Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Talking W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge - Week 10!

everyone! I'm SO sorry I've been MIA. Kinda busy bee with the move and all. I promise to come back later on this morning and post cause right now, I'm dead on my feet!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

JL, thanks for starting the new thread and hurry back we are all anxious to hear about your move!!

Happy Monday everyone. It's time to start thinking about our new challenge, Memorial day is almost here. I don't know if any of you are interested, but I just started a new long term goal thread with Christmas in mind. Love to see you over there too if anyone is interested in thinking that far out. It's not meant to replace our WEED'y women thread but I need long term motivation too. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142423

Anywho...
here's my weed for today!
W 4L
E going to do a video and 50 upper and 50 lower right now, also throwing in 10 push ups. Maybe even 12 if I can eke them out. Will also be going for 2 mile walk at lunch.
E OP
D No worries, stress is making me fat, need to relax!!!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #3  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning, up and at 'em WEEDers!!!

Here I go again, "motivated" for the 345,543,866,546th time. <Sigh> I've read around here though, not to go by 'motivation' because that comes and goes, but to stick with 'committment', it's more long term. For now, I'm happy to be motivated, but I get the idea. I'm already up, dressed for the gym. Just waiting for Rachel to wake up and we'll be off.

I haven't even gotten a chance to CONGRATULATE Audie on her win, Jeni on her non-strike win, Amy on her NEW HOUSE!, Shari on her move, JenMusic, glad you're safe from the earthquake aftermath! I can't wait to hear about the week in Havasu! And I don't even remember what all else.

OMG the scale went WAY up this morning..... Gotta own up, face reality. I know I did this to myself these last two weeks. WEED up...

W- 4 liters, ABSOLUTE. Not 2.5, not 3...4! DO IT
E- Gym this morning, gym this evening. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's just for today, to kick off the new beginning. Go this morning alone and with DH and the kids this evening. LOTS of cardio. Lower body this morning, Upper body tonight, and abs both times. 10 MMunchies, 10 push ups. GET ON IT ***Bonus points if I take Rachel on the bike path this afternoon before Robert gets home from school.***
E- Need to plan... Breakfast, oatmeal and orange. Lunch, something South beach (wraps or sandwich) with cuppa soup (I've been liking those little Campbells hand held soups, they only have like 90 calories) apples if they aren't brown. Dinner...if the extra lean beef isn't yucky in the fridge (when in doubt throw it out?) make the green pepper soup so I have it for the week. and what...a salad or a baked potato? Grilled chicken? Hopefully no need for a snack, but if I do, make a nice shake with frozen berries. There. Planned. NOW DO IT
D- Think Committment, not Motivation. Has anyone read my MySpace blog on becomming an overall better person? I'm off to write another soon. Post this week on this thread!!!

Be back soon! xoxoxox Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Good Monday Everyone!

Well, after a mega-treat weekend the scales are up this morning. Gotta get back on the WEED!

W- chug
E- Mindful
E- Cardio and maybe some Pilates
D- Take a deep breath
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

scale is up again here too. Last weeks stress eating finally caught up with me at the scale. I am a bit down about it, but I ran 5k again today although it took a bit longer than fridays. ITs okay. I also changed up the incline on the elliptical, didn't go as far but I did work some muscles hard.

Makenna has a fever. It hit her fast. Yesterday we dropped Tommy off at the sitter so we could take Mak to see Narnia we got to the theater and she started whining that her head and feet hurt. We watched the movie, well she fell asleep halfway through it, and by the time we left she felt hot. She ended up with a 101.5 fever. poor baby

Tommy has his EEG tomorrow. It is sleep deprived so we cant let him sleep tonight. I have no idea how I am going to keep him awake. no sugar or caffine after midnight. I hope he takes a late nap. I hope we get some answers.

SO WEED for today
W 120 oz
E 35 minute elliptical (done) 5k run (done) abs and weights if I can
E 1200 cals plan and stick to it!
D take care of my sick baby, housework, grill some chicken for lunch (I got a new bbq grill this weekend I am so excited about it! clean out my car, pack since we are staying overnight near the hospital (an hour away).

Last edited by jcatron243; 05-19-2008 at 10:58 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Shari- Thanks again. I hope we are all going to do a 4th of July Challenge or Labor Day. Something like that. Nurse has recomitted to this weight loss thing. I hope others join her. Let's keep this going.

I put on 2 pounds this week with my friend TOM. Down .6 today, so I hope I am back on track. I know it is water weight because my rings got really tight. Today they are slipping around again. I need to see under 220, on the new scale, so I can go buy some new clothes. I told myself I must wait till I see that number. I only have 2 pair of pants that fit. But I am making myself wait to stay motivated.

Jcat- Take care of those little ones. It is hard to focus on you when your kids need you. Hang tough. I know you can do it.

Grazer- Seems to be the story around here. Le's get back with the program and drop some pounds.

Michelle- Give us the link to your myspace. We'll go read it.

See ya all tom. Hopefully some of our old faithful will have checked in my then.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #7  
One Day At A Time

Hey ya'll, afternoon check in...!

Got to the gym this morning...we have to sign in and out for our cardio machines, so I signed up for the treadmill, the chicky before me, went OVER by at least TEN minutes...but I waited patiently anyways, so when she did finally get off, the girl signed up BELOW me must have thought that was me and getting off EARLY so she popped on....! So I got skipped entirely! One of the ellipticals was open, but I really wanted to walk hills on the tm. grr. So I did my lower body workout, 30 min elliptical, 15 MMunches and left. I went to try to do the bonus points in my WEED, took Rachel to the park so she could ride her bike and I could walk behind her, but 1) it was COLD! and windy, and 2) she wouldn't ride her bike, she wanted to play on the swings and slides. So I stretched while she played. It was overall pretty productive. Then I went over to the Walmart to stock up on SB stuff and some produce. So far so good, on plan.....

Jeni I have NO idea how to keep Tommy awake all night long!!! What is the cutoff time for napping? Like maybe he can sleep from 7p-12m and keep him up from midnight on? Somehow let him sleep til the last possible moment then he'll feel like he woke up from a "nap" and play from 12m-6am or whenever you have to be there....? Good luck guys! That should sufficiently screw up tomorrow's sleep/wake pattern too. Are you off for a few days over this test so YOU can get caught up on your sleep? Or is DH staying up with him? Taking turns? Poor Makie too, probably you'll ALL be up all night, between Tommy and nursing a fever. I don't envy you, baby!

I think this is the link to my Myspace, I hope it's not set to private.... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=78169069

Well I better get some housework in before Robert gets home from school. Be back later....xoxox
Old 05-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #8  
One Day At A Time

Oh wait, I wanted to talk about this TOM thing....it never was a problem for me because I've been on the Depo shot for four years now....since I had Rachel, minus the time I was on the patch and it made my hair fall out. But Friday morning after work .........(TMI warning, ahead)..... I got home and I was a mess! It came really heavy all weekend and I didn't know what was going on...I hadn't had a real period in over five years. I wasn't exactly worried about it, but I was like, what the heck? So I called to Doc Monday morning and the nurse who took my call was like, yeah? so? Like it wasn't any big deal that for the first time in five years, I was suddenly bleeding, cramping, clotting. Eventually she was like, whatever, I'll let the doctor know. I mean, really? She didn't have to be a total you-know-what! later she called back to say that you can start bleed after prolonged, but appropriate, use of the Depo shot. But just to be sure, set me up for an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have any fibroids or cysts or whatever. So I went for that last Thursday (turned out to be a 'two part' ultrasound, if you know what I mean, how unpleasant) and haven't heard back yet. But the bleeding has stopped but!??!? WTH? If I can look foreward to having that problem again, I'll just get off that shot, since I am sure I gained at least some of this weight because of it, and it certainly doesn't help me LOSE any weight. Mike is all about getting the big V...so it would be nice to not have to worry about ANY birth control (at my age).....but now I get to look foreward to that as part of the challenge. Not to mention how irritable I've been lately.

Thanks for listening! Check in later! xoxoox
Old 05-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #9  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies!
For those of you who didn't know, I did florals for a hawaiian wedding for a friend of a friend.....they turned out beautifully. I will post those on photobucket tonight when i'm done with school stuff.

I haven't talked to the scale in forever. I got tired of it telling me i was overweight. I thought i was having a better day eatingwise.....i hope I can maintain this.

Nchelle and all of you thanx for the good vibes on the house. When housewarming comes around you're all welcome to come

I bought Devin Alexander's Most decadent diet ever book a few weeks ago. I made the vanilla breakfast sundae today.....it was good. I grilled a chicken breast this morning and cut it in half and brought it for lunch. Chopped it up for salad.

I need water! lots and lots of water! and motivation!

I made an A on that last class. I can't believe it LOL

Ok gotta run back to work...i hope i can get personals out soon enough.....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Michelle, they didn't give me a cut off time, they just told me not to let him sleep. No sugar no caffine after midnight.
My plan:
Today NO NAP at 100
600-Tommy sleeps on the drive there (a good hour) I am hoping that he will stay asleep but it isn't likely.

Check into hotel at 7ish then go to dinner.

800 back at hotel, try to coax tommy to sleep 800 -1200. wake Tommy up and watch a video for an hour or so
play-doh
bath
legos
bath
coloring
play-doh
story
shower to wash his hair
letters and numbers
shapes and colors

6am go find a sugar free breakfast but out of the hotel room
7 head to the hospital and get checked in
800 listen to tommy scream while the attach the electrodes.....

I have Tuesday and Wednesday off of work. Start back on thursday. I hope things work out dreading Tommy and Mak's schedule getting thrown off.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Jcat - Wow! That's going to be intense for you and your little guy. I really hope you get some answers!

Just doing a quick WEED post for today, I'll try and be back later for some personals.

W - 2L+
E - Healthy, clean, whole foods. And stop eating when the meal is over!
E - Popping in a TJ video in about 10 minutes.
D - Do this, because I feel better when I'm exercising and eatin right.

Have a good day!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Just a Quick Hi - off to the Y for dd10Tessie's Swim Class - come back & chat later WEED'ies!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jen Our thoughts are with you and Tommy today.

JenMusic- how are your kids doing, did the little girl hear from her folks?

HT- looking forward to the flowers! I bet they were gorgeous.

Aud- How's it going, sounds like you are doing well. Are you back to work?

MTiger, Michelle & Grazer, I agree with the getting it together focus. We can do this, we are focused, we are woman, we are gonna be hot!

W 4L
E OP, in the process of writing that plan down.
E 50 & 50 of those darn crunches, 12 push ups (did 10 yesterday) a video, later a walk at lunch (2 miles) and then maybe some treadmill time tonight, need to kick up the cardio.
D I can do this. Nothing through my lips that is not OP.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #14  
One Day At A Time

G'Morning gals! Just sitting here trying to map out my day. I work tonight 7p-7a and the same tomorrow, should I get up here and go to the gym, or go back to bed (like I usually do)??? I don't want to be tired tonight, but we all know that the exercise gives me more energy. I am pretty sure I can go to the gym at 9am, get home around 10:30 shower do some laundry,etc and still get to rest 12n-3p then get Robert from school. I keep thinking I won't nap if I exercise. But then that sounds like EXCUSES. So I'm 75/25 leaning on to the side of GOING.

Hey Amy, I think Wii Fit comes out today!!! My presale ticket said expected delivery 5/20-5/25...I think I'll call before heading out there though. DH says he read it will be in tomorrow. I can't wait!

W-4-5 liters, work overnight tonight so more than usual
E- Gym, cardio, upper body, abs, cardio, Wii fit!??!?!
E- breakfast: banana and Fiber One cereal, lunch something South beach with leftover green pepper soup. Dinner lean pork chops, steamed corn on the cob and salad. Snack apples and string cheese or oatmeal depending on how hungry I get....work time dinner, SB and green pepper soup, veggie salad? morning snack apples or oatmeal whichever I didn't eat at the 9pm snack.
D- Eye of the tiger, Rocky theme song, WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE.

Got Jeni and Tommy on my mind today, I wonder how they stayed up all night? Then I realized my kids would probably be so excited! Robert is NOT a sleeper.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

WII FIT YAY! WII FIT YAY!

sorry i got excited LMAO

I think I might go buy it after work. I need to hit costco for stuff. hopefully i can get some veggies and maybe some steak for the weekend. It'll just be me and the dog as usual. DH will be gone, and most likely I'll be the only one to sign papers on the house. Sheeeeeeeeeesh!

I need to find a way to stick to plan after work. I also need to make some good snacks for today. Any ideas?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote