Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #1  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Default Really mortifying story for you tonight...completely O/T

Ahhhh, the wonders of the family date

Today we decided we'd take the kids to see the new Indiana Jones...it was AWESOME!

When we came out of the matinée, we decide to go and have some dinner....good idea, right? Well, maybe not tonight!

Now, if you haven't seen this movie yet...it's is very chaotic at the end and well...spinny, in a motion kind of way (anybody have a guess yet??? )

Halfway to the restaurant, Liam (10) said he had a headache. 3/4's of the way there, he said he felt a bit barfy....here's where you'd THINK an accomplished set of parents would use their brains...but alas...noooo

Squeamish people...STOP NOW......
We ordered our food...Liam was pale...
I asked him if he wanted to go outside for some fresh air. He said yes and we got up. As we neared the area where you turn left to go outside, or right to go to the bathroom...he said "bathroom" I tried to hurry him that way...HOPING we'd make it.....NOPE!

Right in front of the cash register, and THREE booths full of people...my beautiful, angelic son puked his guts out on the floor!

I*WAS*MORTIFIED!!!!!!!
I kept my cool. Someone rushed over to me and handed me a roll of paper towel. I covered the entire area. A girl tried to help (waitress), I told her that she really didn't need to do that..I'd clean it myself.
I'm sure she was relieved, and she disappeared. Another woman rushed my son a bucket, and he went to the bathroom area to hide...he was so embarrassed! I continued cleaning. Another waitress brought me a big bag, a bottle of spray cleaner, and a bottle of febreeze, and a bucket of water and a sponge. I finished cleaning it up....apologizing the entire time, and possibly more embarrassed than ever before in my life.

When I was done, I went to Liam, helped him get cleaned up. Washed the bucket, the bathroom sink and counter etc....
Liam says with a smile "I feel better now Mom....I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!"

I made sure that the waiter, etc. knew that this was a motion sickness incident, and NOT a Norwalk one (AND left a $20.00 tip!)...but MAN....WHAT A NIGHT!!! Unbelievable...poor kid.
When we got back to the table, Rudes and Tali didn't even know what had happened!!!

WHY did I tell you this story???? Because I needed to share it with my friends!
Does anyone have a kid/bodily function horror story to share??? Somehow, sharing these stories helps one to feel just a little better...come on Mommies...please???

I am going to rest now, and veg out watching TV
I need a
xoxo
Linda

famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #2  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh no! I don't have anything to contribute but I definitely feel for you. How embarassing!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #3  

I have an 8 year old son who seemed to vomit for no apparent reason for two years straight. We always had to have grocery bags in the car for him. I finally did teach him that when he was going to be sick, to not keep his head ABOVE the table, but to duck under it so other people eating didn't have to watch him I've noticed as well that waitstaff are SO happy when we do volunteer to clean it up ourselves!! You are awesome -- Christopher has been hungry after a few of his "incidents" as well, but I've been way too embarrased to stick around where we are at.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

When my now 23 year old was oh about 4 - hubby and I took her to a fairly upscale restaurant. It was wall to wall people and we were seated pretty close to the bathroom, we could see the door to the girls room from where we sat. Lindsy had to go pee and decided she wanted to be a big girl and go by herself - since we could clearly see the door we said ok. A few minutes later I hear "Mommy can you wipe my butt" and yup here comes Lindsy pants to her knees holding her butt cheeks apart~~she went number 2! Never dawned on me to ask if it was 1 or 2 before we let her go herself!!! She could wipe herself for 1 but not 2!! thanksfull no one got upset !!!
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #5  

Height: 5.6

Several years ago - I was driving with my kids from Alabama to Texas, we were going to stay with my parents for a while before we moved overseas, to join hubby. About an hour into the trip my daughter said she was not feeling too well.

We went into a Cracker Barrell - thinking let her settle a while - probably motion sickness - walked around a bit - she said she felt better - and both kids said they were hungry (our plan in the beginning was to get breakfast mid-morning) anyway - so we order breakfast - my daughter did not eat much. No big deal right?

We go out to the car and she gets sick, oooookay - well - at that time we had no place to live - so it's not like we can turn around and go home.

That poor girl - got sick from Alabama to honest to God - the Texas state line. A 12 hour trip turned into a 14 hour trip and my poor son and I - thought we were going to start joining her...... we were low on funds so we could not stop and get a hotel and to be honest - I was so flustered it never occured to me to call someone and ask them to wire me money for a hotel. Since then - I have kept a can of Febreeze in the car.........

Last edited by Penney; 06-08-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #6  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Awwe Linda...I'm sorry you were so embarrassed!

This one is gross...so squeamish people DON'T READ any further!

I am not a mom...but my little brother mortified me. When I was about 10 I had one of my good friends stay the night. My little brother wasn't feeling well that day and apparently he got up to go to the bathroom (#2) in the middle of the night and missed the toilet. So morning comes and my new friend ended up going in the bathroom and stepped in the mess.....slipped, fell and hit her head on the bathroom wall. Needless to say she told EVERYONE she knew and I was beyond mortified.

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 06-08-2008 at 11:12 PM.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I once whoopsed my cookies in a store parking lot in front of a ton of strangers. Yay for stomach viruses.
Also, I was feeding one of my students strained peaches (I teach special education) and she sneezed strained peaches all over me...right before I had to go to a meeting with my principal!
And, saving the best for last..
I took my 2 year old niece to my apartment pool. She was potty trained, but apparently someone fed her a ton of grapes before they dropped her off with me. She was standing by my lounge chair and said "oops". I look over and

Gross alert!!!

She had an attack of massive diarrhea on the textured concrete ground!!! EWWWWW! I had to go to the apartment office and get cleaning supplies while my DH carried her back inside and dumped her in the tub. I had to apologize to all of the people in the pool (thank God she did it out of the pool!!), clean up the mess, and and dump bleach over the spot. The people in the pool were parents, and were really nice about it, but I was mortified for weeks.
I hope that ,makes you feel better!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

My daughter was dancing in a dance recital at our state fair years ago. Walking in to the fair my son told me he didn't feel that well. He was probably 4 or 5. For the show we were seated in an extremely crowded auditorium with seats very close together. People were so crammed in there that there was no way to leave quickly. My son said he didn't feel so good again. I didn't know what to do. One of the kids had drank a large cup of lemonade which was now empty. You guessed it. He projectile vomited into the cup & filled it to the brim. I don't think many people were aware of it at the time but it kind of splashed out even a little bit. He felt fine afterwards but I had to hold a cup of vomit till the end of the show, carry it out and dispose of it in the first trash can I found. Someone was definitely looking out for us that day. Can you imagine what could have happened? I guess he could have used my purse. At least it wouldn't have gotten on a stranger.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #9  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Oh man. I get soooo motion sick so I feel SOO sorry for poor Liam!!

I was on a flight with a group of peers for a teen leadership conference, flying from Orlando back home to London when a friend of mine threw up all over herself, her mom, two of our friends, and some poor guy sitting BEHIND her. We all had to make make-shift shirts out of the blankets, and give the shirts WE had on, to the other people on the plane that were... splattered...really.. with vomit.

And yet - honestly, it still wasn't the worst flight I've ever had!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #10  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I have no similar tales.. but I SO feel for you Linda
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #11  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickybird View Post
I once whoopsed my cookies in a store parking lot in front of a ton of strangers. Yay for stomach viruses.
Also, I was feeding one of my students strained peaches (I teach special education) and she sneezed strained peaches all over me...right before I had to go to a meeting with my principal!
And, saving the best for last..
I took my 2 year old niece to my apartment pool. She was potty trained, but apparently someone fed her a ton of grapes before they dropped her off with me. She was standing by my lounge chair and said "oops". I look over and

Gross alert!!!

She had an attack of massive diarrhea on the textured concrete ground!!! EWWWWW! I had to go to the apartment office and get cleaning supplies while my DH carried her back inside and dumped her in the tub. I had to apologize to all of the people in the pool (thank God she did it out of the pool!!), clean up the mess, and and dump bleach over the spot. The people in the pool were parents, and were really nice about it, but I was mortified for weeks.
I hope that ,makes you feel better!
WOW....I think you win...so far!!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I don't know. That dance recital story turned me green....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #13  

As a "mother's day" gift to my mom a few years ago -- my youngest was a baby and oldest was like 3 -- we took her out to lunch and then shopping.
On the way home mom was in the back seat to give the baby a bottle in between the two boys -- oldest threw up all over her and youngest did the same -- so I'm outside the car with oldest changing his clothes on the side of the road (thank god I bought him new clothes that day) and mom is in the car trying to clean up herself and the little guy -- LOVE having other parent's around when these things happen because you know they understand.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #14  
SeaWave

I guess most parents have run into something similar. My own experience was when my son was a small baby. He was never a sick baby, but when it did hit, it hit big. He woke up in the middle of the night and when I went to his bedroom, he looked at me quizzically. He didn't want to lie back down, so I brought him into the living room, lay down on the sofa with him on me, and rubbed his back to get him to fall asleep.

Yep, he lost it all over my face.

So I took care of cleaning him, and as I was carrying him back in his nice clean jammies, it started leaking out his diaper. So back to the washroom to clean him, then to clean the spots on the carpet, then to wash some dirty baby pj's. Then my husband gets home from working nightshift, hears our son awake in his room, and... yeah, all over his face too, before I got out of the laundry room. Only ever happened once, and that was enough!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

2nd sorta date for my husband and I way back when ... we took a friend and her son to the fair in Portland.

We took him on all the rides - everything that his mom couldn't tolerate. The spinny ones. The roller coasters. Everything. We ate junk - hotdogs and nachos and cotton candy. And tons of Coke.

And at the end of the evening my friend says why don't we stay down here and you and [then b/f] go on the ferris wheel together. So we get on the wheel thinking how romantic it is for the two of us together. At the very top ... I lean in for a kiss .. and he turns and barfs over the front bar - onto the people below us.

Ferris wheel comes down, we're asked to get off.

Quel romantic.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote