Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Question Laser Hair Removal????

Laser Hair Removal--
Anybody have it done? Does it work? How many treatments did you need??

I have a derma and a ps that I can ask---- but I wanted real people's reactions to it and not a doctors advice shilling out their product.

I have dark hair and light skin and peach fuzz on my face and neck and upper lip that wouldn't be a problem at all-- If I were a blonde. This is not the case and hate having to use a facial trimmer all the time.....

Anybody?? Know anything about this?? Personal/anectdotal comments......

Thanks!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170 / 158.8 / 130

Height: 5'5''

I'm doing it soon to my face, I've some hair. I have nothing bad to say about the method... its expensive but I guess its worth paying for something that saves us a lot of time and which make us feel good...
Epica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I had it done on my facial hair about 5 years ago. It was expensive and parts of it were very very painful (upper nose near lip and lower eyebrow). Although they said that it normally takes 6-8 months, it took me a little over a year to get to a place where I was comfortable with it. I still had some hair but not very much. Lately I've noticed that some of it has started growing back but still a lot thinner than it was when i first started. They had also told me that it may slowly grow back over time.

So its not permanent and it really depends on your own hair growth on how many treatments you will need. Hair grows in 3 cycles and they say they need to at least hit every cycle twice so that is at minimum 6 treatments but with thicker/darker hair, it may take a lot more than that, such as in my case.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I had my bikini done. It was extremely painful and expensive and the hair is not gone...it's better, but not completely gone and considering that it might come back, I don't think it was worth the pain and expense, but then again, it's not for my face!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I have had it done on my side burns, upper lip, bikini line, upper leg and am just finishing up treatment on my stomach, lower leg and under arms. I've had pretty good results with it. I have some really fine hair left on my upper lip, which I just wax about every 3 months now. I have a few patches of hair remaining on my bikini line/upper leg which I'll probably treat with one more session. But considering that a few years ago my bikini line went half way down my thigh I'm thrilled with the results. I'm definitely noticing a difference in my underarms (I would have to shave everyday, and by the afternoon I would have a sort of 5 o'clock shadow) I haven't shaved my underarms in over a month! Same with my lower legs.

In case you haven't figured out I'm a hairy hairy girl.... and the laser treatments have made a huge difference. I eventually hope to laser my arms and then I should be relatively hair free. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I help the numb the pain with a topical numbing cream with really makes a huge difference in the pain level.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/-/170

Height: 5'8"

I had my bikini done just once, I used emla cream for an hour beforehand and felt almost nothing. Now my hair is 1/2 as thick. It was well worth it, I've just been too busy to get it done again. Here once a year or so they have specials where you can get bikini + armpits for the price of bikini.

Also, take tylenol + ibuprofein beforehand to kill the swelling and pain.

Beats the **** out of paying 60+$ a month for waxing.
GoNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #7  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

How much is it, approximately? Like just for one area of facial hair?
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I had my bikini done. It was extremely painful and expensive and the hair is not gone...it's better, but not completely gone and considering that it might come back, I don't think it was worth the pain and expense, but then again, it's not for my face!
I was contemplating doing some laser hair removal on my legs. (A friend of mine was disappointed with her results, so I decided not to.) I work for a marketing company and we recently started promoting Schick's Quattro for Woman. I tried it and it kept my legs smooth for about 3 days. Thats the longest I have ever experienced from a razor. ( I am talking smooth with no touch ups.) It was convenient because my boyfriend surprised me with a weekend getaway and I was bikini ready!
futureSkinnyMinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #9  
Carolyn

I had very thick black hair on my chin, under my chin and under my nose (almost like mens whiskers) which I would pluck on a daily basis only to have to have to do it all again the next day. It is now five weeks since my first treatment and the results have been dramatic. The hair growth has decreased by at least 75% and the hairs that do grow are soft and fine.
ratties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #10  

Height: 5'1"

OK, sounds good. But, how much did you have to pay per session?
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #11  

I had laser removal on my underarms and I got a really bad blister that left a scar.My friend and her mother worked at the spa that I got it done at. If I could do it again, I would pick a part of my body to test it on where it would be less noticeable if I had a reaction.

skinnyminny- I use the Intuition because its convenient but I don't love the shave it gives me. I will have to give the Quattro a test run. Thanks for the tip!
Bagel Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #12  
I will not give up!

S/C/G: 214/204/150

Height: 5'4''

When I got mine done, I got almost 40% off the total price because of specials they were having. You should check around and see if they are having specials. And, my advice for you is to definitely get the topical that they offer you...it will numb your skin and you will be in less pain than if you had gone without it. It's not required and they don't "give" it to you, you have to pay for it (at least I did) but I did once without it and it was the most painful thing ever...and not to mention I could smell burning flesh without it. So, go for the gel/cream!!

Additionally, the nurse [who did mine] and I agreed that the pain is kind of similar to snapping rubber bands against your skin repeatedly...and not softly. Just thought I'd throw that in there, but I suppose that pain is different for everyone. The pain decreases as your treatments go on because your hair is less coarse.

Last edited by KittyKatGirl; 05-22-2008 at 11:38 AM.
KittyKatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #13  
paulaS

S/C/G: 285/tickler/150

Height: 5 8

I've had laser done on my chin and mustache, I'v had about 6 treatments, I'm not as hairy as I was, but the hair is still there, laser feels like a rubber band popping at your skin, and laser is usually done only for dark hair, I've had friends that have had the treatment who are very dark skinned and they gotten burned from the laser, leaving terrible scars on their face, so the lighter you are, the better it will be
Paulas
pkend4593 is offline   Reply With Quote