Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #1  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Default TBL "Just Beachy" Blue Team Chat #2

Well, hi all you losers Blue team rocks!!!

Hey, I was wondering, since I worked in the yard from 1pm to 7pm, shouldn't that count for something. On Fit Day I get 1041 calories using moderate work while sitting, so . . . honorary mention????

The plant sale was great! Got several kinds of tomatoes, broccoli (I've never done it before) and a bunch of landscaping plants (foxglove, sedum, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now), but it was a blast! Like noted above, worked the rest of the day, weeding the part of the yard that's "under control" so I can be "allowed" to work in the veggie garden. Oooooh . . . . can't wait!

Prayers are on my heart for the accident victim and her family - I'll bring it to church with me tomorrow (in my heart) and give it a little more time then too.

DH was too sweet tonight, made Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner, but for me he actually steamed some broccoli and zuchinni I just bought today - I just love him - but . . . he can go visit some friends some time soon too - I like to have the place to myself once in awhile. Husbands, can't live with 'em, can't shoot em!

Later, and congratulations to all you BLUES whatever your new standing is. . . .

Dora
Old 05-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

(this is from the other thread)

I watched Becoming Jane..and I totally forgot to look for the black thong, lol. I just got too into the movie. It was pretty good though. I think I'll buy it on dvd, then I can look for the thong again, lol.

Nori~I had Netflix, but I kept forgetting to return the movies. Then I kept forgetting to update my list. So ya..it wasnt worth it.

Oh ya..Dh emailed me tonight..and he said that when I go visit him..He wants me to swim in the ocean wearing just my tankini and no shorts or shirts over it. I dunno what to do. I wrote him back saying that I gave away my tankini..but he wrote back saying that he knew I was lying, because he saw it in my underwear drawer, lol. I guess I'm gonna have to work extra hard now.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-04-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Whooo blue team!!!

Does anyone else do Yoga Booty Ballet?
Old 05-04-2008, 05:23 AM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

No..what is that???

I'm thinking of giving my Belly dancing dvd another try. I was just watching some of Shakira's videos, and it just made me wanna try it again. I might as well put my hips to good use.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Someone in the last thread asked me about the 30 Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels. I don't know anything about the DVD. I just did a 30-minute workout on my cable On Demand thingy. Sorry I can't be more helpful

Speaking of which, that On Demand has quite a few workouts! Should give me something to do when it's raining or too hot to go walking outside, and offers lots of variety. I'm glad I finally checked it out after seeing multiple people mention it here on 3FC!

Oh, today, we are going to visit Jeff's mom. Not something either of us is particularly excited about. She lives waaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere, and she's just annoying. I'm a very nice person and try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this woman is just too much. I know, I could have a much worse future MIL, but I just try so hard to be nice and it kills me because it takes all I have when talking to her not to just scream at her to shut up! She's not mean or anything, just soooo prying and nosey and pushy. She's been asking us, "So when are you gonna git me some grandkids?" since we'd only been dating for a few months (and yes, "git." Even though she apparently grew up near the city, she seems to speak a bit like a country bumpkin). And she's always asking Jeff about his father (they're divorced). Jeff tells her all the time he only talks to his father like twice a year, so he has nothing to shre with her, but she always asks. And everything's always, "well, why don't you do this?" and "howcome you don't do that?" like everything we do should be done her way. I would be able to accept it more if Jeff was her baby and she only wanted what's best for him or whatever, but Jeff's older cousin raised him more than his mother did, and he already has a better life now than when he was growing up.

ugh, sorry for the rant. Anyway, of to his mother's house for the afternoon (we use our puppies as an excuse not to spend the night at her place anymore--her guest room is off the garage and is filled with spiders, which I don't handle well at all). I don't know what she'll be making for dinner, but I'm sure anything even remotely healthy will be swimming in butter, so I'll just watch my portions.

I'm on the lookout for the new week's exercise challenge!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:00 AM   #6  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I'm thinking of giving my Belly dancing dvd another try. I was just watching some of Shakira's videos, and it just made me wanna try it again. I might as well put my hips to good use.
We must be on the same wave-langth. I have some Belly dance DVD's too. 'Hip's Don't Lie' just came up on my iPod and I started shakin' my booty. It really made me want to start using the DVD's again. Of course that means I have to get all the sewing crap out of my living room. I remember when I was doing it before I felt muscles in my stomach I didn't know I had and it hurt to laugh for the first week or so. But it was a good hurt and it made me feel all sexy.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

NROLW - New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's a weight lifting book.

Francie, my dh is former army, and I can remember back when he used to go on his "downrange" deployments for 2-4 weeks or Reforgers in Germany for 6 weeks. Heck, 4 weeks after we met he left for Korea (DMZ) for a 15 month tour and we got married when he came back. Back in the day, we had no email and there was only AT&T so we got a once a month short phone call (if he timed it so I was home) which was like $30 and the rest depended on us writing letters. So your dh's comment reminded me of when my dh was deployed. I used to get the strangest things in the mail - a black bikini comes to mind - I've never been a bikini wearer, but somehow he was sweet enough to forget reality when we'd been apart and it was just nice that he was thinking of me.

BTW, what is a cheese crisp? You mentioned your dh making those to eat b4 he left. Is that the same as a grilled cheese sandwich?

So how about a QOTD:?????

What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge or for some of us, being back "on plan" for a week?

For me, some real physical/emotional differences. I don't wake up in a food coma anymore, "hung over" from the prior night's bad choices, and angry/disgusted at myself. I wake up happy and eager to eat well (and weigh myself! ) One of the biggest changes has been insomnia. I GO to sleep well, but wake up b/w 1-3 am and cannot sleep. By the time 5:30 or 6 rolls around I have a painful pit in my stomach waking me up - I'M STARVING!!! No more wanting to sleep in - it physically hurts! I've not felt this kind of hunger in a long time. In my old life I"m usually numb from being overstuffed. Altho, I do think I need to increase the evening calories or eat a snack before bed, bc this overnite insomia is really tiring me out the next day.

Have a great day everyone. I will weigh in later when I can move around in the house w/o waking everyone. Then it's off to make some great scrambled eggs and toast! (That's another thing too - a desire to cook healthy food and not waking up wanting McDs or do - nots)

Last edited by sportmom; 05-04-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Hi girls (and boys!)

I missed a lot the last couple of days in the 1st thread.

Happy to report I've added a 2 lb loss to our challenge losses so far

I'll be back...
Old 05-04-2008, 07:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Blue team rocks!

blue team rocks!
What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge or for some of us, being back "on plan" for a week?I am making sure I exercise before sitting down after work and during work on my lunch break I am walking daily so I am thinking about it. I also have hung a bathing suit that I could if I were to really lose weight and inches fit into - not an extreme suit but one that I could actually fit into - down one size from what I am wearing now to go for some progress along the way.

I agree - onto week 2!

lucky you for steaming
and the support in your home

Last edited by trailgroomer; 05-04-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: answered new q
Old 05-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #10  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

What has really changed for you in the first week of the challenge or for some of us, being back "on plan" for a week?

For me - getting back into exercise - I feel stronger. I feel my muscles switched on. I like exercise -looking at me you wouldnt know it but it is such a great destress. I am also getting my 4 year old involved - he rides his bike and I am briskly walking or slightly jogging behind him. I was thinking today if he gets to the stage I can take off his training wheels I'll buy myself a bike so we can both ride.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #11  

Default yes - get ready to do it

mumtoliam - yes - go riding with him when he is ready! It is so much fun.
I have a rail trail for just bike riding which makes it really safe.
Do you?

for me joining the challenge has also meant a focus and also a way to get ideas to move it to lose it!

go team blue
Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #12  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post

I am much more focused again and it feels great!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I suppose I must do the dishes and get some laundry going (it never ends, does it?!) Then I will snuggle w/ the dogs. I rented 27 dresses, so we'll watch that later. Well, I watch it, the dogs will sleep on my lap.

Dora--Your garden is going to be fantastic! What a sweet dh! I'm w/ you...I like to have the house to myself for a little while too.

Francie--Now there's an incentive!

jillybean--I love our exercise on demand. I have tried lots of different exercises that I normally wouldn't have tried (wouldn't buy the dvd). Hope the visit today isn't too bad. I am not a fan of visiting my ils, but sometimes it must be done.

Renee--Congrats!

rhonda--I honestly don't know how you do it, working w/ your dh at home all day long. Being around each other that much would drive me crazy! I love my dh and love our time together, but we need our time apart too. Hope you are able to get some alone time soon. How's the puppy?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #14  

Default where do we find this week's minutes for exercise?

Hi

where do we find this week's minutes for exercise?

Old 05-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #15  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgroomer View Post
Hi

where do we find this week's minutes for exercise?

I don't think chellez has posted the next exercise challenge yet!