Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/169/115

Height: 5'2"

Default Suddenly noticed some differences

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but tonight for the first time I've really noticed differences now that I've nearly lost a stone.

Firstly, I met my husband after work to buy a few things from the supermarket. When we were walking up the hill to the train, I suddenly realised that I was almost at the top of the hill, but my legs didn't hurt and I wasn't out of breath - usually I get half way up and start complaining.

Secondly, I looked in the mirror tonight to fix my hair parting and realised that there's a **** of a lot of weight gone from my face. Suddenly my face doesn't look puffy any more, my eyes don't look small and piggy any more, and my lips are totally beestung It's been impossible to move me from the mirror ever since, and it's still true, it wasn't just a happy angle!

The third thing I only realised when I started writing this post. I'm sitting cross-legged on the sofa in my favourite jeans, and usually they dig into the back of my knees and feel taut across my thighs. Tonight, they hardly feel that they're there.

These weren't scheduled or anticipated goals, but my god it feels good. I need one more pound to lose my first stone, but I don't think it'll feel as good as these three revelations Bring on the next stone!!

Thanks for letting me hijack this forum for my unexpected goal
tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #2  

Even happier now, as I weighed myself this morning and have lost an extra pound, so I'm down my first stone. It feels great
Old 05-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #3  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

That's great, seeing all those changes! I'm happy for you, way to go!
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #4  

Aw, thanks Heffalump, that's really kind of you! You're doing brilliantly yourself, by the way - congratulations to you!
Old 05-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations, that must have felt WONDERFUL!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #6  

Thanks Tyler You're another one whose weight loss I look at and envy, hope I can catch you up someday!