Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #1  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Ugh!!!

I just had a huge trial. It's still not won, but I'm here so that I don't do anything stupid...

I am an Administrative Assistant for a Hospice organization. My office is in a hospital, but I'm at the end of an empty hallway so I have complete control of what goes into/comes out of my office - usually.

Just now a rep from a local nursing home came into my office, handed me a folder with information and a bag of candy. UGH!!!! I love candy/chocolate/anything sweet. I started looking up points for items in the bag. There are some small boxes of Jr. Mints, fun size 3 Muskateers and other odd items, but those are the ones that are bothering me.

I thought, "oh it's a small box of Jr. Mints" but I know me and once I start I won't finish till at least all the chocolate's gone. I put the bag on my boss' desk. She's not in. She'll never know if I eat any or all of it BUT I'll know. So here I sit trying to behave myself. I was going to take the bag to someone else on my floor, but that wouldn't be fair to my boss since it was a gift to Hospice.

It's talking to me from her office, LOL! Gosh, I'm just awful!

I like being 30 lbs thinner than I am. I won't be able to stay that way if I eat like that again. You bite, you write and I can't afford the points. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. <-------lots of self talk here!
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Stay strong, Kim! That candy will do you no good! If you can't allocate the points for it, don't eat it. Candy has no nutritional value.

And besides, the person who brought it to you SPIT ALL OVER EVERYTHING. I saw her do it just a minute ago.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #3  
Kim

My boss is on her way in. She'll take the candy. I have to go to Subway for lunch. I thought I had something here, but I don't.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Stay strong, Kim!

And Suite!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #5  
Kim

I just realized that she left the bag on her desk overnight, so the candy's still there. She ate the Jr. Mints though, LOL! We're having a luncheon today for our volunteers. Only one thing is being served, so I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to handle this. The chicken is breaded and they ordered cheesecake for dessert. Looks like I might have to dip into some FPs today...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Good luck, Kim. Scrape the bread off of the chicken. (No veggies at all with the meal? Strange... and IMO unsatisfying.) If you choose to have some cheesecake, just make it small. You'll be okay.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #7  
Kim

You're reading my mind Faerie. I'll scrape the breading off. We're having a salad and capri (?) veggies, so hopefully I will be okay there, depending on what they cook the veggies in...

The cheesecake will be bad, but I know me and I'll have to at least try some of it.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Tell us how it tastes, Kim! At least there will be some form of vegetable there!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

You can stay strong, Kim! Good luck at that dinner.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #10  
Kim

I'm a baaaaaaaaaad girl I ate a salad, chicken breast (with all the breading scraped off) steamed veggies and the whole piece of cheesecake! I just couldn't make myself quit. It was plain with no syrup or cherries, but still. Everyone else had gooey chocolate cheesecake. So, I'm guesstimating that my whole lunch cost me about 13 pts today. Oops! I have 2 pts left for the rest of the day. Looks like I'll be using FPs tonite! Thank God for FPs!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Haha Kim it is funny catching up on this thread after the initial battle with the bag. I know I've been there, and I am so proud of you for not letting those silly Junior Mints get the best of you (anyone else flashing back to Seinfeld? Kramer and the Junior Mints?)!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #12  
Kim

Thanks! Too bad the cheesecake didn't suffer the same avoidance as the Jr. mints!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

It's hard to stop eating cheesecake once you start. -_- I'm the same way! I think you make great choices with the rest of your lunch. One piece of cheesecake will not hold you back for long!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #14  

Allowing yourself to have that treat, may prevent you for bingeing. That's what happens to me when I constantly deny when I have a craving. Then I eat everything sweet in sight!!

Nevermind when it's TOM! UGH!
astigmatistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #15  
Kim

Well, I just went on a 2 hr hike in the woods looking for mushrooms. It was beautiful out. We got rained on at one point, but it didn't last long. I earned back half of my cheesecake pts , so I'll be able to eat a decent dinner and not dip too horribly into my FPs. Whew!

DH just ran to the local bar and grill to pick up fried chicken for himself. Good thing I'm not big on fried food or else I'd be in real trouble today!

Have a good night everyone!