Old 05-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default calorie mistake

I ate 2 tiny donut holes this morning. I looked up the calories and about croaked. Just 2 holes is 110 calories. What a big mistake. I could have my eggbeaters with ff cheese for that amount of calories. I am still going to have my eggbeaters omlette. Just started my calories out wrong today. Will have to watch them all day long extra close.
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Ouch. Yeah, it's always a kick in the pants when I look certain foods up after I eat them.

Still, you're already "over it" and choosing to make better choices for the rest of the day! (Instead of, say, eating more donut holes.)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

That's the beauty of calorie counting , you can have those extra treats if you want to give up the calories. I wouldn't be too concerned over 110 calories . tho. They won't do any lasting harm.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #4  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I agree with both...yeah those surprises really stink! But thanks to knowing that you can adjust accordingly. Have a good day! Don't let this set you out to have a bad day!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

It was TOM fault. TOM makes me do things i would never do any other time! I ate my omlette and feel better.I knew that 2 donut holes would not stay with me. I just never eat junk like that!!! I did leave off my toast with my omlette. Not a big deal really just got mad at myself for giving in. I read in prevention magazine that an average bite of food is 25 calories. Well a donut hole is one bite but wow alot more calories and as we know a bite of veggies would be no where near that many calories.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Don't worry...I have seen me stick to my allowance on days where I've cringed from only having say 180 cals left for dinner!

(by the way I would recommend checking calories BEFORE you put things in your mouth, at least then you know if you can change the rest of your food accordingly and not ruin your day)

Last edited by Spoz; 05-21-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I have had many, many surprises like that. Sometimes I don't even think to check the calories, because I'm assuming something couldn't be THAT bad... ha! But, hey, 110 extra calories--just skip a snack later.

Then there was the day I had a sandwich out at a restaurant for lunch... and found out later that I had eaten ALL my daily calories with breakfast plus that sandwich... I wish I could tell you it was a huge sandwich stuffed full of ingredients, but it really looked pretty harmless... Agh!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

110 extra calories can easily be burned off with a brisk walk. Don't sweat it, and be glad it was only 110 calories!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Don't feel bad. Yesterday I had a Krispy Kreme thinking it should be around 200 cals. Nope! 350!!! The plain old glazed are 200. So dinner was LOW cal and no snack last night.
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Isn't it amazing...the calories in two donut holes!! Yikes. But, with calorie counting you can just count it in and carry on. Don't worry. It's eye opening, isn't it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

OMG...I love doughnuts.... No harm done. But I do agree with you, when you think you made a healthy choice or just a "side step" and it turns out you just consumed alot more calories than you thought, I hate that....
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I hate when that happens.. but like everyone has said, at least you can plan the rest of your day to suit it... its not biggy...
This is one reason I switched to calorie counting.. yes I eat lots of veggies and fruits and whole grains, etc... but when I want a bad snack, I can have it and then plan around it.. I don't feel like I've sinned. I don't like the diets that tell you you can't have something... That's why I left the South Beach... to me I wanted my fruit and any diet that tells me fruit is bad and only a few servings a day is not for me... I'll eat what I'd like, thank you very much!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote