Old 06-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #1  

Default Thinking i might switch?

I have been doing ww for sometime now & thinking i might swich to calorie counting, Do i need to buy a book to do this ? if so can you tell me which one . My weight has been stalled for sometime & would like to swich thing's up to see if it help's. Thanks for the help
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

You could do both. Calorie King website has a place to plug and go. Good luck!
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I have done thedailyplate.com which i love. But personally I find that i stay more on track if i keep a notebook with me. I keep it in my car and also a calorie king book. This way i have no excuse not to log calories. Im on the computer all day at work (mostly 3fc haha) so when i get home i have NO desire to even look at a computer. Try both to see what works for you. I highly suggest getting the Calorie King book its great for food w/o labels or fast food. Also if you are serious about it making sure you have measuring cups and maybe a small kitchen scale. The scale helps out a lot with portion sizes. I reccomend digital. You can find them at target, walmart, bed bath and beyonf or any store like that. Good luck
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

You don't have to buy a book for calorie counting, but Calorie King is a pretty handy way to always be able to look stuff up when you are on the go.

For me the key to calorie counting has always been logging what I eat. It keeps me accountable, and I'm a nerd for the reports. I use FitDay, but there are other sites...everyone has their favorite site. I started with an excel spreadsheet...but a note book would work just as well. The point is to make a habit of it. Many people seem to be able to do it in their heads...but I dunno if it's that I'm bad at math or that I lie to myself....I have resigned myself to logging for the rest of my life. It really doesn't take that much time once you have your regular foods set up.

Maybe try logging without changing anything for a week...see how the WW points come out in calories.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I also recommend Calorie King , you can buy it online and usually can find it in pharmacies, I got mine at my HMO (Kaiser) I would not be without it , it has loads of information other than calorie counts and is small enough to carry in a purse. I also plan all meals ahead of time and log everything, it really doesn't take much time once you get used to it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

I use Fitday and plan ahead. If I'm taking lunch and snacks to work with me, I either record it the night before or when I get home.

I used to be able to keep track in my head, but that was when I was eating a lot of diet foods (100-calorie packs, Lean Cuisines). Now that I'm more focused on whole foods, I can't keep track in my head anymore because I have a lot more variety. I have to write everything down.
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote