Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Default kind of went off plan, but realized something

Okay, so Saturday I stayed on my ww plan, kept within my points and so forth.

Sunday, exercised, stayed on plan for breakfast, lunch and even when we went tot he movies I had popcorn with no butter. then came dinner and everyone wanted to go to a mexican restaurant. I must have looked over that menu a thousand times, so i got two beef enchiladas. not great but i counted the points (which I would have never done) and I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day and I drank a lot of water. So better I guess than usual.

I realized that my daughter who is 3 is starting to copy the way my husband and I eat. I always try to make sure she eats healthy but lately because i've been in a rut, It's affected her too. I told my husband this last night and I told him it's time for a change which includes more meals at home. i don't want her to go through what I've gone through my whole life and hopefully she'll appreciate it one day.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes!!! When we cook at home, we get to control everything that we put into our food. We can be much more selective and therefore get lots and lots of healthy food without all the unnecessary, unhealthy CALORIC additives.

Of course there are some healthier options while dining out and it is a nice thing to do "once in a while".

But for the most part, I like to stick to eating at home. The quality is so much better, plus I get to eat waaay more food for waaay less calories. A very good thing in my book.

Good for you for recognizing this while your child is so young. She's surely to reap the benefits of your good decisions and healthy choices.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh yes, I'm with Robin on the benefits of eating at home. You control everything that goes on, you know the ingredients are good, and you know exactly how many calories/points are in there.

Plus, your daughter will not only have good eating habits, she'll have good cooking skills, too! And she'll grow up thinking of restaurant meals as the treats that they are, not quick ways to avoid cooking.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

What a triumph! You made the best choice that you could at the restaurant and you wrote down what you ate. Be proud! That's a difficult step.

You're right. Eating at home is the best choice whenever possible. We know exactly what's in our food, and we're able to control portion.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

yeah, eating at home is really the best choice and I kind of kick myself because I love to cook and eating out was just being lazy. My daughter likes to help me too, so it's good for everyone. Not to mention we save money!!

rockinrobin: do you have any before/after photos. I would love to see them. What an accomplishment 165 lbs!

Last edited by cheeseheader; 05-19-2008 at 11:56 AM.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Yes she does they are in the goal photo album. We are all VERY proud of her!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseheader View Post
yeah, eating at home is really the best choice and I kind of kick myself because I love to cook and eating out was just being lazy. My daughter likes to help me too, so it's good for everyone. Not to mention we save money!!

rockinrobin: do you have any before/after photos. I would love to see them. What an accomplishment 165 lbs!

Thank you so much. It's something I never, ever would have accomplished had I not made the decision to cook most of my meals at home. It's something I still uphold and will always have to. Luckily I enjoy it so much. But for sure, part of that enjoyment is that I get to eat delicious foods (something I was NOT willing to give up, I LOVE to eat) all the while staying perfectly on plan.

As for the pics, I had posted some, (yes, Jasmines' seen them, thanks Jasmine) but recently took them down for personal reasons.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Good job eating mindfully, cheesehead!

After I got over feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't eat out all the time, I realized that I can't even afford to eat in a restaurant that makes food as good as I can make at home! I have really had a lot of fun discovering good and healthy things to eat. It has to be good because anything that makes me feel deprived is not going to work.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #9  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

oh man, we don't go out to eat that often at all... I don't know how people could stay on diet and go out for food more than once a week!!!!!

On another note--- that is a major reason I'm overhauling me and my husband's eating habits and ways of thinking about food... When I have children, I want to have only healthy thoughts and options around--- I don't want them to have these disordered thoughts about food that I have!!!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote