Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default Just Found Out I Have Achilles Tendonitis

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 06-17-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hang in there, your PT is going to give you lots of alternative things you can do to stay physical and active. I know the panic you must be feeling, but you can get through this, stay on plan, and recuperate your body. Remember that with all this stress about money etc., eating a bunch of junk won't help lessen your stress, it will add to it.

I'm so sorry you are going through this!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

BREATH......

OK.....this is not good...but let's see what we can do with it....

First of all, listen to the doctor! My brother in law has had several medical issues...bones...etc over the years. Trying to be the tough guy he has gone back to work BEFORE the doctor said it was OK...not good...major problems with bones, feet and knees, etc today.

Even if you can't move your feet...you can still move! Get that upper body work going...many women here can help you with that.

As far as the $$$ goes...obviously it will be tight...but you will have disability pay from work won't you?

Remember if it does become chronic...you WON'T be getting off the couch.

Do what I always try to do and advise my family...give all bad news 3 days...pray about it...think about it...try and calm down and figure things out the best we can...in 3 days it will probably be better than it is today....at least the PANIC part....

let's see.........3 days....PRAY ~ CALM DOWN ~ USE THE TOOLS GOD GAVE YOU TO THINK ABOUT THIS SET-BACK.....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Sorry to hear about this... You should listen and follow your doctor's directions on this--it could be that you've been overexercising on your own, on top of having a job where you stand. If you don't follow directions, you could end up with a chronic condition.

I take it your job doesn't include sick pay? Is there any way that your condition could be considered workers' comp?

You can sometimes work out a payment plan with your doctor or PT for services. I've done this before when I had no insurance.

The food part of your weight loss program is the most important thing when you can't exercise as much as you're used to. Stick with that, and as EZMONEY says, you can do more upper-body exercises while you're healing.

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:00 AM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey! I think our bodies are amazing things - and the fact something like this has happened is most likely your bodies way of telling you to take the rest.

If you rest it out and try not to worry I'm sure you'll be back on your feet exercising in no time! The important thing is to remind yourself of all the hard work it has taken to reach where you are now, and how eating makes you feel. You dont need food to give you comfort, you can do this!

I hope your ankle feels better soon
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:02 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Absolutely agree -- you must do as the doctor suggests -- hopefully you will find some exercise that you can do while sitting.

But remember, staying OP is at least 75% of the weight loss battle. Hang tough, Chickie -- you can do it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote