Old 06-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Chat Thurs. June 12th

Good morning ladies!!

HOpe everyone is well today. Just got done working out. I have bben eating awesomely...if that's a word. I think I have really made friends with hunger, lol. I have not had one potato chip in almost two weeks, woo hoo!! I think I will be feeling pretty decent when we go to the shore next weekend.

Alicia, hope you find something else, hon. It would suck to be away from home that long.

Joan, glad you are enjoying the summer. Frankie gets out next week, but Cady & I have been busy too. Today we are going to my mom's to swim with my nieces. It's mom's b-day, and she wants her granddaughters over for lunch, so it should be nice.

Kerry, hope htings get better for you & DH. I know what you mean about baseball, it's fun, but some of the adults are annoying. Who knows, maybe they feel that way about me too, lol!!!

Hanna, glad things are good with Sean. Nice to hear you are enjoying the summer too.

Okay, off to shower. Have to go to Frankie's game tonight, then bellydancing, will check in tomorrow.

Have a great day!!!
Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning chickies,

DD has been up since 5:45. I tried to talk her into going back to sleep, but no dice. I think winter is going to be my favorite season. It's dark that early so I can just tell her it's still night time!! It doesn't work when it's bright daylight. So, I've gotten a load of laundry washed and in the dryer. Once DH gets out of here I will get the floors done upstairs and be done with my chores for the day. Yippee!!

I hope you guys have an awesome day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #3  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Good morning to all.......

Well I am getting back on track. I weighed this morning and lost 2 pounds. That is a good thing for me. I am trying not to eat out at all. But that is kindof hard being I patrol all day and we don't exactly have a great selection. So I try to go to Subway. If I go somewhere else I try to get a salad. I have been cooking everynight when I get home. Cut out the cokes all together. But I can't figure out what is eating healthy... I know that sounds dumb. I know fruit and veggie are healthy. Well I need meat. I am not someone who can go without the meat. I am a country girl who grew up on soul food. I have been buying organic. I get veggies from my parents garden. I think some of it is portion control. What is enough and what is too much?

We sat down last night and finally figured out where are summer trip is going to be. We are taking the kids to Orlando. So now I have pressure to lose at least 20 pounds by July 28. That is my goal. Now I ask you this is that to much for one person to achieve?

I know I have been gone for a while but we have been very busy at work and the girls are out for the summer. So just busy and very hot. The heat in Texas is unbearable. Especially when you are wearing a duty belt and a bullet proof vest. It gets hot fast.

Hello to all the new girls. You will enjoy the 30 somethings......

Have a good day everyone.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #4  

Hey Fergi...

You should really think about packing a lunch. My husband has a small igloo cooler, and everyday I pack him a fruit salad, a veg. salad, a sandwich, and assorted snacks & a couple of waters (he eats a lot, but he can, he is one of THOSE people!). Anyway, it would save lots of $ and you would know exactly what you are eating. We do it partly for the savings, but also there is not always a lot for him to choose from. He is in construction downtown (actually a commercial plumber) , and a lot of times there is only a guy with a truck selling stuff, so he never knows how fresh it is, what's in it, etc. you should give packing a try!!

As for eating meat, we eat chicken like 3 times a week, and beef usually once every week to 10 days. Used to be ribeyes, now it's sirloins...i just salt & pepper them and they're great on the grill. I don't know about the 20 pounds by then, probably could be done, but that seems like a lot of cutting back & exercise to me. You'd really have to be committed, I think. The most I have lost in a month is 6 pounds, but hey, every BODY is different, KWIM??

Good luck and keep us posted.

P
Old 06-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #5  
fergi

I know 20 pounds is alot to lose in little over a month. But I will try. Even if I could get to 180 I would be happy with that.

The packing the lunch thing....another officer and I were talking about that yesterday. About packing our lunches and just eating in our patrol units. We were talking about saving the money especially since we are going to Florida in July. So that will give us some extra money. So that is actually what we are going to start doing. Good idea. Thanks.

We do eat alot of chicken. I use ground turkey meat to replace ground hamburger meat. And about once a month I will buy a steak. We had sirloins on Sunday. With fresh corn from the garden and some broccoli.

All I can do is try right.

Oh by the way I am new to this so I don't know what KWIM is.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Default good morning

good morning all...it is so nice to log on each day and read over the posts to see how everyone is doing.

F- I think 20 lbs seems like a lot to lose by then but a goal is a goal and I am sure you can do whatever you set your mind to. And as for meat, I don't go without it, I just try to limit the portions...I like beef and I am not going to stop eating it!

This is the next to last day of school for the kiddos I teach. They are very wound up and not the least bit interested in anything academic. I stopped seeing my groups on Tuesday and have had more time to log on and browse the site. It has been very interesting. I am thinking the Confessions of a Carb Queen book would be a good read for the summer....

I start back to WW meeting next Thursday so I am nervous to see if the scale has gone up since I stopped Slim Fast which just made me even more hungry.

It sounds like you all have very busy but nice lives. I hope to get to know you all better. Enjoy your day...I hope it is as sunny and bright where you are as it is here. -Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ eating awesomely LOL! I like it. Girl, you'll be looking like one hot mama by the time vacation rolls around. Keep up the good work! I agree about packing lunches. DH takes his lunch everyday and that save a lot of $$$.

Karen ~ you're one busy lady this a.m. I didn't like it when the kids got me up early years ago and yet it forced me to get going and I loved getting so much accomplished so early in the day. I'm like that during the school year but this is turning out to be one heck of a lazy summer vacation and I'm lovin' it.

fergi ~ 20 lbs. sounds unrealistic to me. I've been diligent lately and I've lost 10 lbs. in 4 weeks. I've upped my water consumption and that really helps. Unfortunately, that might be tough with your being an officer. Potty breaks wouldn't be convenient all of the time LOL. Orlando sounds like fun. Disneyworld?

Erin ~ my DS's teacher was telling me that the last day or two of school is a complete waste as they don't even have pencils and paper available. Good luck with WW. I started 4 weeks ago and it's going well.

Alicia ~ hope that something else comes along for you. I've been thinking of you and know how much your kids must be missing you (as well as you missing them!).

Kerry ~ your DH sounds like a royal knucklehead. The example that he sets for those kids of his is sad.

GG ~ when is the Italy vacation coming up? Fingers crossed that a third doctor will enter the picture. Sure would make your life easier.

I have much to do today. We're having a houseful of company tomorrow night. Hope that everyone is having a good Thursday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #8  
fergi

IrishJoan we are going to take them to Universal Studios. And I can't wait to go. I need the vacation. We are staying in a villa. It has 2BR 2Bath and a kitchen. Like an apt. That way we can cook there and not eat out as much.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

fergi ~ lucky girl! I've always wanted to go to Universal Studios. We always stay at the same place in FL (near Sarasota) and we aren't going this year. We've already put our down payment down though for next year. I know what you mean about needing a vacation. It's just so darn much fun to get away for a while.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  

Joan...10 pounds!!! WTG, girl!!!!

Fergi, it means know what I mean...and WTG means way to go...I'm picking things up as I go...

kay, off to make dinner then to baseball then class...have a great night girls!!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #11  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

hi i'm new thought i'd intrude on your group
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

work was good today. Nothing really exciting. Im hoping for the 3rd dr but not going to get wound up until it really does happen.

welcome - me4life

fergi-i bring lunch almost every day...it saves a TON on money and helps with wt loss big time. It is easier too if your other officer is doing the same thing.
i love universal studios. I spent 8 yrs in gainesville (2 hr drive to orlando) and had an uncle that use to work there...use to get free tix all the time. I prefer island of adventures but that's because i like roller coasters.

Joan- tuscany trip is in august....can't wait...trying to get motivated to get some weight off...at least be a size 8 by then. I need some motivation

alright all..i'm off.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #13  
KAR

Evening All,
I just got home from my busy day. I went this morning and had my oil changed in my van. Then drove an hour to meet my dh for his doctor's appointment, then it was off to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, and then we went to the AT&T store and got new phones. Then I went to my first day of training. It was a lot of fun. I think that I will do well. Now I have to go practice my presentation in front of the mirror a couple of times. Then clean the bathroom. Then I think that I will hit the sack for the evening.
Welcome me4life! I think that is a cool name. You will love our group.
Pam, sounds like you had a busy day. Hope you enjoyed the ball game and your belly dancing class.
Karen hope you got your chores done for the day. Where you able to take a nap this afternoon? I would have been exhausted if I got up that early on a summer day and really didn't have anywhere or thing to do. Laughed at your winter comment. But you are so true.
GG, you will get there. I know you can. So how long are you going to be in Italy on vacation? Sounds like a great place to go. My dream vacation would be to go to Ireland and Scotland to see where my ancestors are from.
Lauren, was today the day you had to go to the big city for work? Hope it went well for you.
Erin, sounds like you are looking forward to your summer vacation. Any big plans for it? I have all these plans to read all these books on my vacation and then only read 1/4 to 1/2 of them. Hope your ww meetings go well for you next week. I would be curious to see if you gained any weight from stopping the Slim Fast shakes. Keep us posted.
Fergi, twenty pounds is a lot in one month's time. I guess it could be done. But I had learned the faster the weight comes off, the quicker it is to come back on and then some. I have lost 3 3/4 pounds in two weeks. Packing your lunch would be the easiest and healthiest way to go. I pack my lunch when I am teaching. It is cheaper and I know exactly what I am eating. Sometimes the cafertia food is nasty and unhealthy for the students and staff. Then they wonder why the kids are getting fat. Hope you are able to get close to your goal though. Your vacation sounds like a lot of fun. My dh and I decided that we were going to save money and go somewhere next summer. This summer, we might just go away for the weekend to Cinnicatinati. It is like two hours away from us. But hey atleast it is a vacation.
Hi Joan. I am glad to be back. I sure have missed everyone. I think that was a lot of my problem with school and family life. I was missing my great support group of friends that I have right here. But I just didn't have the time to check in during the spring. But I am back now. Yes you are right, my dh is a knuckle head at times. But I think his kids know who really looks out for them and stuff. Plus I think they are use to their dad by now at 12, 10 and 10, that they look over his quirky ways and flaws. Plus after he goes off on his little temper tantrum, he does his damnest to get back in our good graces. But I guess I get on his nerves too at times with my habits and flaws. Guess that is how we balance each other out at times in our relationship. Plus it is nice to know that our friends and close family see how he is and they are starting to stand up and speak up in my defense. Congrats on your 10 pounds lost. Keep up the good work! Enjoy your company tomorrow evening!
Hi to everyone else. Need to go and do a few things around the house before going to bed. Check back in with you all tomorrow sometime.
Have a great evening!
Later gators,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote