Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat ~ May 19th - 26th

Good morning,

Sorry for being MIA, I try to answer lots of posts but can't get around to all of them on each board

How is everyone doing this week? I am going to start walking at lunch... I need to move !!!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I also haven't been in here lately. sorry I'm just too busy. This weekend was full of high school and college graduation ceremonies and senior recognition day at church. we had a breakfast for the 12th graders and their families, along with memory tables and a slide show set to music during church. next weekend is more of the same.

I've had very little time to get on the computer and didn't walk at all last week. Gotta get to it this week

Leenie - where are you gonna walk during your lunch hour? wish we could walk together ;-) it would be fun to walk and chat

I glanced thru last week's thread and have to say that I'm really proud of all the exercising going on exercise if the best medicine for the body and great for the soul too! keep on truckin!

hope everybody has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Morning everyone.

I was rudly woken up this morning, so I'm a little cranky right now. But I can say that I didnt have a panic attack last night. I crawled into bed and fell right asleep!! Woohoo!!

My plans for today is to revacuum (I made a mess last night with all the from the clothes, lol)..and then clean the bathroom. I hate cleaning the bathroom.

Anyways..I'm gonna go get my breakfast on.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Well, I feel in sunny spirits today - not sure whats bring this change on, but I'm grateful. Even my tuna sounded good for lunch today! I hope everyone else is having a good week.

I did not get up and exercise today. I think I might try to get back out to run tomorrow - I've rested my back for a while (um, if you cout marathon yard-work as rest) and really want to get back out there. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hello girls!

I am hanging in there - by a thread - have been painting all day, though it breaks my heart to make my house beautiful just to sell it... ah well, life sends us these trials. I WILL survive this, but I am laying low, as you all know I do... licking my wounded heart.

Hope you are all well -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #6  
Just keep moving ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAngel View Post
it breaks my heart to make my house beautiful just to sell it...
Hi Heather. I understand completely. I can tell myself that that is not what I am doing (I mean, I'm not SELLING it...yet, just swapping it for a year) but I had to do it once before, and I know that in reality thats what I'm doing again. There's really no way I'm going to be able to hold on to it and pay for school. I want to finish a month before I leave - so at least I have that long to enjoy it. I'm so sorry you're going through it too.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Thankfully it looks like the rain has quit so we can get outside and build a fire. Our kitchen is a disaster as we started painting it yesterday. We got half of it done with the idea of finishing it off and then moving everything over to do the other half. I wanted it yellow so that it would be bright and cheerful.....well, its very bright. I hope I like it when we get it all completed and everything back up on the walls. We've lived here for almost 13 years, so everything needs freshening up.

Amarie: I'm loving the new washer and dryer. Its so nice to have the clothes dry in the 50 minutes instead of the two hours it was taking before. So hopefully our hydro bill will lower. Plus with the washer being high efficiency the lower water usage is nice as we have a lagoon system for the septic and its nice not to fill it up, plus we are on a shared well. And I'm really glad to hear that you are feeling really good today!

Aw Heather Its good to hear from you. Take care of yourself.

Leenie and Cathy don't for get to take some time for yourselves!

Hi Hope, shop, mom, Sassy, Denial, Iris and everyone else Hope you are all doing well!

Well I should go, hubby is getting ready to go outside now.

Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! My computer was in the shop for 2 weeks!

I've missed reading about your lives.

jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

We had to spackle the ceiling tonight...what a mess...i have to finish cleaning the carpet tomorrow...But after a week of being here I finally got on the eliptical machine...lord have mercy it is a killer...i have never been on one. All I have is a bike and treadmill. I did like 3 minutes and was like i am done...but I have been doing soo much with moving and unpacking my legs are constantly sore...So I guess I am going to take it slow...I will just keep adding a few minutes each time!! So that was pretty much my day!!! Not much of one!! OH anyone wants to see and good movie watch Ace of Hearts...At the one part i was getting all nervous so I went and grabbed my carrots and munched on them...lata everyone!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

sorry I didnt mean for that picture to be in there...trying to do to many things at once!! sorry..
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:56 AM   #11  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Try to check in tomorrow.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #12  

Unhappy

Hi I am new and just so depressed I don't know what to do with myself.
sugarmama08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Nothing much going on here today, its raining outside... seems to be the norm lately.

Heather I'm sorry. Love you sweetie.

Cathy we walked here on campus.... this place is HUGE!!! No walky today, rain Good for you for being so busy... its a good thing really

Amarie CROSSING FINGERS how are you feeling chicklet?

Francie, how are you doing

Buddly, how come every time I clean, I make an even bigger mess before its clean? what the ??? LOL Yellow is bright and clean and cheery...and I'm sure your going to love it... plus everything matches yellow

Jerz, good to see your back. Whats shakin?

Mom, I can not do our eliptical...its a good one but it always makes my hips feel like they are going to split (like a wish bone LOL), my DH on the other hand had NO problem with it, he can stay on it for an hour like its nothing... oy vey.

Hope good to see ya lovie.... how's every little thing?

Sassy girl... where ya been? come on out and play

Amarie, how's your back? and tisk tisk.. no more yard work until your feeling better (yes, thats easy for me to say LOLOL). I am the biggest offender of doing things I shouldn't when I shouldn't LOL. I remember hurting my back so bad and making my DH go to the store and buy me one of those poles that can grab things because I had to walk SLOWLY around the house and pick things up b/c it was driving me nuts. So there I was with a cane in one hand and that pole thing in the other... barely walking. Felt like Tim Conway as that old man on the carol burnette show LOL.

SugarMama we're glad you joined us. Tell us some more about you. Whats rockin your boat?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #14  
Just keep moving ...

Leenie - at the Tim Conway reference - I can totally see it! You're on a campus? What are you up to now? teehee. My back is feeling ok - sorry, I did not follow doctor Leenie's orders (more gardening last night and yard work this am). Ah well.

sugarmama! Glad to meet you, and look forward to getting to know you better!

Buddly - I remember when I first moved into my first place that I could paint - I really loved that soft lime green color, so I decided I wanted that for my bedroom walls. Only, somehow I totally messed up picking the color and ended up with walls the color of green astroturf. oh my. I think I made it maybe a week before I repainted. Now I'm a beige and cream wall color kinda girl. Anyway, I'm sure your kitchen is MUCH better than my bedroom was, its probably just startling 'cause of the change!

Hi everyone!!!

Gotta run
Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #15  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Quick stop-in. I'm kinda struggling today. TOM should be here any minute. My workout buddy is coming over so that should help some. What am I going to do about myself? (was that out loud? )

Sugarmama: As I just said, I don't know what to do with myself either. Just keep stopping in, you are in good company.

Heather: We miss you!

Jerzy: good to have you back.

Hi to everybody else. Gotta run. May be back later.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote