Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 151/152/128

Height: 5'6

Default Measuring success in other ways!

My scale has yet to budge so I'm focusing on celebrating other things. The weekend means laundry for me, and in the past I would either have no workout clothes to wash or the token pair of pants from that one day I went to the gym. Today, half my dirty clothes are workout clothes! More evidence I'm doing what I need to do, and the rest will come later.

Congrats to everyone on your own way of seeing success!

makeyourownplans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeyourownplans View Post
My scale has yet to budge so I'm focusing on celebrating other things. The weekend means laundry for me, and in the past I would either have no workout clothes to wash or the token pair of pants from that one day I went to the gym. Today, half my dirty clothes are workout clothes! More evidence I'm doing what I need to do, and the rest will come later.
You are absolutely right, and it is important to keep a positive attitude!
I had no weight loss in my first month, when I not only sweated on my treadmill but I also shoveled oodles of snow literally every other day (February blessed s-w Ontario with a LOT of the white stuff). Not only I did not lose an ounce, I think I actually gained a pound. But, I have to admit that that was before I adjusted my eating habits and I was probably overcompensating for all the calories burnt.

Even before the scale moved, I could tell that my jeans that were, prior to the beginning of my journey, getting tighter by the minute started to feel more comfortable and eventually a bit loose. I also knew that the amount of fast walking on the treadmill was good for me (high blood pressure) even if the results could not be measured yet.

Stay positive and keep washing the stinky exercise laundry! I am doing the same today myself. Best wishes.

Last edited by Tomato; 05-10-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Keep at it. It's been about 7 months since I started. I've only lost 9.6# and 5" but my body fat % is down 2.3%, my BMI is down 1.7 and I am doing the C25K program. Slowly but surely I am getting there and I've done a lot of cheating along the way.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote