Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking All Diet Meal Delivery Unite!!! --- June

Hi everyone!

Well i thought it would be nice for all of us to have a thread to get more acquainted... I do not think it matters wether you are one DTG; DY; Bistro MD... At the end of the day, we are all trying to lose weight and we all chose to have real food delivered to us for whatever reasons...

So let me introduce myself:

My name is Florence. I just turned 29 and I have a beautiful 2 yo little girl that i love more than anything. I am presently expecting my second child. A little boy this time! Right now i am 24 weeks pregnant I have been raising my daughter alone and I unfortunately do not anticipate any change with this one... Different fathers but same losers... Anyhow... Right before getting pregnant I was on Medifast for about 3 weeks and lost close to 20#... I think my body rebelled against all that weight loss and i ended up pregnant with #2. I was pretty determined not to gain too much weight with this pregnancy and i am currently 1 pound less than i was before getting pregnant with my first child...

At my last OBGYN visit the doctor told me that my calorie intake should be between 1600 - 1800 cal... I was so off... I thought it should be somewhere around 2600 cal a day... Which i probably was not getting... My problem is not the eating too much... it is more the eating junk food... By me being a single parent and my family being in another country i can not afford to be unhealthy and fat anymore... My kids need me... So, even though money is tight i decided to splurge and ordered DTG. I figure it was an investment on my son and my own health. It will teach me proper portions and also take the worrying about what i am putting in my mouth away.

I am still waiting on the food to get here. I am thinking it should be here by wednesday or thursday. I will officially start the diet when i get the food and i was hoping we could use this thread as a way to get us all connected and acquainted. We could also exchange tips on how to prepare the food even if we are not on the same program....

Basically i am looking for some new diet friends My goal is not really to lose weight right now... but try to eat healthy and minimize the weight gain. I will also have more time to play with my daughter...

So welcome everyone and let's get this thread going so that our part of the site does not look so dead
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote