Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 AM   #1  

Default Please help! I really need motivation

I'm really itching to start eating better and working out, but here's the problem: I can't afford a gym membership. AND I live in the city. I know that's not an excuse, but I've always felt and done my best in a WORK-OUT environment like a gym. The sidewalks are limited, and (personally) I honestly don't feel safe jogging in a park...especially with the elevated crime rates around here.

I eat pretty healthfully, but I do slip from time to time...and I feel really blah because I'm getting no exercise! I wait tables, and that's pretty much the only exercise I ever get.

So I need motivation. Suggestions. ANYTHING! What do I do to start?? HOW do I start? Where do I go and what do I do? I just want to be active! Any suggestions??
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Exercise tapes...you can get some pretty intense work outs from those. I also turn on some music and dance my butt of personally. And I swim, swimming doesn't cost too much. I cant afford gym either so those are my forms of exercise.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #3  
Taking Care of Me

S/C/G: 252/221/140

Height: 5'5"

You mentioned jogging, if that's something you like to do, get a treadmill. This is the beginning of yard/garage sale season, you may be able to find an affordable one. Or you can try a "for sale/barter" site in your area.
For the sake of safety while jogging in the park you can run with your dog if you have one, or perhaps with a buddy.
As mentioned above, tapes are a great option. With so much selection it's hard not to find something that would interest you. If tapes are not your thing jumping rope is a killer aerobic workout, you could also buy one of those small trampolines, basically anything that keeps you moving.
Just some ideas for you.
chay is offline   Reply With Quote