Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Lost 10 lbs. and gained a broken elliptical!

So I officially have lost 10 lbs as of this morning, which was incredible. However, my elliptical (my saving grace in this journey so far) broke last night. I have been burning an average of 1,000 calories a day on this thing and I'm afraid I will get way off track while it is out of service.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what kind of active thing or exercise I can do until it gets fixed? I like the fact that it shows me how many calories I have burned, and I'm worried I won't burn as many not knowing where I am at.
What kind of things do you guys do in the comfort of your own home?

Thanks for any advice!
blanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #2  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Jump rope. Burns lots of cals. Also cherry pickers (this is what the military calls them dont know if there is another name) Start out in a standing position Jump up as high as you can then squat like a frog. All 4 limbs on the ground push yourself back into the pushup position. Return to the frog position then jump up from there. Sounds silly but man is it a good work out. Good luck with your elliptical
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 PM   #3  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

exercise videos -turbo jam is great and fun!
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations on the 10 pounds! If you are in a position to go outside you could go for fast walks, that is great exercise!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote