Old 06-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 8 June

Hey gals! Well the boards got a bit messed up so I decided to start a new thread. It goes along with my new way of eating. This past week wasn't so great. I think I gained back those 2.5 pounds that I lost !!! But from now on it will be better. I've decided to have a goal. A size 8 by the time I go to Disney at the beginning of September. I think I need a goal in order to get me moving again!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Yes, Lori, goals are good. I was so-so this weekend. Had a great WW dinner on Saturday night, but then had 3 glasses of wine. Doh! I'm trying to do better.

The weekend was good. The show I was in was well-received--SRO (of course it was free!) Golfed on Saturday and played terribly--oh well. Saw a play yesterday--an absurdist one. It was entertaining.

How's everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #3  

Lisa - I know how you feel. I, at the last minute on Friday, decided to go to happy hour... and had 3 drinks as well!

I've been working like crazy. I worked all 7 days last week and my schedule for the next 3 weeks doesn't look all that much better.

At least when I get home today I will have a brand new driveway! The paver called yesterday and said he could do it today. Yippie!

Hello to all our Lifers out there. Stop lurking and start posting!
Old 06-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #4  

Lori, I'll bet the pavers are nice. How do you keep the weeds down? I'm making a new chicken dish on the grill tonight--should be low points.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #5  

Oh no we don't have pavers in the driveway. I meant that the paving company called. We just got an asphalt driveway

It looks nice except for this big chunk of cement that they left in at the end of the driveway and paved right into. DH is actually really upset about it. He's going to make them come back, take it out, and patch the driveway. Actually, the guy never stopped by yesterday to pick up his check so we haven't paid for the work yet

Yesterday was a great OP day!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It seems as if the heat/humidity is finally making an exit. It's been horrible here--temps in the 90's (we've broken a number of records) and the humidity is stifling. Friday I was sick from the heat.

I've been doing much better with my night time snacking (other than last night) and keeping my food journal. Like Lori, I have a goal and am hoping to get to it! I was just thankful that my summer clothes still fit even with the weight gain that I've experienced the past months.

The swelling in my legs/ankles has definitely gone down with the additional HCTZ that I'm taking and it's not harsh so it's doing its job. I should be getting my blood test results soon. I'm scheduled for the echocardiogram next Monday afternoon and then on Tuesday I meet with the PA again.

I had a quiet weekend--DH, DS #2 and I went out to lunch at a Mexican restaurant and I had spinach enchiladas (vegetarian) and they were wonderful. On Saturday evening I made turkey paninis and we watched National Treasure 2 so it was pretty laid back. Sunday we did a bunch of running around and I found new pair of sandals. I've been looking for some flat sandals and so far haven't found anything that works. I think I need a trip to the outlet mall!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #7  

Lori, Whoops, sorry, I thought you meant pavers. Well, your paving company didn't do a good job. I would make them fix it. Hooray for an OP day. I had one yesterday, too.

Melissa, That is quite warm for you up there. I'm glad the swelling has gone down. That has to be frustrating. I've had an echo before and it's nothing. For flat sandals, try Famous Footwear or even Payless Shoes.

I went home early from work yesterday. I accomplished several things and I just decided to go play some golf. It was great. There were thunderstorms 4miles away from us and we played in the sunshine. Took a friend to lunch yesterday (former WW) and she said I inspired her to get back OP. She's gained about 50 pounds. I'm glad I can help somebody, but I need to help myself. Although I keep my activity up, I eat too many sweets.

I wonder where everyone else is?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:58 PM   #8  

PHEW! Those all day meetings are killer! So the driveway guy came yesterday and basically told my husband he wasn't going to fix the problem he left in the driveway and DH told him it was OK. UHM... sorry ... what world are you from, my dear DH, where YOU have to do manual labor to fix the mistakes of someone who we paid to do the work? I'm seriously thinking of calling the driveway guy and telling him to get back to my house and finish the work properly, but I don't want to step on DH's toes. Its really making me VERY mad though. Of course DH paid him yesterday so I think that means we're never going to get the guy to come back.

Melissa - I'm glad you are feeling better. Your weekend sounds like it was fun!

Lisa - I've met a few people who I have inspired to go back to their weight loss program. Isn't that a good feeling, to know that you have inspired someone like that?

Everyone else, come out and post!!!

Last edited by modkittn; 06-11-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #9  

Lori, Yes, what was DH thinking? You can't call the guy now; he's been paid and it would make DH look silly. The best thing you can do is NOT recommend him to anyone else. If you hear of someone needing their driveway asphalt done, say: "I know whom you should not call..."

Did not do well OP-wise yesterday, but today is another day. I'm going to Yoga and Pilates tonight, so that will be good for me.

I was installed as the chapter president of my professional organization last night. So, now the fun begins. First thing I need to do is find my chapter secretary--she did not show for the installation. No one has heard from her. I don't understand irresponsible people.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #10  

Yesterday was a great OP day for me. Here's to another today

Lisa - I already told a friend, who asked me who I used, not to use the guy that I did. Is being president of the organization going to be a lot of extra work for you? It sounds like you keep yourself pretty busy as it is!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #11  

Lori, Good-word of mouth is the best tool. I've always been active in my chapter. I've been on the board as either VP or Secretary 3 other times. This past year, I was the website administrator. Yes, it will mean more meetings, preparing agendas, making decisions, corresponding with the National office, but I'm looking forward to it. We have some great members.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #12  

So much for the respite from the humidity...the temps are starting to climb and so is the humidity. I went out walking over the lunch hour the first time in 4 weeks! I feel so exhausted this afternoon! My allergies are in full swing and I'm not sure what's going on with that but there must be something out there that is really aggravating me. I have the scratchy throat and dry cough...ugh!

On a good note, I was down 1.6# yesterday! I was so relieved because it's been a battle for the past few months. I got the results of my blood work back and everything looks normal (I have my appt. on Tuesday), although my thyroid level seems to have jumped pretty quickly and I'm wondering if that's why my ankles have been swelling. They swelled a little last night so there's no rhyme or reason to what is causing it. I'd love to curl up on my bed for a nap...

Lori: I agree, once the job's been paid for you're not going to get the problem solved. I'd be upset with that!

We're heading into the home stretch for our first orientation...the craziness begins!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:32 AM   #13  

Good morning! I had so many chores to do last night and you know how many I did? 2! Only 2 out of 5. I went grocery shopping and did the finances. So I have 3 more to go tonight (groom cats - nail clipping and brushing, dust and clean the bathroom, empty litter boxes), plus I need to get to the gym. ARGH! Was completely OP yesterday. Very happy about that! Days OP (not including today) = 6

Tomorrow I'm working and then DH and I are driving up to my brother's place in MA for the night. Sunday we're going to my parents for Father's Day and then going to see some bands play in Boston on the way home. Then Monday I fly down to West Palm Beach, and I will be flying back on Thursday. *PHEW* Busy times coming up!

Lisa - I'm glad you are looking forward to it! I couldn't possibly fit anything else into my schedule with the way it has been lately!

Melissa - on your WI! I'm glad your blood work is back to normal. Could your medication cause the ankle swelling? My leukemia meds cause bone pain, muscle pain (in the form of foot cramps!), and headaches. I don't get all of them every day, and they are actually getting less frequent. The worst is when I wake up with a foot cramp in the middle of the night and its super tight!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #14  

Good morning! Another humid day here--temps are already at 79 and we're supposed to get into the mid to upper 80's by the end of the day.

Lori: I know that if you don't get enough thyroid med you can get joint swelling so my thought is that because the TSH jumped from .05 to 1.40 in a 2-week period that could be part of the problem.

I have kind of a quiet weekend--tomorrow morning I'm filling in for someone at the center and the afternoon my favorite beach glass place is having their "Beach Party" & sale so I want to stop by for that and in the late afternoon/evening a friend and I are going out to grab a quick bite and maybe a couple of drinks. I have Sunday off from WW
Old 06-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #15  

TGIF! I am so glad. Tonight DH and I are going to the cast party and we will watch a video of our show last week. On Saturday I hope to play some golf. On Sunday, we're going to dinner with some friends. I hope to go to the beach. It is really hot here. High 80's and humidity.

Lori, Why do you come to West Palm so frequently? Do you get a chance to shop around or are you always working? There are some great stores there and you can walk around and ogle the rich and famous. Congrats to you for being OP 6 days--much better than I. I ran into a scone this morning.

Melissa, Hooray for your loss. I know you've been so frustrated about that. Heat and humidity makes me feel sleepy too. The Beach Party and sale sounds like fun.