Old 05-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 12 May

How is everyone and where are you all?!

My weekend was great! Saturday I didn't do much, but Sunday I dug out 1/2 of the patio area in the back yard about 2" deep. It needs to be about 5" deep total before we can start putting in the gravel, stone dust, and stone. So many more weekends of digging to come! My lower back is hurting today because of it!

Eating has been OK. I haven't been tracking points at all, but eating when I'm hungry and eating healthy. I haven't even stepped on a scale. But my clothes are saying that everything is OK. Maybe I gained a couple pounds, but thats OK. The plan is to maintain right now so unless I become uncomfortable in my clothes I figure I'm OK. Trying to avoid the scale for a while.

Lisa - That symphony sounds wonderful! I would love to do something like that. Not DH's cup of tea, though

Jane - I just need to do some cleaning in the basement. We are starting to get piles of "stuff" down there that we just don't need. I've been saying since November that I need to sort things out, but it never seems to get done!

Hello to everyone else!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Thanks for starting the thread, Lori. I had a great weekend, but we won't discuss food. Let's just say that there was a chocolate fountain at the brunch we took my mother to and, of course, at the symphony concert, I HAD to eat the chocolate chunk cookies. The concert was wonderful. We were sitting in our chairs or blankets and listening to the beautiful music. The moon was out. We were sitting right on the field where the Tampa Bay Bucs play.

Work is still crazy. Argh...
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #3  

Wow everyone must be really busy lately!

Yesterday I was absolutely exhausted. I barely made it through the day at work. I thought I was going to have to take a nap when I got home, but I ended up just going to bed early. Still in one of mu "funks" from the medication.

Tonight I need to go to a town council meeting. We have a technical institute that abutts our property. The parking lot is actually right on the other side of the fence in our backyard. Well apparently they want to put an addition onto the building and it won't fit in the setbacks that the town set. We actually welcome the addition if it means that people can't park their cars right near our yard (VERY loud music, trash in our yard all the time, etc). Well all we are really worried about with the addition is privacy, so we will ask that they plant evergreen trees behind the building so that people can't sit in the building and look into our house or back yard. It should be interesting.

Hope you're all having a great day!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:02 PM   #4  

Lori, Sorry about your funk--hope you're doing better today. Good luck with the town meeting. I've been involved in my town doings recently because our gas station wants to sell out to Walgreens and we just don't want a Walgreens in our town. It's been a real battle.

Did better today with my food intake. I sent out 3 proposals yesterday, so today is a lot calmer.

It's so sad around here--75 homes have burned down from brush fires, some of my coworkers.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 AM   #5  

So I was wearing some clothes that I pulled out of my basement a while back when I had gained about 8 pounds back. Well I was wearing those again, so I didn't have to pull anything ELSE out. It got me thinking, and yesterday I got on the scale and - yep! I'm about 7 pounds over my goal. So its back to planning and stuff. I'm sick of the "up 5-7 pounds, down 5-7 pounds" cycle, so once I lose this time I'm still going to have to journal and plan. I think thats my problem is once I get down to the goal weight I think I can just "wing it" when in reality I can't!

Oh and tonight I get to book my Disney vacation. Yay!

Lisa - I just read today that they think arson was involved in those fires. How horrible And with all of the other natural disasters that have happened lately... there is just not a lot of "happy news" lately.

Last edited by modkittn; 05-14-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! Sorry I've been "MIA"--it's been busy. Work is gearing up and we had a lot going on this week. I'm part of a support staff group and we had our meeting on Tuesday and then we were getting people together to go to a benefit for a women's group that helps women get back on their feet and provides them with a "working wardrobe". Our organization has been looking for this type of organization to help. They are having a luncheon next Tuesday called a "Purse and a Pearl Luncheon"--each guest is asked to bring a new or gently used purse with a "pearl" of wisdom or word of encouragement to be placed in the purse for the recipient.

My weight is a whole other issue--the past two weeks I've managed to go up almost 3# and am now 5# over my WW goal which is so disheartening. I'm feeling somewhat better although I've been having issues of my ankle (left) swelling and achy joints and I'm not sure what that's all about. I go next week for my blood work for my thyroid and am curious to see how my levels are. I've had a bit more energy which is good.

I'm off today and Friday and have no major plans. Saturday I'll be heading to the "Highland Games" which is always fun. I'm looking forward to a halfway quiet day tomorrow. I have so much stuff to get done around the house and just haven't had the energy/ambition to tackle them!

Lisa: The fires down there are terrible--I can't imagine having to leave my home knowing that fire is going to engulf it. How sad for those who have lost their homes/belongings; I guess it shows it can always be worse.

Lori: I think we all get into that same mindset that once we've reached our goal and get comfortable that we don't have to continue to journal, plan, etc. when in reality we have to continue with the same things that got us to our goal. I've been tracking/measuring etc. and haven't had any results and thus have basically gotten to the point of "who cares" which is not a good place to be! I certainly don't want to stay where I'm at, although I have to say that my clothes are still fitting although not as loose.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #7  

Lori, Sorry about the gain. Yep, I'm in the same cycle you are up and down. Discouraging.

Melissa, You're still having swollen ankles? I'm so sorry. Gosh, you've had a rough go. The Highland games sound like fun.

There are still fires, but not as bad. They did catch one guy, but they believe there are more.

This weekend I'm playing golf with DH. Have a wedding that I'm coordinating at my church. On Sunday, I hope to go to a arts and crafts festival held here a couple times a year.