Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-17-2008, 10:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/170/150

Height: 5ft 6in

Default 25 more lbs to go....

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.

I've gone from 220 lbs to 175 lbs over the last year, and can't seem to go any lower. My goal is 150 lbs. Do you think this is realistic? I've tried and tried, including exercise, and can't seem to get the success I got with the first 45 lbs.

I'm 5ft 6in and 37 years old...do you think I'm being realistic in wanting to loose another 25? I'm a lot happier with my weight now than a year ago, and I feel really good, but I still feel "chubby". Is there such a thing as a "wall" that you can run into with weight loss, which makes it very difficult to go further? I'm really into fashion, and I would LOVE to get down to a size 10 and be able to wear anything I like.

Can anyone help?

....deedee....
deedeesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

That is usually the case with most people who lose weight! Maybe you should see your doctor and or a nutritionist! Good Luck
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

First of all, and congratulations on your weight loss!

It sounds like you've hit a plateau. A lot of dieters hit a plateau sooner or later. The scale refuses to budge, even though you are still eating healthy, restricting calories, and exercising.

Some folks recommend changing your exercise or adding strength training.

Some folks recommend eating more if you are severely restricting calories since your body can go into "starvation mode".

When I've hit mini-plateaus in the past, I have just kept doing what I've been doing and waited it out, but none of mine have lasted more than a month or so.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/170/150

Height: 5ft 6in

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll start some different exercise including strength training. My partner has been trying to get me to go to the gym with him...perhaps this is a good time to start. I don't want to cut back calories any more than I have, because I feel really good now, so I think that increasing calories burned is the way to go. My job involves mostly standing with some sitting, so I don't get much exercise at work.

Thanks again for making me feel welcome!

....deedee....
deedeesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/154 CW/140-145ish GW

Height: 5'6.5"

DeeDee - I was stuck in the same place you were for months! What finally helped me was making sure I included more healthy fats in my diet. I started eating peanut butter with my breakfast (either on a whole wheat english muffin or stirred into oatmeal) and eating more stir fried vegetables and then also just making sure I was eating enough vegetables. Increasing exercise is also a good idea. When I weighed in today I was at 155.2 so something is working!
jenguin is offline   Reply With Quote