Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #1  
Just the Beginning

S/C/G: 203

Height: 6'0

Unhappy New to this...

Hi, everyone. My name is Krystal. And I'n a 23 year old, female in Michigan. I am new to this... This being 3FC AND the whole dieting world, as it is. I've had diet plans before but to no avail. And everytime I felt like "The Biggest Loser". And not in terms of the hit show. Last week, I finally started a diet plan that seems to be working for me. I've been eating right, eating less but more often, working out, and drinking water like I'll never see it again! And last Friday, on the 25th of April, I weighed myself, I was at 211 lbs. I weighed myself again this past Friday, May 2nd and was shocked to find I was down to 203 lbs! It was a pleasant shock, don't get me wrong but a shock none the less! I got off and on the scale twice just to make sure there wasn't some type of fluke!
So, while I'm very excited about my progress so far, people around me don't seem to be as happy. People have had snide remarks about how if I lose too much weight my head will be too big for my body. Or how I'm starving myself. Which are all things I know not to be true. But I just wonder. I've been unhappy about my size for as long as I can remember and everyone who knows me, knows that. Yet, now that I'm actually doing it, losing the weight instead of just complaining about it, I am getting nothing but all out RUDENESS!! The skinny girl in me says, "They're just jealous because they don't want you to look better than them." But that's just not me and I really don't want to believe that. Oh! Then there's people everyday trying to put me off track, when they KNOW I am on a diet! "Just one bite Krystal..." Of a sundae?! I don't think so, I'm not strong enough yet just to take ONE BITE!
Why isn't anyody happy for me?

Last edited by MeMinus40; 05-04-2008 at 11:37 AM.
MeMinus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  
No description available.

I'm happy for you!! Congrats!!

Sometimes some people just don't "get it", so celebrate here with us! Welcome to 3FC!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Change is hard for those around us. I think sometimes when people in your life see you making changes, it scares them because they think subconsciously that it's going to have an affect on *them* as well. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but emotions are rarely rational!

Try to ignore it and keep going. What matters is that you're getting healthier for *you*, and as people start to realize that you're happier, they'll come around. And if they don't, they're probably pretty unhappy with themselves and they need to worry about their own issues, not what you're doing.

In the meantime, this is a great place to get support when you're feeling all alone in your struggle. You're off to a great start!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #4  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

People can be funny, I don't think they really realize the harm they can cause. My husband has type 2 diabetes but is able to manage it with losing a bit of weight and watching what he eats. He told me he was out with colleagues for dinner and they kept pushing desert on him. He politely refused twice and then finally had to say: Stop trying to feed sugar to the diabetic. In that moment they realized what they were doing and apologized profusely.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm happy for you too!!! Thrilled in fact.

Yeah, a lot of people just don't "get it". Change frightens people. Too darn bad. You must do what's good for YOU. You've got to learn to turn a deaf ear to them. And great job on turning down that one bite - of a sundae. Boy do I hear you. One bite turns into 2 and then 3 and then......... So not worth even STARTING.

Keep at it. Just keep going. And you can "talk" about weight loss, the success and the struggles with us here at 3FC. You've got our full support.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I'm happy for you, and I'm happy for me, too!! I've only lost 3 pounds, so far, but This time I know I'm going to stick to it!! People want others to fail, so they'll feel better about themselves. I was at an all-day conference the other day, and while everybody was snarfing down muffins and juice, I was hiding in my car, eating yogurt and a banana. One of my colleagues walked by and saw me, and when I held up my yogurt cup, she started laughing, but she didn't give me away to the others! Do what works for you, even if you have to sneak a little.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #7  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well done on your loss so far, you're doing great! It sounds to me like you're being healthy and when you first start to lose weight it usually does come off a little quicker so it's nothing to worry about!

Just stick at it and you'll start to see the results and be happier with yourself. Who cares what they think! Good luck, and welcome by the way
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

We're very happy for you, and we know exactly how hard losing weight can be, particularly when surrounded by negativity. So congratulations!!!

Who are these people who aren't supporting you? People can be so cruel, and sometimes people think that your attempted changes are commentary on their lifestyle. If they see you succeed they can feel guilty about their own lack of progress. But don't let that hold you back from moving forward with your plans for a healthier you!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

do it for you....
so what if they make snide comments....
im sure they wont be when you reach your targets....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #10  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

No one's going to make fun of you here. We are your kind of people. Post as often as you like and you'll get tons of support. There's nothing better than the taste of success so keep up what you're doing and be happy for yourself.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote