Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/165.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy 2 steps forward, 4 steps back

Maybe it's bc it's Monday and I'm pms'ing but I'm feeling really down. I was doing so well last week, earlier on, then social engagements took over, or appointments, and then a bad reaction to an allergy shot knocked me off track. I haven't been able to work out since Wed of last week. I'm sure any weight i lost, i gained all back. I had an allergy shot on Thursday and almost had to go to the emergency room due to a reaction. After 2 hours, I was ok...and then ate some french fries, of course.

Friday night i had an awards event to go to with samples of local vendor's food. I had a mini slice of pizza and an egg roll that could be counted as an asian burrito.

The piece de la resistance of my night happened when the fried chicken folks rolled in. I put off temptation for so long, but managed to give in and had the smallest drumstick i could find. As fate would have it, Oakland magazine was there and asked if they could take a picture of my friend and I...immortalizing me and my bad choice...holding the chicken. Classy. This is what I get for choosing poorly.

Saturday I had half a calzone the size of a small toddler with a friend. I blame this all on the pms and the emotional highs and lows i deal with. I also just couldnt be bothered to run this weekend. Does this happen to you...you do great for a solid 2 weeks and then bam! For no reason at all, you fall off the wagon and before you know it, 4 days have gone by and 4 lbs have crept on you...and you feel miserable...
luckylettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #2  
No description available.

Aw, Lucky! I call days like that "speedbumps". Get back on track with the next meal, push the fluids and you'll be fine.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am ROFLING here over the calzone the size of a toddler .... LOL, that's hilarious!

Seriously though, don't be too hard on yourself. Slip-ups (or slip-downs? ) happen, such is life. I try very hard not to let it happen. Just go back to your "regular" stuff immediately and don't worry about the food - I hope you enjoyed it at least!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #4  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Okay.. just to co-miserate with you..

I truly believe PMS and Hormonal eating are an 'out-of-body' experience. I was doing great on South Beach Phase 1! Then hormones took over. Last week I was in your shoes.. except my shoes were peanut butter chocolate flavored... I kept eating any combination that I could find of chocolate and peanut butter. One little cup after the other, after the other...

We get a hall pass... The extra lbs will come off.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #5  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey don't dwell on all of those not -so great choices you made! Look forward to a new week of good foods and weight loss. One day at a time!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

its important not to let yourself get cut up over slip ups....
everyone makes them....
Onwards and Upwards!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote