Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Starbucks discontinues sugar-free mocha syrup :(

I heard about it in another thread and sent an email to Starbucks to confirm - it's true!!

Hello Glory,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Unfortunately, the sugar-free mocha has been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We will share your desire for this item to be reintroduced into our retail locations with the appropriate individuals within our company.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or call (800) 23-LATTE to speak with a customer relations representative

I don't know I care so much - but this makes me so depressed. I really liked the tall skinny mocha (better than my old stand by, the sugar free cinnamon dolci latte). With all of the terrible fattening drinks at Starbucks and EVERYWHERE else, is it too much to ask to have a little selection for reasonable drinks??
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

What's their logic for discontinuing it? I agree, Glory, with all the 600-800 calorie Starbucks selections, the least they could do is keep one of their most reasonable options in rotation

Didn't they just have this "forum" thing where people could make suggestions? Like, where's the stinkin' lemon for my tea?!?! I wonder if it had anything to do with that...

Last edited by junebug41; 05-16-2008 at 04:49 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It is probably more to do with sale numbers. Lots of people wont be thinking about calories or sugar when drinking their coffee!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

That is a bummer. The sugar-free mocha was my favorite syrup. I was really excited to see Starbucks offering so many flavors of sugar-free syrup, what a disappointment that they are cutting back.

I always get really bummed when companies discontinue the products I've come to rely on. I felt the same way when Trader Joe's eliminated their light chevre and when Penny's Low-Fat Muffins eliminated their 100-calorie muffins. I'll send an email to Starbucks asking that they add it back--maybe if they get enough emails, they'll bring it back.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #5  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Didn't they just come out with this SF Mocha syrup like 3 months ago?
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #6  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 195/See ticker/125

Probably wasnt popular enough...
Sunnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Wonder how they'll like it when we ALL email!!!

Maybe we should start a new thread trying to drum up support for a big email... maybe even we could all try to send on a certain day or two and BOMBARD them!!

I would love to also do it to Trader Joes - We could request Barbara's cheese and spinach tofu egg rolls for me (they are the BEST and I miss them!!!). Everyone I knew who shopped TJs, bought them regularly.... I found it tough to believe that they weren't popular enough!

Oh... and also the stone ground MINI crackers... another item that my mom and all my friends regularly bought.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
Maybe we should start a new thread trying to drum up support for a big email... maybe even we could all try to send on a certain day or two and BOMBARD them!!

I would love to also do it to Trader Joes - We could request Barbara's cheese and spinach tofu egg rolls for me (they are the BEST and I miss them!!!). Everyone I knew who shopped TJs, bought them regularly.... I found it tough to believe that they weren't popular enough!

Oh... and also the stone ground MINI crackers... another item that my mom and all my friends regularly bought.
I'd do it. I've already emailed TJ's about the cheese, which is how I learned that the discontinued it due to low sales. If sales weren't high enough, I think that it's due to a failure of marketing on their part. If they had featured the cheese in their flyer and in a recipe in their taster stand, I'm sure sales would have increased quite a bit--that cheese was fabulous. Probably the same thing goes for the egg rolls and mini crackers.

The same things goes for Starbucks--if they had put the kind of effort into marketing all the SF syrups that they put into marketing the FF SF Cinnamon Dolce Latte, I'm sure sales would have picked up.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

We LOVED the light chevre from TJs, but only found it a month before it was discontinued -- stumbled on it, really.

It went really well with the mini rye crisp crackers....
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote