South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Wake-Up Call

I was expecting to wake up to rain today. We may get a few showers later, but nothing like what they were forecasting.

I'll be off to Curves as soon as they open, then spending the rest of the day making sure I stay on track. I've been really struggling a lot here lately, and I can't figure out why. My will-power has been zilch! It's been making me feel tired and depressed, and I have got to snap of out it. This is very out of character for me.

Okay, that's enough of the depressing talk. Sorry. On a good note, Caitlyn has two back-to-back proms this weekend, and it's been fun watching her get ready for them. She found a pair of the cutest heels yesterday, and they'll be perfect for both proms. She's trying to decide whether to wear her hair up or down, and is searching for the perfect earrings to wear. Oh, to be young and carefree again!

So how is everyone today?
Old 05-15-2008, 06:06 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage! On the willpower...you can do it...you can, you can, you can!!!! Bribe yourself with a new pair of shoes or a facial or whatever. I know it is hard sometimes. I've been trying to stay away from night eating and it's rough. Thank goodness for sugar free popsicles. I know my night hungries are from boredom. When I stop working, I get bored and antsy. Are you craving stuff or just plain old hungry in general??? How about ordering a new exercise program to do at home along with curves? Maybe you are just bored with the same routine?

It is supposed to rain all day here and also tomorrow. We had an unreal storm yesterday evening. I was thinking of Mandy driving home with a rip in her car top and hoping she got home and picked up her other car before it came down. My new camera has a video thingy on it, so I decided to grab it and film the storm. It's a big file so it may take some time to load...but be sure to turn on your speakers. Boom, boom boom! It got worse after I took this video. Everything around our house flooded, but it went down by this morning. I was out on the patio after I took this and some lightening hit VERY close to the house and scared the tar out of me.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-15-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheesh, Cat, that was some storm. Hershey barked at the computer when I played it. She isn't afraid of t-storms but objects to thunder.

Cottage, I know what you mean about not being in the groove. I'm struggling too. I'm too tired at the end of the day to cook and ended up with pizza last night. Let's both do better today.

I'm wiped this morning after a hugely busy Hump Day. Lots got done but I was still out there potting plants at 7:15. Today will be a bit better.

This morning I work packing the Good Food boxes and distributing them. Claire and I are lunching and then I have a Family Council meeting at Harry's nursing home. Late afternoon and evening will be devoted to baking prep for the Church sale. (I get cookie dough and pie stuff ready to roll for the evening before marathon.)

Right now, I'm going to take my coffee and have a soak in a hot bath. It'll either perk me up or send me back to sleep for an hour or so. I may have overdone it a bit yesterday. Whine! Whine!

The lily of the valley is starting to bloom and the lilacs are smelling wonderful. Did I even mention that I love May?

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-15-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning ladies.

i woke up at 4:30 to two women having sex in my bedroom. DH left the TV on one of the premium channels that goes adult at 3 am... LOL. my rule is nobody but me has sex in my bedroom... but i was up and showered by 5:15 so I was at work by 6:00 so I can leave by 2:30 if i so desire (i'll probaby stay till 3:30) then i'll hit the gym and then home.

i still have to find time to get a manicure and a pedicure....

today is a busy day at work it's the day i mass mail my laptop users to remind them to update their laptops.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nessa, you slay me!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Nessa, you slay me!

I try!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - I went through that a couple of weeks ago too. Wonder what it is about spring?! I found the silly little chart with the smilies on the bottom actually helped. Just knowing I had to be accountable publicly, even if no one else looks at it, made a difference. You can do it!

Cat - I both love and am impressed by storms. Glad nothing too serious happened.

Ruth - Heck, I was tired reading your list for yesterday I love the smell of lilacs. They remind me of my grandma (she loved her lilacs - the gardening thing is definitely genetic). Hope your hot bath was helpful

Nessa - I think that's a perfectly reasonable rule Enjoy that manicure and pedicure. I really admire your ability to prioritize pampering yourself.

Me - Last official day at work before a 10 day vacation. Of course I already scheduled a meeting for tomorrow afternoon and have a couple of projects I will end up finishing up at home too, but no more office for 10 days. It's dreary and rainy. I just hope it clears up when we go to Maine.

I'm stuck in another one of my two week scale ruts - up and down and back up and down. Grrrrr

Have a good, dry day!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:06 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

oh Cyndi a nice vacation... i don't even have 10 days to use right now.. ugh.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:09 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks Nessa. Wish I could share with you - as of 4/1 I had 17 days I had to use by the end of June. It's so much work to take time off I always end up with a chunk at the end of the year. Next week will be 4 days in Maine so no work at all!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 AM   #10  
On my way back to goal!

S/C/G: 218/201.5/140

Height: 5' 2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
morning ladies.

i woke up at 4:30 to two women having sex in my bedroom. DH left the TV on one of the premium channels that goes adult at 3 am... LOL. my rule is nobody but me has sex in my bedroom...
ladybugnessa,

Thanks for the laugh! What a great way to start a Thursday morning!

on you rule...I'm waiting for the Dr. to OK that I can have sex in my bedroom (or anywhere else for that matter ) - had a hysterectomy and my 6 weeks post op aren't up until next Friday (providing at check up next Friday that Dr. says all is healed up) !

To hear DH talk though, you'd think the Dr. had it out for him!

MariSue
Old 05-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #11  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Mornin Ladies!!!

Sorry...don't have much time for personals this morning...hope everyone is well!

Cat....HOLY COW....that storm yesterday. Thanks for thinking of me...I did make it home just in time....got the wrangler in the garage and to the dealership to pick up the liberty then literally put it in park with lightening popping all around me. Ran inside (literally) let the dogs in the backyard, picked up my camera and start snapping pictures!!! I wasn't lucky enough to get any pics of lightening, but man, the clouds were so impressive!!! Took a small video of the storm and watched it this morning....WOW.....just when I thought the worst of the lightening was passed...a bolt came down just over the fence in the backyard....that was the loudest noise i've ever heard!!!

Looks like we're in for more of the same this morning....trying to get in motion so I can outrun it driving to work!

Have a good one girls!!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:44 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Wow, it is storming again and is even worse than yesterday's "event". Mandy, be careful on the road to Franlinton (if you are daring to go). Just heard on the news 2 schools here are closed because of flooding. We got almost 6 inches in a little over an hour last night and it's BAD right now, but the news said it will get worse within the next hour.

Ah, Mandy, we were posting at the same time. We must have been outside at the same time when that HUGE lightening popped in. I'm not scared of storms and even stayed out on the patio during most of Katrina,,,but after that lightening hit yesterday, I ran to go tee-tee!!!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-15-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:52 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

that storm is headed this way i hear....
Old 05-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #14  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Well crap...alrite ladies, you might want to skip this post, because it likely will not make much sense, but if I don't vent, I'll snap!!!!! (And apparently I haven't left yet...stupid me washed all of my scrubs last night, and guess where they were???? The washing machine...thought I had put them in the dryer, but nope.....ah well...gives the weather time to pass)

Alrite, so I've been friends with a guy friend of mine for quite some time now. Well the other day he called me and asked if he could come over because he wanted to talk. No problem....come on over. Well he gets here, we have this long conversation through which he tells me he's been attracted to me for months as more than a friend, but had been afraid to tell me. So we talk about some major issues (the distance between us, his ex-wife, his job, etc etc). Through that we see that there is room to compromise....and I FINALLY admitted that I felt the same way. You have to understand though, that it takes a LONG time for me to admit that I"m attracted to someone, or interested to them...but when I do...that means that I've let them in and am vunerable for them to hurt me. So this guy works offshore and he called the night after we had our talk and everything was fine. Then he called me last night. Drama from the ex-wife...turns out that she had an abortion while they were married and never told him about it until yesterday. Why?? I haven't a clue. But as I'm talking to him I hear the hurt and pain in his voice (I can't even begin to imagine his thought process). So we talk for a little while and then get off of the phone. I sent him an email last night trying to say words of comfort (if there are any) and just now checked my email and had one from him. Basically he told me that "i'm a great friend" (wow...haven't heard that before), but that when he says he has no heart, he will never again give his heart to anyone. That he doesn't want to hurt me and is sorry that he involved me in his drama filled life and that he hopes that I can truly understand why he wants us to remain just friends.

NOW....I can understand he's going through pain, and I don't mean to sound like a calus B****....but GOODNESS. I'm way too old for all this crud, and yes I'm 28...but still...I'm just ready for a stable, healthy relationship. I think he's a great guy and I actually hurt because he's going through all of this....but at the same time I guess I"m being selfish because I am upset for myself. That I'm once again, just the "friend, awesome girl, anyone would be lucky....BLAH BLAH BLAH"

As you've guessed....I'm single....hahahaha....so if anyone knows anyone tall, gainfully employeed (don't care what he does...just as long as he has a freakin JOB, and relatively stable.....send him my way!! haha

Sorry ladies....thanks for listening!!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yes, it is and we just got the basement dried out. Yeesh Cat, that's headed for us? You and Mandy stay dry today! When I was a kid my family would run out onto the porch to watch the thunderstorms. I remember when my SIL started coming around, she thought we were crazy.

Good morning chiclets. I can feel the storm coming because my head is achey. I have hardly had any problems with headaches since SBD, but I was a little low on water the last couple of days. That'll teach me.
I just realized they added Bravo channel to our dish lineup, so I stayed up late watching Top Chef. It's on all day today too, so I'll have to resist the temptation. I am so excited for Project Runway in July. I love that show and usually never get to watch it. It will help get me through until the next season of Survivor in the fall.
You guys made me curious about my leave so I just looked it up. I've got almost 7 weeks on the books. I should go somewhere!

Nessa, I'm sure DH would love to wake up to that!
Alright, Cyndi, go look up the definition of vacation!
Hi marisue!
Sorry I missed you cottage and ruth, had to run off to handle a mini-emergency (lost shoes)! Hope you ladies have a great on-plan day!
Aw, mandy, it's hard, but you don't want any guy, you want the right guy. Sorry he's taking his time showing up, but he will. You are young!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 05-15-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Closed Thread