Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Breakfast Sandwich! :)

I was talking to a co-worker who has decided to start WW Flex after asking me a bunch of questions about my weight loss so far. She has been on WW for about a week and we were sharing some tips with each other (many of them I learned from here). She was talking about hard boiled eggs. She slices on egg up and puts it on a piece of toast and eats it like a sandwich in the morning.

So, this morning I tried it with a few variations. I had some in the fridge ready to grab for a quick snack. I sliced one with my egg slicer, put it on a plate and warmed it up in the microwave (20 sec) while my bread was toasting. Then I put about a teaspoon of sugar free blackberry jam on one slice and sprayed ICBINB on the other slice. Just enough to moisten, probably about 4 sprays. It was awesome!

2 slices Village Hearth wheat bread - 1 pt. (yes, one point for 2 slices!)
1 teaspoon sugar free jam - 0 points (10 calories per teaspoon, 0 fat, 0 fiber)
1 warmed up hardboiled egg - 2 pts
4 sprays ICBINB (I count that as 1 pt - not really sure how many it is)

I really didn't need the butter spray because the jam gave the toast enough moisture so next time I won't use any.

3 or 4 point breakfast sandwich! It was so good - I just had to share that with everyone! Maybe I will use Laughing Cow swiss on it next time... oh the possibilities!

I love that bread - I am thinking of a club sandwich is in the future!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167 / 162 / 135 GOAL

Height: 5'7

sounds yummy!!!
JoDolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

If you are feeling decadent, two slices of Morningstar veggie "bacon" would add just 60 cal. Or, you could just add a slice for a little crunch and have just 30 cal more.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Lemme tell you, laughing cow on an egg sandwich is AWESOME. Add some spinach too if you want.

Instead of slicing up a hardboiled egg, what I do is stick an egg in a nonstick pan, pierce the yolk so it spreads out, and cook that. It's quick and then you have your egg in one piece (instead of cut pieces) so you can grab it and go and not worry about the egg falling out.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #5  

I have some turkey bacon.. wasn't too bad... a little bit of that on it would have been good too! I haven't tried the veggie meat yet... where in the store would one find that?

I use the Laughing Cow cheese wedges all the time on my flatout wraps.. so I figured it would be good on the sandwich too.

That is a good idea Suite.. I am going to have to try that with the egg. Of all the food type stuff I miss the most so far it is breakfast eggs, biscuits & gravy, hashbrowns. I am not at the point where I feel comfortable with myself to not over do if I make that.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #6  

Hm, can't help you on the biscuits and gravy, but I do still make hashbrowns sometimes. You'd be surprised how easily you can make some without a ton of oil. I chop up the potato, stick it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or so until it's just getting soft but still firm, then stick it in the preheated pan with some onion, salt and pepper, and some EVOO or canola oil. They turn out nicely I think I love making breakfast foods!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167 / 162 / 135 GOAL

Height: 5'7

i tried this recipe this morning. YUM! This might become a norm for such low points.....especially if you just use the egg white and take out the yolk, half slice of cheese ...with the high fiber eglish muffin..better than mcdonalds! and you could eat 1 for 2 points!!!
JoDolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Here is what I've been making for DH lately and it takes basically not time at all:

1 Thomas' 100 calorie English Muffin or a lowfat Honey Wheat English Muffin (both are the same points)

6 slices Hillshire Farms Deli Select Ham (or the store brand), or 1 Turkey Sausage piece (cut in half) or 1 piece Canadian Bacon or 1 oz of Light Spam

1 slice 2% Kraft Deli Style American Cheese

1/4 cup Egg Beaters or 1 Egg

heat the meat; if using egg beat it or if using egg betters cook it basically flat in the pan (fold it so that it fits your muffin as you cook -- same with the egg)

top egg with cheese to melt while toasting the muffin.

Put together like an Egg McMuffin.

DH likes the muffin lightly touched with butter or margarine or lightly sprayed with Parkay (or you could use ICBINB) Spray.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #9  

I hadn't thought of taking out the yolk! I don't normally like the hard yolk, so it wouldn't be an issue... great suggestion JoDoice!

Just add strawberries and your milk to that one and it would be a great breakfast... yum..

OOOOOOOOO and a couple of slices of thin deli ham would be good too! That would only be one point!

Then add the spinach.... THAT is a nice breakfast sandwich!

Last edited by Chey; 06-08-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #10  

Inspired by this thread I made myself a nice breakfast sandwich this morning. I toasted 2 slices of high-fiber bread, put a wedge of garlic and herb laughing cow on it, topped with an egg still soft in the middle, spinach, and 3 slices of turkey bacon.

YUM. DH gobbled his up too, though I made his with different bread and 2 eggs.

6 points for the sandwich, a nice filling Sunday breakfast treat
Old 06-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #11  

Suite! This thread is making me hungry. I know what I am going to make for lunch today!

Village Hearth also makes hot dog buns and hamburger buns! 1 Point for a whole bun!!! I was so excited about that envisioning being able to eat my BOCO burger on a whole bun instead of open faced!

I was thinking that using one of the hamburger buns in the place of the toast with a breakfast sandwich would be good too.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

Here's one it may sound strange but it is yummy.

Light english muffin....1pt
1 tbsp peanut butter..2 pts
one oz crisp bacon (abt one and a half slices) 1.5 pts

decadent and delish!
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/183/136

Height: 5'2"

whoops! That is a half of an oz of crisp bacon on that sandwich...but still about one and a half slices.
philadelphiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #14  

Where can I find Village Hearth bread?
Mrs. Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 AM   #15  

I found it at Walmart in the bread isle. They have wheat, 12 grain, and Italian white bread. I buy the wheat and the buns only come in wheat where I get them.

I don't buy any regular bread anymore, just Village Hearth. It was too difficult having 2 loaves of bread open at the same time, and my family doesn't mind the Village Hearth brand.

We did have breakfast sandwiches yesterday on the buns and they were really good. I have some Canadian bacon and I put that on each one. It was a perfect fit (round), both DH and Daughter loved them! I added some hashbrowns to theirs..