Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #1  

Default Starting Over (Again)

The good news is that I've lost and kept off 40 pounds. The bad news is that I had lost 60 pounds. The past few months have been filled with crazy binging and the like.......and I've gained back 20 pounds.

I'm now recommitting myself to losing the rest of the weight I need to lose and could use some support. It's just such a hard journey.

Anybody else starting over again?
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #2  
But not for long...

Starting over again? That would be what I'm doing here..
AnonymousWayFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi to both of you! back!

And
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/219/165

Height: 5'9"

Lost 134.4 lbs in 2005-06. gained 37 since September. Doctor wants it gone by Christmas. (SIGH) Here we go again WW. This time I'm using every resource I can to get it off and keep it off! Good luck ya'all!
GonnaBeSkinnyGinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 AM   #5  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

You are so not alone! I gained a little over 20 pounds back, but at least I'm trying to get back on track before it's too late. Good for you for doing the same and best of luck!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

as far as i am concerned none of you are starting over....
u just fell off the wagon for a lil while....
but now ur back on it more determined than ever....
i did this too....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #7  
On my way back to goal!

S/C/G: 218/201.5/140

Height: 5' 2"

I'm there too! I was at goal weight and since the holidays last year have steadily put back on 20 pounds.

I agree, we are not starting over, we are just picking up where we left off

I am determined to get back into my spring/summer clothes from last year! And before it's too chilly to wear them this year!

MariSue
MariSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 161.2/160.3/140

Height: 5' 5"

Oh, you are definitely not alone here! I lost 40+ pounds about 5-6 years ago, but half of it has crept back. I'm appalled by what I look like these days, and FINALLY seem to have found the determination to do something about it. So add me to the "starting over" club!
Sami423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/255/154

Height: 5' 6"

Oh yes am I ever at this point. I gained back about 40 from November - April. Am so mad at myself I can't even tell you. I'm back to just about the same weight I was in May last year and I was 4 pds from my goal when I started this backslide.

I just wish I could find a solution for what seems to cause these types of back slides. I've had one other where I gained back 45 over a year or so.
They seem to happen when I start taking an academic class or have lots of outside activity that disrupt my schehule. This last one started when I was helping out with a christmas play. All the rehersals were after work and lasted through the time I would normally eat dinner. Then I started a class in January which just ended at the end of April.

Of course I do have to remind myself to put this is perspective I didn't gain everything back and I am still over 80 pounds less than I was when I started to lose wieght. Also I'm back on plan and lost almost 5 pounds last week.

Kilmeny
Kilmeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmeny
They seem to happen when I start taking an academic class or have lots of outside activity that disrupt my schehule. This last one started when I was helping out with a christmas play. All the rehersals were after work and lasted through the time I would normally eat dinner. Then I started a class in January which just ended at the end of April.
Kilmeny, your experience shows the pitfalls that await us all. If folks don't PLAN for our food and eating, then we revert to convenience and old habits. And sadly, our metabolism doesn't care what the reason is. Eat too much = gain weight.

So, if helping with a play and rehearsals last through dinner, a smart maintainer would take food with them. Starting a class would mean planning for foods around the class. And so on! We all face things like this every day!

Food can't be left to chance...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like to think that regain is part of the learning process. Obviously, I haven't learned to maintain yet. I will. I like being thin.

We did a poll once wrt how many times folks had tried to lose weight before they finally did. The results reflected what Anne Fletcher wrote in her book about maintaining. MANY TIMES! Ya just have to keep tryin'.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I have put on about 5 in the past few months. I know that may not sound like much..but still...i was soooo close to my goal and doing so well...to just let it add back on. And i am having a really tough time getting back in the groove. So, i'm with ya on starting back. I have really gotta start taking more time to plan and prepare my meals in advance so that i am always ready with healthy foods.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #13  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Wow, I put on 7lbs and thought I'd committed the greatest diet sin ever but I now realise I'm not alone! I've only lost 2lbs of it but we'll all get back eventaully!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 280/255/154

Height: 5' 6"

I agree food can't be left to chance. When I really think about it the real problem is that I let my academic success be more important than my health.

The class I was taking was entirely online so it wasn't that I didn't eat when I normally would. I let the class be more important than my planning. I tend to plan my week on Saturday morning and then go to the grocery store. When I'm taking a class that's when I like to do homework. So I would get started on homework and not get my planning done. So instead of messing up one meal I let it mess up all my meals. I guess this shows in the fact I got an A+ in the class, but while taking the class mananged to regain most of the weight I'm now re-losing.

Kilmeny
Kilmeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #15  
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

I'm starting over again, too. I've gained 30ks in the last 3 1/2 years. Today I went to the nutritionist and I'm starting a diet again, and this time I plan to keep up with it. So, you see, you're not alone.
Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote