my younger sister get everything I have wanted for the past 10 years. ( I am super happy for her, but it is hard, when ppl remind you )
I understand about being happy for your sister and at the same time it makes your life seem less attractive. But you will have your day in the sun one day also. It sounds like you will be very busy. For me that always makes keeps temptation away. Mom wasn't kidding when she said "Idle hands are the devils workshop"!
All this new activity in your life could very well put you in a position to meet new and exciting people to entertain you in whatever time you have left over.
Your day in the sun is comming! So enjoy and take advantage of all the challanges and fun you have comming your way!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Rhonda- I waited FOREVER to see The Orphanage!!!

It never came to our local theaters, and I was dying to see it even then.
We finally got to see it in May.
I won't spoil anything for you. It was good. But it didn't boggle my mind as much as Pan's Labyrinth, which was incredible.

A great rental....LOVE Del Toro!
We are scary/horror/thriller FREAKS

xoxo

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Rhonda,

Congratulations on going back to school. I returned for an MBA when I was 37, even though it absorbed every extra minute I loved it! (Originally I was taping all the tv shows I wanted to watch and didn't have time for, 60+ tapes later I gave up. It was four years before I watched any tv.) I loved being back in school, and I loved the career change that the degree enabled.

This should be a lovely weekend...tonight my husband's company is sponsoring a dinner and tickets to see Jersey boys. He just started there a couple of months ago, so it will be the first time I meet many of his new colleagues. Tomorrow night we have a block party...then Sunday I'll veg.

Life is good. I'm sticking to my plan, and it is amazing how much happier I am when I do.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote