Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Default I Am In So Much Pain!

I don't usually complain but dammit I feel so miserable right now.

I got home from the gym yesterday, feeling sweaty but perfectly fine. I waited for a couple of minutes to cool off and then had my shower. I got out and I sat on the chair, I almost passed out from the pain. At the point where the spine ends and the buttocks are I writhe in pain. I am taking painkillers but it is awful. I can't sit, can't walk and can't lie on my back. Even lying on my tummy is so painful. I went out to take the garbage and I almost started weeping in pain. I feel like I am 2000 kg right now, I didn't exersice today because I got scared but it is seriously very painful.

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 06-10-2008 at 03:24 PM.
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! Please get checked up right away. What exercises did you do at the gym?
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Yeah, I'd definitely agree with going to the doctor!

What in the world did you do at the gym??? Do you think it could be from your shoes, too? Ouuchhh - poor thing!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You need to see a physician, preferably a sports doctor.

It sounds like you might have muscle spasms, but no one can tell over the internet.

Please get checked out right away!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

You may have strained your back. Sometimes, it takes very little motion to do so (just happened to my partner...she was vacuuming and then - BAM - instant, terrible pain).

You need to get checked out by a doctor, pronto.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Go to the doctor, pronto. Firstly, the doc needs to find out exactly what's wrong. Secondly, being in that much pain is unnecessary and will slow down your healing!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #7  

Nothing I don't usually do. I did 20 minutes soft bike (to warm up), a few light weights for two minutes(the one where you sit and you lift the weight with the aid of the machine), the boat-thing-machine (sorry for the lack of names but I don't know the English names) for 5 minutes and 20 minutes of quick elliptical. It is the same exersice I do every single day! I am not sure if it is my spine (unfortunately I was in an accident two years ago that caused a light sensitivity on my neck and it causes periodical spine pains for a day or two) or because I pulled muscle somewhere.

Thanks for the hugs but it really bugs me that when I walk I feel that I am super-duper heavy!

Last edited by preetyladyserenity; 06-10-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #8  

Ah if I don't feel better by tomorrow I am gonna go to the GP.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #9  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

please dont wait!!! i was discharged today from physio for a similar problem, it was my spine, i had a bulging disc...

take some ibuprofen (anti inflammatories) and pain killers and also see your GP ASAP. it may be you need an adjustment or maybe something more industrial on the muscle relaxant side like temazapam.

take care ok!!!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Definatly go to the doctor! Sounds like siatica. I had the same thing and it
took a few months to get over. I remember not being able to hardly move without major pain... Iam sorry your feeling badly-don't over do it. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And after you see your Doc please come back and tell us how you made out. We worry, ya know.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #12  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

It's possible you have a pilonidal cyst. Sounds like just the spot, and they can become infected.
I had one of these, and the pain was excruciating. I ended up having surgery to have it removed. Get it checked out asap.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #13  

Hey, I just wanted to say, I feel your pain... I once used one of those football player gym machines that build up the muscles at the small of your back... I was practically out for a week. I couldnt even ROLL out of bed without a crazy amount of pain.
I have an ear infection now, started 2 days ago... that hurts me too, and I think I have been using it as an excuse to not work out. Not saying that's the case for you because clearly it's not- your regimen seems much more established than mine... but I know it's the case for me
anyways, good luck and I hope both of us feel better soon!!
brownsugah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #14  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

If it is really bad... go to an emergency room. You will have an MRI and/or CT scan right away instead of waiting....
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:36 AM   #15  

Today I woke up feeling much, much better. I can walk not in much pain, though with minor discomfort, and sit in a chair again with a little discomfort. I can lye on my back without any problems. I did go to the doctor, nevertheless. Considering the improvement since yesterday, he said it is most likely a sprained muscle. He said that if I wish to exersice I can do some slow walking and only if I can walk without pain. He prescribed some painkillers twice a day.

However considering that I have a spine problem, he said that if my condition does not improve by Monday, I should go back and do further examinations. But from what he examined he could see no spine damage or anything.

Brownsugah, believe it or not, I have very sensitive ears. I never know when they can get infected.