Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Any exercise video suggestions?

I'm looking for an exercise video for me. I don't exercise regularly, so I'm pretty much a beginner. I want something that will help me lose weight and build muscle tone. I have limited equipment at home including, an inclined bench, a bike (but the kind that you sit down on and pedal, like reclined back) 2 25lb dumbbells (which are a bit too heavy for me to do much with) and a weight bar with 2 5lbs, 2 10lbs and 2 20lbs.

I'm at home with a toddler. Any suggestions on what kind of video I should be looking for to get the best (quickest) results?
CTripp924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I LOVE Walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone. There are many videos to choose from, depending on your level of fitness. Start out with a 30 minute walk of hers. If you belong to Netflix or blockbuster you can rent her videos from them to see which one suits you best. But she is a great cardio workout that is easy to follow.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #3  
taking it 1 day @ a time

S/C/G: 180/145/145

Height: 5' 8"

If you'd like, you can check out my wellness blog for ideas for lifting weights <--linkosuction-->. As for your bike, I'd suggest doing a workout that was interval-based, maybe something like this (next to the number of minutes is the level of what your intensity should be):

2 mins warm up
5 mins regular intensity
2 mins harder intensity
3 mins regular intensity
3 mins harder intensity
2 mins hardest intensity
5 mins regular intensity
3 mins harder intensity
3 mins hardest intensity
5 mins regular intensity to cool down

OR

you could just start at a regular intensity and every 2 minutes increase your incline, and do that for 30-35 minutes. Once you start doing this regularly, you can increase the minutes to 35-40. Just a thought if you can't find a video you like!

ETA: you (or anyone) can always PM me for any other suggestions! AND those weights of your could be put to some good use too...

Last edited by mommiesruletheworld; 05-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.
mommiesruletheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/190/130

Height: 5'4"

I'd really recommend The Biggest Loser Workout. They've got four different workouts in there (low intensity, high intensity, muscle tone and Boot Camp) and in the slightly-over-a-week I've been using it, I've really been feeling the physical difference and results are already showing.

The best part is, they use past contestants in the background, so they're sweating and puffing right along with you, no over-enthusiastic barbie dolls to be seen!
TinselToes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I like The Firm DVD's. There are single DVDs and there are sets (like 3 DVDs and step). I have a couple of the sets and some singles (just the one DVD) If you time them 3-5 days a week, you will see results in a little over a month. My measurements changed.

I like them, but since I have a 3 year old that never stops, it is hard to do them. I have stopped using videos for awhile now and sticking with other things like the eliptical and walking.

I will be glad when I can start using them again. I really miss using these videos.
remtana is offline   Reply With Quote