Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default Excessive Heat!

Just wondering what anyone else does to get their workouts in when it's this hot!? It's over 100 here with the humidity and heat index, which makes it hard to go outside let alone go to the gym-not air conditioned :-(. Unfortunately it hasn't been below high 80's even early morning or late evening so that isn't even an option. Days like today I really wish I had a pool! :-P
vmo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #2  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Do you have Comcast On Demand? The Exercise TV section has TONS of free workouts available. I always do home workouts!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/142/120

Height: 5'4"

Luckily, my treadmill is in the basement, which is way cooler than the rest of the house... I can't deal with this heat!! I HATE SUMMER! I just hope this little heat wave is no indication of the rest of this summer...
The only positive thing about summer as far as i'm concerned is that since it's harder to hide behind jackets and things I do eat better and workout more consistently... but .. if you have no where cool to work out i wouldn't take the health risk.. I mean there's a heat advisory out for us...OR at least be careful, stay hydrated, and stop if you feel dizzy...
SugarHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #4  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Friday and yesterday I worked out at the gym. Even though the AC was on, it was still extremely hot! Down here, we're running between 94 and 97 degrees in the afternoon, which is warmer than usual this early in the summer.

I am usuallly able to get through my workout with no issues, but these two days, it took everything in me to finish the workout. When I got done with my workout, I felt extremely nauseous. This has never happened before! I've heard of that happening to some people, but I had never experienced it.

Anyone have any idea why? I attributed it to the heat.

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 06-09-2008 at 04:02 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #5  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I would guess it's from the heat as well. I was out in the heat this weekend only sporadically for maybe 15 minutes each time and I was completely exhausted the rest of the weekend, even though all I did was sit inside in the A/C. I think even a little bit of exposure to heat like that does more damage than we realize. I can't BELIEVE I saw people out jogging in it!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #6  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I just get up early, like this morning. It was 76 degrees and muggy when I started my jog and was up to 80 by the time 30 minutes passed. Just make sure you drink lots of fluids, and don't push yourself.
Maybe just take a walk in the early morning instead of anything really strenuous.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote