PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2002, 01:30 AM   #1  

Default PCOS question, I'm new here

HI all
I am new here, this is my first post.

A little history, I am 35, was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 22, after many years of clomid and pergonal, I have two wonderful children.
On Dec 14 2001 I had a total hysterectomy with ovaries removed. My pathology reports came back saying that I had pre cancer in both ovaries and uterus, so I know having them removed was the right choice.

So my question is, now that the ovaries are gone, (my understanding is that I still have pcos even though both my gyn and my gp said no more worries about it now the ovaries are gone) do I still have pcos, and what am I to do to convince my doc that yes I still have this? I am having a very hard time right now with my weight, could it be my hormons, I am on HRT and it seems to be working ok. I have so many sweet cravings its nuts.

I hope someone can answer my questions, if you can figure them out I am sorry if I have confused you.
Thankyou in advance for your replys.
Newfie aka Denise
Old 03-11-2002, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hello!

Unfortunately, your ovaries and uterus don't cause PCOS and even though they are gone, and the symptoms that come with them, you still run risks from PCOS. Some of the posts here deal with all the things that go wrong with PCOS. Read up and maybe print some stuff off to take to the Dr. with you. Good luck!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:32 AM   #3  

Thank you Sherri
I will do that. I know that my weight problem is my pcos for the most part. And I am at risk for diabetes. So I want to do something now so that I don't have to deal with that later down the road.

Hugs to you
Denise
Closed Thread