Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-09-2008, 05:11 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Chickadee Chat - June 9th - 15th

Welcome All!

Come sit a spell, get your favorite beverage and share with us what's goin' on in your life. We are all here for support. Everybody's welcome.

Morning All.

Guess what? I emailled my boss asking him to switch my hrs back 2 hrs from 9 pm - 9:30 am (what I currently work) to 7 pm - 7:30 am. I backed it up with info of why it would be beneficial. So pls keep your fingers for me. Better add your toes, legs, and eyes. Then be sure to have someone take a picture of you and share it with all of us!

So I have been pro-active, aren't you all proud? Probably nothing will come of it, but hey, at least I tried.

Have a Great Monday!!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Good for you! There is nothing better than a happy worker!
The weather out here on the rock is dreary today, and my fiance is going back to work in Alberta in a few days. We had wings 'n fish 'n chips last night, as a 'treat' for him. I feel bad, because I've been so good on my diet, except for that, and Fri night, steak and lobster with friends. Although, I DID stay within my points, I don't have any left for the week. So. I better get moving! Maybe a tiger will come in and chase me around for awhile, or the car will break down and I will hear there is a big sale at my fave clothing store if I get there in less than half an hour!! Have a great day!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Its going to be over 100 degrees today stay cool and hydrated chickies.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Sassy-I hope your hours get switch cause that would be better than the 9 one...
Kofarg- is steak bad?? I didnt think it was or is it the way you cook it??
Leenie-Yeah way to hot out there sent the kids out early to play before the middle of the day heat!!

I went on the site biggest loser last night just to check out their stuff..I entered my info. and it told me my calorie in take should be like 1617 the same as what someone on here had told me. I was just wondering the people that are on there and lose weight how many months does it take for them to lose it. I know they have to do it healthy but they must work their butts off.....
I had a major break down yesterday morning just crying because I went to get dressed and the shirt I picked just felt tight esp. with sunburn it looked tight so I was like I will just wear jeans and a tshirt to church and went to get the one of the two pair that fit and it was wet in the dryer couldnt find the other one. The size 20's I couldnt even get together. So i was like crying cause everyone was ready (i get all the kids ready first) then i wasnt couldnt find anything to wear it was awful. i was sooo upset i was shaking. my husband told me to go buy clothes since i didnt have any i just said i couldnt bring myself to buy 22's he was like well when you lose weight then you can say see i cant fit these anymore. I still feel to embarrassed to buy them...well off to my monday morning mess...YAA... have a good day everyone!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #5  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Morning all!

The skies and my mood today are partly-cloudy with a chance of rain, haha...

Momof4 - aw, hun... I'm so sorry about the stupid clothes getting you down. I know how that feels - I've been in that very place (well, except for the kids waiting part).

Sassy - fingers, toes, eyes, etc. crossed that you get the new hours you want! WTG being proactive.

Well gang, I did some math and realized I'll be moving in like 2 months, and EEP!!! I have so much to do! I started clearing my second bedroom out this weekend (OK, really just moved the stuff into the garage) - but the garage is a lot closer to the garbage!!!! And then I started thinking, and I don't wanna leave my house! Waaaaa....
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #6  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies

Today I finished my temp job - had to end my own contract They would have liked to keep me on, apparently, but there just wasn't any work. Poop.

Aside from that, no news here. Back to the starting point looking for work.

Have a great day, all!
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #7  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Hey Everybody!!! I am sorry I didn't tell you all I would be gone but well...we all were going and I just don't like to put that out there in the Internet ya know... We went to Hawaii The Big Island for five days...and it was heaven...we had such a wonderful time... I ate to much...I didn't work out...I paid the price for it yesterday...I haven't been that dang achy and sore since I started doing yoga on a regular basis...crud... We got home yesterday and I have most things put away but DHs computer decided to go toes up and he is having a b*tch of a time so that kind of threw a damper on our homecoming... I went to the Y this morning to do my much needed yoga class and put in 30 mins on the crossramp...I have quite a bit that I want to do today around here so this is kind of a fly by post! I am back though and don't have any more trips in the works so hopefully I can get back to work!!! Yeah!!!
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Its a really nice Monday here. Sun is out and a breeze blowing so I hear people out mowing. I've just been trying to get stuff back up on the kitchen wall and I still have to wash my crystal and get it off of the counter. Our phone died yesterday. We can hear the other end, but they can't hear us. I was planning on going to town Wed. but I may have to make an earlier trip. We still have it hooked up to the answering machine and can get messages and then if its important we can call on the cell phone. To be honest I'm not sure where to return our phone as our phone company shut down all their stores in the area. <I'd call but, they can't hear meand its their phone to boot!>
The girls kept me hopping and driving all over the place this weekend. DdC got her green belt in judo. We are really proud of her. DdC, DdB and I got to go "girly" shopping on Sat, that was a lot of fun.

Hey Heather! so good to see you and that you are doing alright. Good luck on the job search!

Amarie, wow only two more months, just think of all the exercise moving all those boxes will bring And I'm sure once you are all moved you will love your new place, transitions are absolutly horrid! IMHO.

Momof4 so sorry about the clothes situation. I can so relate. I'm dredding having to get dressed up for DdB's grad this Sat. I honestly don't know if I have anything that will fit and look good. I was suppose to be smaller by now, but it hasn't happened, yet.

Kofarq good for you staying in points with lobster no less! How long does your Df go to Alberta for? I figure he must be working in the oil fields?

Good for you Sassy!! I'll keep my fingers crossed. You never know something may come of it!

Hi there leenie, Cathy, Hope, shop, sugar, Raven and everyone else

Well I should go and fill the sink.
Take care everyone and have a great day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #9  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

Df just went to work about an hour ago. Sometimes he will go in the evening b/c there aren't as many people around and he can paint or knock out a ceiling or something. We slept late today and saw a movie: 'Zonhan', pretty funny. I tried to take my dogs for a walk for the first time on a leash and they would have none of it! They need to get used to it but you would have thought I was killing them. They tried to chew their way out of the harnesses. Oh well. The fact that it is over 100 degrees didn't help!

Momof4: I could have written that post a hundred times over (except for the kids). Somebody waiting on you when it happens doesn't help anything. That is the worst feeling and we all have been there I'm sure.
Sometimes that happens to me and I'm in a store and nothing fits. A panic attach usually sets in and I go fleeing to the car in tears. I'm sorry you had such a bad day.

Heather: You know, that is one thing I haven't tried is the temp thing and I really should. The unemployment thing has really gotten me down. I applied to Home Depot the other day just b/c nobody seems to be hiring for full time and I heard they have benefits for part-timers. Being a girl that has never been my favorite store, but times are desperate. If you had told me I would ever have even thought of applying there I would have thought you were crazy. Now apparently I am.

Raven: I wondered where you were! I would love to go there, that is one of my goals in life is to visit Hawaii.

amarie: Wow, 2 months isn't long! I'm clearing out my crap too, I'm just not going anywhere. Maybe we can keep each other motivated. I've shredded tons of old paperwork and just crap that I've kept for no reason.

BBL, I'm getting company!
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Hey everyone.

I have some news. Dh will officially be off the ship Aug. 12. And he'll have like a month of leave, lol. Which is good and all..but we'll be spending most of that time moving. Amerie, we're moving in 2 months too, lol. Still haven't found place to live yet..but I've found a couple apartments in our price range. They all look very nice.

I have a confession. I've been stress eating a lot. And I dont regret it at all, how weird is that?? I'm enjoying everything that I'm eating too. I still wont allow myself to have a burger or delicious sweets. But I can feel myself getting closer to that temptation. I dunno how much longer I can hold off. I think once dh gets home, I'll feel less stressed out, lol.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool You can Uncross Everything now. lol

Well Thanks Ladies, but you can now uncross everything. lol. It was a big fat NO. Not a little no, but a big NO. lol. He basically said no schedule changes are allowed at this time and that the new girl will just need to learn and if she has any questions she can ask the other dept that we work closely with.

I copied the new girl on the email so he replied to both of us, the new girl is like, "Boy he is really nice, isn't he?". I was like "Yeah can't you tell how much he cares?" lol. So anyways, that is that. But I still can hope for our new manager to change our schedules like I've heard. So lets hope........

But I am proud of me for at least asking. It doesn't hurt to ask. I am used to hearing no, esp from him. I have a feeling he will come by my desk in the AM about it and if he does I will just say, I just thought I would ask is all. Either that or he'll duck and hide when he sees me trying to avoid me. lol.

So lets see what happens......Oh and yesterday morning, all the Dayshift Witches (that is my new nick-name for them) were very very quiet. Very strange. So if they remain this way all week while I am here, then I pretty much know that my counter-part who works opposite me on nights blabbed. But I told her she could tell them or show them the email I sent her. I am not hiding anything. lol.

Well I just ate lunch and I feel awful. I guess its cuz of what I ate I am sure: Hot dogs and Doritos.. So I took some tums and I'm hoping I feel better.......Cuz I have no time left to leave early even. I mean if I get really sick then I'm leaving, no matter what even if the weasel says I can't, well lemme just on ya once then maybe you'll let me. lol. Nah, I am trying to stick it out and be tough. lol. Even though I just reallly wanna just go home and curl up in bed and watch I Love Lucy......

UGH if I were only leaving at my old time of 7 am, I think I could make it until then, but after that is when it gets stressful with everybody here, etc....and my boss doesn't show up for work until about 9:30 a.m., when I am LEAVING. Pretty sad, isn't it? And he leaves around 4 or 5 in the evening, man I would love those hours! And all he does is walk around with his stupid coffee and try to look like he is doing something! lol. Maybe I should start slacking off then maybe I'd get a promotion too! lol.

Well thanks for listening to me Whine..........Have a great day!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

awww sassy that stinks..I hope you feel better!!!
Not much here seems a little cooler today like not as humid. I was sick yesterday and didnt do much of anything so I need to do stuff today...ok have a good day all!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #13  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Okay, trying really hard to post here regularly again - I had a horrible realization that I have only lost 12 pounds [note - not even, as of today, and my ticker was wrong anyway] since I hit 100lbs lost in mid-January. Now, I do know that's better than nothing, but it's a big slow down for me, as you know.

And I know why. I am eating out of control, and since early April, I've neglected myself horribly. Not runnign regularly (if at all!) not doing my weights, not eating well. I feel like crap and it shows. I MUST get my motivation back to work on ME. Sooo hard.

Sassy, rotten news that. Hang in there.
Mom, hope you're feeling a bit better today
Francie - I enjoy everything I shove in my mouth, even if I eat until I feel sick. Then I do it again - because I liked it. Self-sabotage is a powerful force!
Hope, Raven, Buddly, Amarie, Leenie - whatcha doin' today girls?

I am goign to go force myself to run. Even a short one is better than nothing, and it's been so long that my fitness level has dropped and I'll have to build up again anyway... isn't it funny that despite how great it makes us feel, exercise is SOOOO easy to just let fall by the wayside? Sheesh!

Have a great day all!
Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 06-10-2008 at 09:21 AM.
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Just a quickie as I have so much to do and I've been procrastinating, like usual.
Another beautiful day. The wind is a little cool, but it keeps the bugs away and the sun is shining so I'm not complaining!
Dh drove DdA to work this morning so that was nice. He had to go to work as well. This may have been a little earlier than he wanted but at least it save a little bit of gas.

Sassy I'm sorry you didn't get the schedule change, but at least you tried. Its to bad you can't find another job as that work environment sounds terrible! A lot of gossipers and back stabbers! It must feel so lonely

Mom hope you feel better today.

Hope thats funny about your pups. Maxie and I went for a walk after the girls got on the bus this morning. It was to nice to come straight home. We haven't done it for quite awhile and I think I tired him out

Heather did you get your run in? Its amazing how easy it is to let the exercise slilp even when we know how good we feel after.

A huge to everyone else.

I have to carry on getting this place presentable. Only three more days before company comes.

Take care everyone and have a wonderful day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #15  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

I feel like crap its freaking snowing out, in flipping June! And my mood is horrid! I can't tell if its the snow, or the impending move, or just feeling hopeless about all I have to do and having no money to do it, but I just wanna curl up and cry.

I'm having a really hard time adjusting my behavior to not spend so much money - I've cut up my cc, but I have really gotten into a habit of buying stuff to make myself feel happy over the last couple years, and I just can't anymore. I only have 4 paychecks left, and I'd really like to be able to save something...

Thanks y'all for your kind words - yeah Buddly, I think you hit the nail on the head - transitions are hard! And they suck.

Did I mention its snowing? Wtf? In June????

Francie - holy cow! I bet we're gonna be moving the same week! it looks like I'm gonna move on Aug 18th or so - 'course my trip'll be shorter, but still... I like the idea that we'll be moving at the same time-ish!

Heather - I've not been running much either maybe we can nudge each other back out there? Nudge...nudge...

Hope - let's try to keep each other motivated, that would be great!! Last night I organized and stored bed linens and cds, tonight I'm gonna shoot for miscellaneous electronics and my goodwill pile. What's youe goal?

Mom and Sassy - I'm sorry you were both feeling icky. Feel better today!!!

Raven - wow, sounds like fun!

How's everyone else doin?
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote