UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Chicken Kebab

How bad for you are they?....
the chicken is grilled....
has about 5 small pieces in....
filled with salead, peppers, onion and lettuce....
no sauce....
and in pitta bread....

i know its not the best but i dint think it was too bad a choice from the chippie....
i resisted the chips, resisted any sauce....

must admit tho, i do feel bad now for eating it, and will prolly double exercise 2mora to compensate....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/169/115

Height: 5'2"

I honestly don't think they're that bad. I make lamb kebabs for my friday night dinner, it's one of my two meat meals a week and I *adore* it. It depends on what the chicken's marinated in, but even then it shouldn't be too bad (I don't marinate my lamb, just season with black pepper, garlic salt and smoked paprika).

The harissa sauce probably isn't bad either unless they put cream in it; I make my own and it's just:

* one red chilli, seeded
* one clove of garlic
* 2 tsp caraway seeds
* 1/2 tsp each of ground coriander, ground cumen, paprika, black pepper
* 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
* drizzle of olive oil

all just stuck in a blender; so there's really not much in that to worry about I think, it's a pretty authentic recipe (and tastes gorgeous) so you should be getting something pretty similar from the shop. Their marinade for their chicken might well contain that, I'm thinking of trying that with my lamb too.

I soften my veggies (yellow and orange peppers, mushrooms, shallots sometimes) in the oven with just one spray of olive oil, and black pepper and garlic salt before putting them on the kebab. And cook the kebabs on a griddle pan, and serve with loads of salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion) and half a wholemeal pitta.

I love it, and honestly think it's relatively healthy.

Sorry for going on so much!

Last edited by tabitha; 05-11-2008 at 05:45 AM.
tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i think the chicken pieces are just purely chicken pieces....
they are put onto the skewers and stored in a fridge in the front of the shop....
i always feel bad about eating this sort of thing no matter how bad it is or isnt for me....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote