Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Default What do you all eat???

Ok so most of you if not all of you read my post that i was so upset that after my first week at WW i gained a pound. I still feel like i am not losing weight. i get 32 points per day, i am now getting them all in but i feel like a total failure right now.

What do you guys eat a day for your points? Does anyone here eat about the same points per day and if you do what do you get by on?

Thanks all!!

P.S. did weigh myself today and scale still didnt move..

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Shannon,

I do remember reading your previous post, though I don't think I responded.
Are you getting in enough water? I'm sure someone has already suggested that, but it is pretty key. Either way, I am certain that if you follow the plan, you will lose. And it can be shocking when the weight falls off, it can sometimes do so in large chunks...and then you plateau....and then you lose....and so on...so keep at it!

As for my daily menu (though I only get 20 pts a day, and I have a VERY hard time with that!):

Breakfast is usually 4 pts, either some high fiber cereal with almond milk, or an egg and toast.

Lunch: often a 5 pt salad, or a frozen WW meal

Snacks are usually pretzels and fruit, totalling about 4 pts.

Dinner: Changes a lot. Usually something for about 5 or 6 pts, and then some fruit or no-fat fro-yo.

You can also figure in a glass of wine or two (you better believe I'm eating all my FPs!)

Good luck!!!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

You might find some good ideas in the Menus/Planning/Accountability threads, where we generally share our daily menus.

For 32 points, this is what I think I would do:

B: 1/2c oatmeal cooked in 1/2c 2% milk, with splenda and cinnamon, and a hardboiled egg (5)
S: low-carb tortilla with 1 tbsp peanut butter spread on it and a banana rolled up inside (5)
L: salad with 3 oz chicken, 1/4 avocado, vegetables, 1 tsp olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar, orange (6)
S: 1/2 cup low-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup fiber one cereal (2), 1 oz. nuts (4)
D: 1 c rice, stir-fried veggies of choice, with 3-4oz. meat of choice sauteed in 1 tsp olive oil (8)
S: dessert item - no pudge brownie, WW ice cream, fruit, etc (2)

That adds up to 32 and I think gets in the WW guidelines - though I may be missing the dairy by a bit. It certainly looks like a good menu to me.

As you lose points, you can keep the basic structure and just adjust accordingly - lower fat dairy, smaller portions of carbs (like 1/2c rice at dinner, or only 1/2 banana in the morning snack).

Hope that gives you a couple of ideas.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I do the same as Shrinkinglizzy. I try to eat more than half of my points before supper, and snack less in the evening. Remember to get in your protein every day. I eat a lot of fruit and veggies. For lunch I usually have a whole can of soup (campbells vegetable) made with about 2/3 can of water, because that's all the bowls at work will hold, and it's quite filling, delicious, and uses up some vegetables. I also have fat free fudgicles and 1 pt. mini bars. (I have to add that I'm still not doing very well, only lost 4 pounds in 5 weeks, but I weigh in tomorrow.)
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #5  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

hi all and thanks for the replys.. i guess my biggest problem is i do not like many veggies, i eat broccoli, green beans, cauliflower and potatoes and corn but that is about it when it comes to veggies. I dont like any other and i cannot stand lettuce. So me making salads is out of the question.

I will keep working at it but i was just wondering what you all eat. Again i appreciate your replies as always!!

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 PM   #6  

Well if you're trying to get points in the veggies don't work well anyway for that

Make yourself a sandwich using whole-grain bread (not low-fat or weight watchers kind, you can afford the points). Have tuna salad or chicken salad or something on a yummy hearty bread and a can of soup for lunch! Or make extra of what you eat at dinner and take that along - you could make a meatloaf and mashed potatoes and broccoli at night, then have that again the next day for lunch. There are tons of options!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

I get 26 POINTS, hate most veggies, and this is what I ate today:

Mini Bagel and Cream Cheese 2
Diet Cran-Grape Juice 0 (2)

Chicken Noodle Soup 3 (5)
Crackers 2 (7)
Light Cheese Stick 1 (8)
Yogurt 2 (10)
Sugar Free Jello 0

Chicken Pasta Salad 9 (19)
Cake 4 (23)

Snacks were some Saltines 2 (25) and a Brownie 1 (26)

By adding some protein to breakfast like a hard boiled egg and a more substantial snack in there like nuts, you'd have the 32 POINTS that you are shooting for. If you like nuts eat them now, I can't fit them into my day most of the time now and they're a great snack. If the scale isn't moving look at things that you may be adding to foods or the "bites, licks, and tastes". Are you measuring your food? I'm a terrible eyeballer, even after doing this for so long. Also, you may want to re-evaluate how many POINTS you are eating. I weigh 206 and I'm eating 6 fewer POINTS a day. It may not seem like a lot, but it's 300 calories a day. I was eating 29 and not losing, so I scaled back a few and have seen great results from that.

Best of Luck!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

I know you said you don't like the idea of having a salad, but do you like spinach, like saute your veggies, in a tsp or two, of evoo, and right at the end adding 3cups of baby spinach to your veggies, they reduce alot when they cook down, they make a really nice side dish to anything that you are eating. Very tasty in your morning eggs or with your protein. What is it about salads that you don't like, there are alot of differant things you can add to your greens to perk up a salad, and by adding a few spices to just o/v you can make a delicious dressing. Veggies and fruits are not high points, yes even some veggies have pts that you must use, like corn, peas, beans, but they do bulk up your meal, help you stay full longer.

I know with me I have to watch my salt intake, and be very mindful of that hidden salt in everything. Also be sure you are getting in all your water, super important.

Just a personal suggestion, don't let that scale be the only thing you count on. It only tells you a small part of your success, how do you feel after a week of eating healthy? Those pounds will come off, maybe slower than you hope, but if you stick with it, they will. Good Luck, and let us know how things are going for you.
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #9  
Will never quit

S/C/G: 202.6/198.2/145

I see that you like broccoli. Make a broc. salad for lunch. Use lots of broc. cut up small, red grapes (cut in half), dressing (lite mayo, vinegar, tiny bit of sugar) and sprinkle on some nuts or sunflower seeds and you have a no lettuce salad. It isn't point free but it isn't really high either.
aarron is offline   Reply With Quote