Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #1  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

Default i kinda need to sound off, and also need support from my gals!

I've been kind of struggling today.

all afternoon i have wanted pizza. its my downfall... but instead i decided to suck it up.. went grocery shopping and bought on plan things i could enjoy..

my dinner was chicken cooked in butter and garlic, roasted vegetables and a greek salad.

lovely.

all that aside... i have been smoking the last few nights.

i quit in january... with champix.. and i have let it slide.

im going to call my doctor tomorrow morning to arrange a repeat prescription.. i feel so crappy about it, id been doing so well..

i guess it boils down to killing one craving with another... i cant do it.. and i need to nip it in the bud before it kicks in full force again as i have felt so much better not smoking!

just needed to sound off and get some support if possible! im through week 1 on plan.. ive lost 5 pounds.. ive been doing my pilates and feeling okay with it all.. now i need to nip this in the bud

PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

PrettyPaula, You're great! You can do this! Good idea to nip the smoking now, before it gets any worse. And CONGRATULATIONS on the 5 pounds lost! My gosh, you'll be down a stone before you know it!

I am an ex-smoker who had to quit twice before I really got it. Yes, quitting makes you want to munch--but choose your munchies! Carrot sticks, celery sticks--they are low cal but help with the mouth thing... Also you might try some "smoker's tea" as it used to be called--an herbal tea with ingredients that help lessen the cravings.

Hooray for your efforts! You can do it! Hang tough!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Paula, you are doing amazingly well. Try not to be too hard on yourself about the slip-up. Yes, smoking is bad for you and you feel better if you don't do it, but it's an addiction and that's really hard to give up. I quit myself several years ago and there are still times I'm struck by the urge to smoke! So I know where you're coming from, but I also know how strong and determined you are, so I know you'll kick the habit.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #4  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

PrettyPaula,
Congrats on the 4 pounds you lost.. That is AWESOME. I am glad to hear you are reconizing what needs to be changed now before it is to late and you side back to the way things use to be.. That shows you are totally determined in what you do..
Keep up the great work and again Congrats!!!

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #5  
Stepping Up

aww thanks so much guys.. im smiling my big *** off !

I feel like i will hit onederland in the next fortnight.. and i am not going to fall back on my crutch of cigarettes.. i am trying so hard to get my mum to stop.. and seeing me stop has made her want to finally. she is in her late fifties has hyper tension, angina and numerous other health issues..

my fiance also has been diagnosed with a heart problem and i cannot afford to let him start again. the consequences do not bare thinking about!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Wow I'm not a smoker and never have been but I cannot imagine trying to lose weight and battle food cravings and at the same time battle cigarette cravings! I've known several people in my life that quit smoking/drinking and I know it was very difficult for them and to this day they say that they still at times crave "one last drink or cigarette". I just wanted to say keep on at it!! You've already inspired your mom to try to quit so to me that says a lot about you and how motivating you are to others. Never forget that!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #7  
Stepping Up

thankyou!

i also went tee total 3 weeks ago although i dont find that too hard....

i just want this year to be THE year ya know?

i have 7 weeks until i fly to egypt.. exactly, to the day and i would ideally like to get down to 186 by then... thats my short term goal..!

ive also given up caffeine lol... i dont do things by halves!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I had to quit 7 times before it took, and now I'm so irritatingly proud of myself, that I wouldn't dare try it again. I took up knitting to give my hands something interesting to do, there are a lot of 'cool' knitting books for young gals, and you end up with cute things you can give as gifts.
Quitting so many things at one time is really hard, but it can be done. Good for you!!
Kofarq
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/165.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i think its great youre wanting to quit. I quit smoking about a year ago, but still have the occassional drag every now and then. I dont buy any packs anymore, but I feel like when I'm bored, I totally go to snacking...its the oral fixation element. its really a one day at a time thing. The key is to finding a healthy addiction to replace the other habits, heh. Now I wish every time i wanted a smoke or snack, i did a sit up. Why can't i be addicted to push ups instead?
luckylettuce is offline   Reply With Quote